Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

I thought "Oh thank god" when Bobby passed off the gun couple to the other deputy and said he was gonna get that woman to stop honking her horn. And then, all that happened instead.

It was such a great sequence, the whole diner scene. First your daughter is a wreck and is possibly (read: is definitely) getting abused by her poo poo husband, then your ex wife goes macking on some weirdo, then sudden gunshots, then this woman incessantly honking. It was just 5 minutes of pure anxiety piling on over and over.

I thought Dana Ashbrook was great in that scene. I didn't know that I wanted Bobby to be the heart of TWIN PEAKS but here we are. He knows better than anyone that you can't force people to change, so he has to sit back and hope that people will resolve their poo poo and it's all written across his face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

mary had a little clam posted:

Metal Gear Squalid

nice.

It should be noted that the real hero of this story so far is MIKE.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The way Bobby tightens his posture and clenches his fists when Becky says she's not being abused, because he definitely doesn't believe her, is excellent. Bobby is the best.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy
Bobby is just so, so good. I hope everything turns out alright for him and also that neither Shelley or Becky get killed :saddowns:

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
Bobby has been a standout to me all season. Ashbrook's performance feels perfectly in line with his character's arc - every scene with him feels so believable.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I like how there were just enough kernels of goodness to Bobby in the original series that it makes him being an honest lawman 25 years later actually believable.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Bobby, Gordon, and Albert are all standouts for me that I didn't really expect this season.

edit: was the "want to come see my new car" officer the same guy who said "I heard shots!" to Bobby on the street?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Iodised QQ posted:

Candy is controlling everything behind the scenes and is actually the most well put together character on the entire show

You'll all see

Candy is another branch of the tree that the log came from

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

wa27 posted:

Bobby, Gordon, and Albert are all standouts for me that I didn't really expect this season.

edit: was the "want to come see my new car" officer the same guy who said "I heard shots!" to Bobby on the street?

Yeah it's the same guy.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

I want to add, Bobby had all his old mannerisms. The little things, like how he places his arms on the table and leans it. It made me smile a little.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Bobby still killed a guy for laxatives. But yeah dana is owning it. Also cant believe who is also owning it: jim belushi

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

yeah I gotta say I think I despise Jim Belushi a little less

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

Most people here consider Tammy not much more then a background character serving as filler in the Albert/Gordon/Diane scenes. But what about that rather short weird scene in which she was magically ghost-walking through a corridor before opening the door in which Albert and Gordon (if I recall correctly) where waiting for coffee. What the hell was up with that and why did nobody mention it? I'm not sure in which exact episode this occured..

quadpus
May 15, 2004

aaag sheets
Hawk's hide map was so cool. black fire + corn = garmonbozia, right?

is there a good reconstruction of the map out there?

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

I hope that Hawk gets to call Margaret at the end and tell her that everything's okay

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bobby went from just above James level to cooper level. The new cooper.

Isometric Bacon
Jul 24, 2004

Let's get naked!

Klaaz posted:

Most people here consider Tammy not much more then a background character serving as filler in the Albert/Gordon/Diane scenes. But what about that rather short weird scene in which she was magically ghost-walking through a corridor before opening the door in which Albert and Gordon (if I recall correctly) where waiting for coffee. What the hell was up with that and why did nobody mention it? I'm not sure in which exact episode this occured..

My partner was talking about this scene last night too, referring it to as 'slow motion walking.' I vaguely remember it but didn't notice it.

I think something's definitely up with Tammy, and the lack of characterisation is on purpose. She seems 'out of place' and uncomfortable in her own skin / situations she's in. At least, I hope this is on purpose. This would go a long way in explaining the stilted acting.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Before the premiere, I saw Chrysta Bell on the TP red carpet thing and audibly said "jesus christ" when she spoke. She's not acting. She's as breathy and stilted in real life.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

The way Tammy said she didn't see anything either when the detective said he didn't see the bearded men made me cringe

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

i wish i could have seen my face watching this episode, my god what a rollercoaster

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Isometric Bacon posted:

My partner was talking about this scene last night too, referring it to as 'slow motion walking.' I vaguely remember it but didn't notice it.

She slow motion walked towards Gordon's room in episode 10. I think it was because there was a weird distortion on the door, though. It had nothing to do with her.

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Isometric Bacon posted:

I think something's definitely up with Tammy, and the lack of characterisation is on purpose. She seems 'out of place' and uncomfortable in her own skin / situations she's in. At least, I hope this is on purpose. This would go a long way in explaining the stilted acting.

There's no way that lynch isn't shouting 'MORE FIDGETING' constantly during every take in my mind. either way i think she's great

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Vikar Jerome posted:

Bobby still killed a guy for laxatives. But yeah dana is owning it. Also cant believe who is also owning it: jim belushi

Belushi was legitimately funny this episode and I'm not sure what witchcraft Lynch is pulling in order to make that happen :shrug:

Art Alexakis
Mar 27, 2008
One of the original plans for season 3 or one of the FWWM prequels was Harry traveling to the Black Lodge and/or Planet of Creamed Corn by driving backwards through a field of corn

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

I liked the way that, after his little meetup with Shelly, Red was practically skipping down the street like a giddy little boy.

People themselves aren't ever pure evil in Lynch's world. He seemed genuinely excited about getting to hook up with Shelly later.

Electrophotonic
Mar 14, 2010

They're gonna stop
Saturday night
So you better have fun now
I PREDICT

Just realized our main villain was entirely absent from this great ep.

The tragedy is that we're now being reminded of him through Diane though :ohdear:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That's two episodes with no Evil Coop, except the picture of him near the box/soul pooter

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Escobarbarian posted:

That's two episodes with no Evil Coop, except the picture of him near the box/soul pooter

Didn't the meeting he had with his cronies where he was handed the most important item (cheetos) happen in the previous episode?

edit: Oh, that was 9

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I hope the Mitchums don't get killed in the crossfire when Tim Roth and his wife (sister? friend?) roll into town looking for Dougie :ohdear:

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that
The Takeshi Miike film was great, but all the stuff this season like the detective bros trio and the goofy mobsters is making me sad that there will never be a David Lynch directed Ace Attourney adaptation.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy
Okay, quick, extremely ignorant question: why do people hate Jim Belushi? I've literally never seen him in anything besides Twin Peaks, and he's been okay here.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

psychoJ posted:

Okay, quick, extremely ignorant question: why do people hate Jim Belushi? I've literally never seen him in anything besides Twin Peaks, and he's been okay here.

It was cool to hate 90s 2000s afternoon comedy stars for a while. So Jim Belushi, Kevin James, Ray Romano etc.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Honestly before this he was just a lovely sitcom actor who was only famous because of his more talented dead brother, but Lynch appears to have pulled something great out of him.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

So Allicia Witt who played Donna's youngest sister in the original series is listed in the credits of this episode but I dont remember seeing her anywhere?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
She's the girl in the stairwell with Steven.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Escobarbarian posted:

She's the girl in the stairwell with Steven.

holy shiiiiiiit

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
I wish I had a van summoning flute.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Escobarbarian posted:

Honestly before this he was just a lovely sitcom actor who was only famous because of his more talented dead brother, but Lynch appears to have pulled something great out of him.

Uh excuse me, hes the star of 80s buddy cop masterpiece K-9, duh.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

psychoJ posted:

its not so much his acting
but that hes sposedly a huge fucken douche bag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Escobarbarian posted:

Primarily this. He's been banking on his last name for thirty years despite having 5% of his brother's talent