Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Wasabi the J posted:

Worst part about deployment is even as a POG you still get crazy amounts of isolation, boredom, family problems, and general fuckery. That didn't sound bad but you don't see problems coming until one of your co-workers just decides to blow their loving head off or decides to test the tensile strength of 550 cord with their neck.

You just get to come in tomorrow because there's a job to do, even if nothing loving matters.

But yeah. Gimme summudat grunt poo poo.

That compounded with some units desire to be all garrison in a combat zone (like mine) and routinely getting mortared with no way to retaliate except to furiously beat off in the portajohns and smile whenever the Ugandans light someone up.
Then you hear the AF cats bitch about days off when they walk around in goddamn PT gear and no weapon and have 6 month deployments while you were there for 15 and oh also you can go to the PX without your weapons? The gently caress bullshit is that.
Yeah our place had a pool. It was big. So what. Ever been stationed somewhere where people are swinging their dicks around because they finally get to act that that war movie they have in their head and gently caress anyone that doesn't do what they say if they out rank you? Now pack it like a goddamn tourist resort.

SMDFTB

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

My branch director at USTRANSCOM was a slick sleeve army intel O-5. There was a policy of not deploying people from TRANSCOM to OIF or OEF, but he got a special deployment to the embassy at Kabul so he could make O-6.

He was a legitimately great officer and a drat fine person so I was happy to see the good old boys club work out well for him.

So was he a Russian stooge too?

Edit: Sorry, Turkish stooge

Howard Phillips
May 4, 2008

His smile; it shines in the darkest of depths. There is hope yet.
Navy Officer veteran here.

Kinda toying around with the idea of going into the National Guard.

Anyone familiar with the process? What do National Guard intel officers do?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Wish they were in the navy probably

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
What does anyone in the National Guard do? Only thing worae than the Navy is pretending like you're in the Army imho

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

What episode of game of thrones is this from?

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

What episode of game of thrones is this from?

It's the harrison ford cameo one

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

He keeps his dad from turning into a liquid Nazi ghost after reading some really old tablets. Someone also got sawed in half for refusing to take a knee.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Howard Phillips posted:

Navy Officer veteran here.

Kinda toying around with the idea of going into the National Guard.

Anyone familiar with the process? What do National Guard intel officers do?

hi been down that road don't do it

rifles
Oct 8, 2007
is this thing working
Had my first good NG drill weekend. I volunteered for two SUTA days earlier this month to be in a parade and go to a baseball game. So that was my drill instead of doing a gear showdown yesterday that I would have been loading into my car in the middle of a huge loving thunderstorm, and a mandatory family party today. I'm sure it'll be made up for next month.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

rifles posted:

Had my first good NG drill weekend. I volunteered for two SUTA days earlier this month to be in a parade and go to a baseball game. So that was my drill instead of doing a gear showdown yesterday that I would have been loading into my car in the middle of a huge loving thunderstorm, and a mandatory family party today. I'm sure it'll be made up for next month.

So the best way to do drill is to not do drill.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Aranan posted:

the best way to do drill is to not do drill

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Aranan posted:

So the best way to do Army is to not do Army.

rifles
Oct 8, 2007
is this thing working

Aranan posted:

So the best way to do drill is to not do drill.

bird food bathtub posted:

So the best way to do Army is to not do Army.

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

My infantry company is transitioning into a armor company. Tanker goes awol and his TL reports him as being in quarters cause he lied about having a wisdom teeth removal. Tells company 1900 formation for 100% accountability. So I released my (infantry) dudes at 1300, told the new tanker PSG (we only gave one tank plt and mine isn't it) "See you at 1900." Now first SGT is mad at me too. Well what's he going to do? Make me go back to work?

Kaliber fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jul 25, 2017

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Kaliber posted:

My infantry company is transitioning into a armor company. Tanker goes awol and his TL reports him as being in quarters cause he lied about having a wisdom teeth removal. Tells company 1900 formation for 10% accountability. So I released my (infantry) dudes at 1300, told the new tanker PSG (we only gave one tank plt and mine isn't it) see you at 1900. Now first SGT is mad at me too. Well what's he going to do? Make me go back to work?

