Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
Dropped the foot pedal plate from my T300 onto my foot the other day and limped for the better part of a week. Apparently sim racing is a contact sport.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Abiteboul is openly threatening Palmer.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

1500quidporsche posted:

So basically I ate poo poo in qualifying and the 1st race gambling on lower tire pressures, the final race would've been a decent recovery drive had I not run the tires down to the cords with three or four laps to go which meant the thing just had horrific understeer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkjO7XFFoC8

Excited thinking bout dat big Kube.

Are you a beta tester for youtube's imagine stabilization software?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Human Grand Prix posted:

Abiteboul is openly threatening Palmer.

Best part about this will be Daddy Palmer's outraged reaction to Abiteboul telling him that Jollyon has been shitcanned, and Abiteboul's subsequent reply.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Khablam posted:

I'll believe it when I see it. Palmer has worked hard on improving this season and his seat is bwahahahahahahahah

Welcome back Bobby.

Hold up people, word is that Jolly Palmer has burned his unlucky underpants. He's going to loving shine in Hungary.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I think the funniest outcome now would for palmer to score a podium in Hungary

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Matsushita is getting to test for Sauber.

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Yes, I have walked along the path of evil many times, it's a twisting curving path, that actually leads to a charming block garden, but beyond that evil!

I was watching some Formula 2 stuff, and the announcer kept saying Charles Leclerc first name like Char, so the nerd in me will call him the The Red Comet while he's with Ferrari.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

p. nice Wolf Parade ref posted:

I was watching some Formula 2 stuff, and the announcer kept saying Charles Leclerc first name like Char, so the nerd in me will call him the The Red Comet while he's with Ferrari.

It's Charl, he's Monegasque so even more pretentious than your garden variety French.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Yeah Charl is how the French say Charles. Everything is silent in French

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
And lewis hamilton is Léwiiis amiltonneh.

In other news:
Mercedes is coming to formula E

https://twitter.com/FIAformulaE/status/889554108746797056

mrfart fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jul 24, 2017

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
So that's how they're going to offload Low-Energy Valteri...

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Palmer will be in formula e soon

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

1500quidporsche posted:

had I not run the tires down to the cords with three or four laps to go
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkjO7XFFoC8

I was under the impression you chose tyres that start the race in that condition.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Also what the hell is that gopro mounted on, springs?

Mass damper.

Joking aside, good video man.

ilmucche fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jul 24, 2017

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Norns posted:

Palmer will be in formula e soon

He won't you know. Palmer is in formula 1 so Daddy can sell corporate track days to people in the paddock, formula e is a whole different market. He might get a drive in WEC or another tin top series though.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

learnincurve posted:

He won't you know. Palmer is in formula 1 so Daddy can sell corporate track days to people in the paddock, formula e is a whole different market. He might get a drive in WEC or another tin top series though.

I somehow doubt the tiny msv logo on his helmet is selling anymore palmersport days. Even though they are pretty much one of the best track experiences you can do.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

:unsmith: come back to us gammy arm man

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Tsaedje posted:

:unsmith: come back to us gammy arm man

I just cannot see how that arm can race F1 cars and go a whole race distance. I just cannot see it

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

I just cannot see how that arm can race F1 cars and go a whole race distance. I just cannot see it

Sheer force of will. Senna slammed a shitbox McLaren stuck in 5th around Interlagos and won. This is a dude who should've loving died in Canada one year and came back to win the next year.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Wearing Calvin Klein shirts. Who does he think he is, Lewis Hamilton?

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Theophany posted:

Sheer force of will. Senna slammed a shitbox McLaren stuck in 5th around Interlagos and won. This is a dude who should've loving died in Canada one year and came back to win the next year.

The Big Cube is a loving legend.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Lean meat

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I mean literal children are strong enough to drive Formula One cars so I think he'll be all right with his nothing but muscle child arm

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

mrfart posted:

In other news:

...and leaving DTM at the end of 2018 season. The electric series is on the up.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Rip DTM

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Vettel drives half the race with one arm sticking out gesturing to other drivers so i don't see why not.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

mrfart posted:

And lewis hamilton is Léwiiis amiltonneh.

In other news:

lmao that was pretentious as gently caress

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

You guys do remember that every time the worst thread hypes someone or something they turn out to be a massive disappointment right? Kube is going to be a fan favourite, finish in the points a couple of times and do gently caress all else.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

NtotheTC posted:

You guys do remember that every time the worst thread hypes someone or something they turn out to be a massive disappointment right? Kube is going to be a fan favourite, finish in the points a couple of times and do gently caress all else.

It's probably been said before but it bears repeating; your avatar is perfect.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Theophany posted:

It was stuck in 6th.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

NtotheTC posted:

what are you talking about, stroll is going to loving dominate next year

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

OhsH posted:

In more ways than one

OhsH posted:

Truely a kindred spirit.

edit:

ilmucche posted:

I was under the impression you chose tyres that start the race in that condition.

Nah, I had tires that I kinda thought would be marginal throughout the day and it was pretty obvious with 3 or 4 laps left to go that something had happened because the kart just had horrific understeer. the other side had the same thing but just not as bad. The club switched what tire brand you could use over the winter and these wear out way faster than the old ones.

F1DriverQuidenBerg fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Jul 25, 2017

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Last time that photo was posted someone said it was a terrible angle and the arm actually looks much more normal.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

wicka posted:

Last time that photo was posted someone said it was a terrible angle and the arm actually looks much more normal.

Yeah I found this other photo and it's not that bad

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

Rip DTM

DTM should have died at the end of the 90s

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

dentist toy box posted:

Yeah I found this other photo and it's not that bad

Phwoar what an arm on Our Kubbie

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

OhsH posted:

Pay to...win?

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

In more ways than one

edit:

Nah, I had tires that I kinda thought would be marginal throughout the day and it was pretty obvious with 3 or 4 laps left to go that something had happened because the kart just had horrific understeer. the other side had the same thing but just not as bad. The club switched what tire brand you could use over the winter and these wear out way faster than the old ones.

why dont you buy some new tires?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

It's a hobby and I'm skeptical that I'm going to enjoy it that much more spending money to buy new tires. Plus there's poo poo within the hobby I'd rather spend my cash on like a trailer and tools that isn't going to vanish in 3 races time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

GramCracker posted:

DTM should have died at the end of the 90s

90s DTM was loving dope tho

• Locked thread