Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will earn the Iron Throne
Jon Snow / Stark (Targaryen)
Daenerys Stormborn Targaryen, Breaker of Chains, Mother of dragons, etc. etc. etc.
Cersei Lannister
Cersei's corpse after getting backstabbed by Jamie
Hodo...wait, nevermind.
Zombie Mountain
Arya / Hound spinoff series
Checkbox
View Results

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

To be fair the app and web player is still garbage but once you actually get the episode started seems to work just fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

To be fair the app and web player is still garbage but once you actually get the episode started seems to work just fine

If you should ever have a look at the CuriosityStream app, you'll probably apologize both to the HBO apps, and the word 'garbage'.

/edit:
Thunderstorm over Flagstaff, so I'm fully expecting to get cut off halfway through the episode, because lol infrastructure in northern Arizona

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jul 24, 2017

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Ya but that's mostly applicable to any streaming app that isn't one of the big mainstream ones unless you're on the most popular platforms. I think most are just some botched web interface. Smart TV apps are often the worst (yes I know big surprise)

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I'm getting a little awkward over here

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Did anyone not get that the dude that reached his hand out of the cell was Jorah Mormont from the last episode

"I command you to heal yourself" 🙄

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Guess I'll spoiler this for now

ok so wtf is gonna save Cersei here everything seems figured out

-edit

loving hell how long is this greyworm scene

- shut the gently caress up Sansa

- civil war in the north?

-gently caress YES Nymeria. Glad they kept that part of the story.

oh nvm about Nymeria

-Dorne FAAAAAAART

- lmao that Euron entrance. Still lame they just hand waved him an armada

- those Dorne chicks still suck

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Jul 24, 2017

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

eh pretty slow episode until the last bit but I suppose it was laying a lot of foundation for the rest of the season

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Does anyone think the Dothraki are going to have major issues fighting in Westoros? I mean warm climate and flat terrain fighters...Seems like a recipe for problems. That's even just assuming their horses don't have tons of issues on their own too.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
lol theon is the best worst character

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Does Jon or Danny have the stronger Targaryn claim to the throne? I'd love if somehow Jon to get to the throne room and was all "Hey Aunt, as the rightful heir to the Seven Kingdoms and Targ bloodline I'll gladly allow you to bend the knee."

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Soylent Pudding posted:

Does Jon or Danny have the stronger Targaryn claim to the throne? I'd love if somehow Jon to get to the throne room and was all "Hey Aunt, as the rightful heir to the Seven Kingdoms and Targ bloodline I'll gladly allow you to bend the knee."

Danny is the far more direct one by being the mad kings proper daughter...Or whatever else that hosed up family tree has relationship wise then Jon.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Bastards don't have any claim whatsoever, so regardless of Jon being a Targaryen or a Stark bastard, Dany's got the claim.

But they should just gently caress, imo

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
Cersei could legitimize Jon.

Rhaegar, before getting his brains smooshed by Robert's hammer, was heir to the Mad King. Rhaegar's son, before getting his brains smooshed in by The Mountain, was heir to Rhaegar.

Succession went to Viserys (and then Dany) because Rhaegar's childen were dead.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

hahaha oh my god Euron is going to capture Jon and then he's gonna be roasted on a spit.. but he won't burn because lol dumb audience won't remember season 1 and then Cersei's gonna cut him loose and legitimize him to set the North and the Dragon Queen against each other.

... or the same as above except Jon isn't immune to fire. Instead they awkwardly shoe-in Howland Reed somewhere on the way to White Harbor->Euron Capture and he spills the beans about Jon.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

I enjoyed a little grammar lesson cleared up things early on.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Well that episode went a lot of places I didn't expect. I appreciate that Arya is going to be on a lifelong quest to catch up with her family who she will never see again because they always just leave someplace when she's on her way.

Also thank gently caress those dumbass sand snakes bit it

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

oh also missandei titties

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

:eyepop:

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Soylent Pudding posted:

I remember the flashback episode from last season, but who knows Jon is a Targaryen? Just Bran since he was around for the flashback, or others?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

nwiniwn posted:

I remember the flashback episode from last season, but who knows Jon is a Targaryen? Just Bran since he was around for the flashback, or others?

Howland Reed has never been shown and he knows. Outside of that, just whomever Bran has told.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
They kind of implied that littlefinger knew a bit about it too, he made some comment to Sansa about her Aunts "kidnapping" as if he knew she willingly ran off with the targ

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

That transition from Sam cutting off Jorah's grayscale to the guy in the Inn digging into his pie was loving hilarious.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I like that the show has experimented with different styles of filmmaking lately. The minimal dialogue sequences in particular have been incredibly well done and really set the show above a lot of the other series that are out there.