Whatever will make your life worse. That's what the 1SG will do.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Just remind the 1sg that you out rank him and why isn't he standing at attention

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

milk milk lemonade posted:

What does anyone in the National Guard do? Only thing worae than the Navy is pretending like you're in the Army imho

Been around both

Guard sucks way less.

Also retention started bugging me at 18 months so I asked if they had weed waivers. They do not, and also I'm now randomly selected for urinalysis, so that gets me out of like half a day.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Goddamn that's genius.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Just remind the 1sg that you out rank him and why isn't he standing at attention

I saw a LT do this once. No poo poo, locked the 1SG up.
The LT was my PL, and before he went to OCS, he had spent 15 years in SF, most of it in South America. He was doing his time in the line to get CPT and go back to the Teams.

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

spacetoaster posted:

Whatever will make your life worse. That's what the 1SG will do.

I should be going to the Infantry Company next month and get the gently caress away. But he's trying to keep me to run his HQ plt.

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

But he does outrank me....

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Make Lt Fick your spirit animal https://youtu.be/rTrdvzD22ss

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

Kaliber posted:

I should be going to the Infantry Company next month and get the gently caress away. But he's trying to keep me to run his HQ plt.

But he does outrank me....

Hahaha why are you still in

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
How many times are you gonna find a man who exploded from both ends unconscious in a bathtub or deal with things like accountability formations before you decide enough is enough

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Please don't accountabilibuddy shame.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Mike-o posted:

accountabilibuddy

Every time I read over this word, it comes out in Ned Flanders' voice.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I hear it in Butters' voice, so it's less grating and more "aww, God bless your heart"

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger
Kaliber were you the one stationed in Kitzingen or was that Vas?

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
There's a bus that runs nonstop between Caserma Del Din and Caserma Ederle. Instead of getting on the early morning bus to Ederle to take part in a football match, a bunch of soldiers accidentally got onto the chute shakeout bus waiting on the same bus stop.

It drove them to Aviano Air Base. To shake chutes. They sent a lot of angry and frustrated text messages.

Non-paratroopers: chute shakeout is a lovely and arduous physical activity where you take chutes from a truck, carry them into hoists, untangle them, and put em into a bag for the riggers. It blows, and they had like 600 chutes.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Lmao get hosed

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Hahahahahaha

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

gently caress the army and everyone in it

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Vahakyla posted:

There's a bus that runs nonstop between Caserma Del Din and Caserma Ederle. Instead of getting on the early morning bus to Ederle to take part in a football match, a bunch of soldiers accidentally got onto the chute shakeout bus waiting on the same bus stop.

It drove them to Aviano Air Base. To shake chutes. They sent a lot of angry and frustrated text messages.

Non-paratroopers: chute shakeout is a lovely and arduous physical activity where you take chutes from a truck, carry them into hoists, untangle them, and put em into a bag for the riggers. It blows, and they had like 600 chutes.

It's funny because it wasn't me.

But seriously, none of them thought to ask if that was the right bus?

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Never had to do chute shakeout, except for the one time in airborne school. gently caress that poo poo. Also, lol, sucks for those dopes.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

lmao owned

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Almost happened to me couple weeks ago. Just before I put headset on for music, I heard the driver talk about Aviano and I bolted. It looks the same, stops at the same stop, and if timed right, you'll just drone into it without thinking. It's a bus full of soldiers, just like the other one.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

gently caress the army and everyone in it

Soulex posted:

Hahahahahaha

A Bad Poster posted:

Never had to do chute shakeout. gently caress that poo poo. Also, lol, sucks for those dopes.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
So wait, if you get on the wrong bus you just randomly get tasked to do some bullshit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Ahahahaha that is one of the Army-est things I've ever read.