Edit: the only thing I can think of that comes close is the one-take sequence from True Detective

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
I heard that the dude playing Euron says the character is going to do poo poo to make him the most hated character in the series.

Then he goes and becomes the best loving character ever by killing the Sandsnakes.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
His loving entrance was ~*~FABULOUS~*~ as all hell. Freddie loving Mercury would be hard pressed to come up with a more extravagant entrance. The dude looks like Kanye's version of a pirate and acts like most people from GiP.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

I like how Jon told Sansa not to undermine him in public in the first episode, then she goes and does the same loving thing this episode. For some reason I feel like she's going to gently caress it all up.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

nwiniwn posted:

I like how Jon told Sansa not to undermine him in public in the first episode, then she goes and does the same loving thing this episode. For some reason I feel like she's going to gently caress it all up.

She 'learned a lot from Cerci' so this means she is just going to usurp all his poo poo and when he gets back hes going the way of Ned.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

nwiniwn posted:

That's kinda the Stark's thing, though. I almost don't roll my eyes at it anymore.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

nwiniwn posted:

Sansa, who had the nerve to say that Ned made mistakes that got him killed while glossing over the fact that SHE TOLD CERSEI!!!

I still say she's going to try and use Bran to make a power play with Little Finger.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Flikken posted:

Sansa, who had the nerve to say that Ned made mistakes that got him killed while glossing over the fact that SHE TOLD CERSEI!!!

I still say she's going to try and use Bran to make a power play with Little Finger.

Wait, what?

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
That tease with Nymeria was complete bullshit but I guess it just means she's gonna show up and save Arya at some point. Why else would they even bother. Also holy gently caress that bit where misandei was like "Oh lol it could mean prince OR princess" was loving painfully stupid

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Sansa went to Cersei when Ned told her that she and Arya they were going back to Winterfell. She didn't want to be separated from Joffrey.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Flikken posted:

Nah.. Little Finger is going to gently caress up and she is just waiting for it. She knows he is a snake motherfucker, and remember, he was the one who flipped on Ned when he tried to have Cersei arrested. All Sansa is waiting for is something that she can justify beheading him to the Vale troops with out losing their alliance. He has screwed the pooch every time he ran one of his plots with her. Dude is incompetent and Sansa has become too ruthless to let it stand. He is a liability and "we can't have that poo poo in the north".

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Also holy gently caress that bit where misandei was like "Oh lol it could mean prince OR princess" was loving painfully stupid

Ya but them titties tho

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

That tease with Nymeria was complete bullshit but I guess it just means she's gonna show up and save Arya at some point. Why else would they even bother. Also holy gently caress that bit where misandei was like "Oh lol it could mean prince OR princess" was loving painfully stupid

In the post-episode commentary on HBO Now, Benioff and whatshisname specifically mention the relevance of that scene, and how Arya saying "That's not you" before smiling is a MASSIVE CALLBACK to the first season, where Ned tells her she'll grow up to be a pretty wife of a knight with children and all that good stuff, and she says "That's not me."
So she realizes that as little as she can be domesticated, she can't expect Nymeria to go back to being a domesticated pet or sidekick, because "that's not her".

I mean...I kinda see where they're coming from, but you can basically hear them say "Oh boy, is the audience going to think we're ever so smart when they get this"

It's the GoT version of
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc01ztrRqyg

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Duzzy Funlop posted:

In the post-episode commentary on HBO Now, Benioff and whatshisname specifically mention the relevance of that scene, and how Arya saying "That's not you" before smiling is a MASSIVE CALLBACK to the first season, where Ned tells her she'll grow up to be a pretty wife of a knight with children and all that good stuff, and she says "That's not me."
So she realizes that as little as she can be domesticated, she can't expect Nymeria to go back to being a domesticated pet or sidekick, because "that's not her".

I mean...I kinda see where they're coming from, but you can basically hear them say "Oh boy, is the audience going to think we're ever so smart when they get this"

It's the GoT version of

Yeah, without that post-episode commentary, I had no idea wtf arya was talking about. I kinda thought she was saying that it wasn't Nymeria for a bit until I realized that there's only so many dire wolves around.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Sansa's always going to be a game behind.

She's gonna master The Game of Thrones just in time to gently caress up the Game of Lets Not All Be Shambling Undead Monstrosities.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Duzzy Funlop posted:

It's the GoT version of

Oh gently caress, I just watched that episode the other day too, ugh. That's so lame :rolleyes:

e] I totally thought we were gonna get a full frontal of Greyworm's ken-doll parts too

Radical 90s Wizard fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Jul 25, 2017

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Honestly I'm still cheering for the Canadians because everyone south of the wall sucks aside from the wildling dude and Jamie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Wildling dude is never gonna get to bone Brianne because Jamie is :smith:

• Locked thread