Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

OldAlias posted:

corporations managing to get people to blame themselves about water and resource consumption is a funny capitalist trick and bonkers. all of the water consumers collectively waste is not a drop in the bucket compared to the waste in agribusiness, like growing loving almonds or alfalfa in the desert. having even slightly more controls over this would drastically help more than saving shower water to use later or whatever dumb poo poo ideas people shame each other over

Australian farmers bitch and complain about not having enough water, while growing rice and cotton in a loving desert, the two most water-intensive crops around. Motherfuckers, grow some wheat or barley or something.

I mean, uhh...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

These are so broad like everyone would get a bingo.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

W-well I don't smoke weed.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

RagnarokAngel posted:

That's what I keep telling myself.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

I've got exactly four in each column and row. Sucks to be you, losers.

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
I thought I was fine, then I checked diagonally

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Bingo bottom and right row

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

soylon posted:

the anti vegan

How did I never see all this free protein just hanging out there? Like, you just walk up and grab one of those webby dudes and it's like, 40 calories. That adds up.

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

This was good. Good job.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

OldAlias posted:

just don't shower for 3 months and you can enjoy that burger guilt free, problem solved

Good news goons, most of you are already helping the environment!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

police, I'd like to report a mass murder

soylon
Jan 29, 2015

Bluemillion posted:

How did I never see all this free protein just hanging out there? Like, you just walk up and grab one of those webby dudes and it's like, 40 calories. That adds up.

spiders aren't actually very nutritious, but they are high in taurine so they're good for your eyesight.

anyway here's this

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RagnarokAngel posted:

to be fair, a sample size composed entirely of goons is really throwing off the mean.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Thinking you're smarter than everyone else because you matured slightly faster than your peers at one point in your early childhood while simultaneously being stupid enough to fall for some basic Barnum Effect boilerplate is actually a really good summation of the average gifted program failson.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

to be fair, a sample size composed entirely of goons is really throwing off the mean.

(and when we're dealing with goon sizes, we're always talking about supersized)

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Guy Mann posted:

Thinking you're smarter than everyone else because you matured slightly faster than your peers at one point in your early childhood while simultaneously being stupid enough to fall for some basic Barnum Effect boilerplate is actually a really good summation of the average gifted program failson.

i had to look up the barnum effect and as a result i had to undo two squares.

so thanks. i guess.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

violentlycitrus
Aug 3, 2004

You have been visited by the scientology ghost, say "stay safe scientology ghost" or your thetans will be permanently enturbulated

stay safe scientology ghost

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Guy Mann posted:

I really like the meme where anytime anyone who was as a child called 'gifted' or 'above average' or anything says "lmao yeah then I hosed it up all up and am a useless piece of poo poo", someone is right there to say "lmao if you're so special how come you hosed it all up and are a useless piece of poo poo? :smug: checkmate G&T kids"

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Mister Adequate posted:

I really like the meme where anytime anyone who was as a child called 'gifted' or 'above average' or anything says "lmao yeah then I hosed it up all up and am a useless piece of poo poo", someone is right there to say "lmao if you're so special how come you hosed it all up and are a useless piece of poo poo? :smug: checkmate G&T kids"

You don't see many people who were tall as kids but grew into average-sized adults or who had perfect vision but needed glasses later in life harboring a grudge about how the world wronged them but for some reason gifted kids love crucifying themselves on the idea that they had some incredible potential that was squandered and they are owed for it.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Guy Mann posted:

You don't see many people who were tall as kids but grew into average-sized adults or who had perfect vision but needed glasses later in life harboring a grudge about how the world wronged them but for some reason gifted kids love crucifying themselves on the idea that they had some incredible potential that was squandered and they are owed for it.

we got too many participation trophies

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

"fast food companies shouldn't be allowed to put filler in their meat"
"ok mcdonalds and taco bell are now 100% beef"
"all this extra beef is killing the environment"

I'm pretty sure vegans aren't super concerned about fillers in meat.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...8jtvfnGP_UlkifA

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Guy Mann posted:

lmao what kind of hosed up world view is this, what on earth are you talking about

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Was this supposed to be umm... something?

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)
A lot of gifted kids I knew never drank bone hurting juice until college and burned out pretty hard. I started in highschool. Ow oof ouch my bones hurt

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

right in the benis

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Guy Mann posted:

I'll have you know I was the tallest kid in my glass until 5th grade, after which I stopped growing and quickly became the shortest, and now need average and tall people to help me reach things. I harbor a grudge against my parents and god for this.

ALso the gifted kid thing is probably because of adults telling slightly above average 4-10 year-olds that they're really special and giving them tons of attention and big dreams, then they get to young/adulthood and realize that being extra good at math, spelling, or reading doesn't actually help you much in the real world. They get passed up constantly by dumber people that just have more motivation or are better at sucking dick or mindlessly putting their nose to the grindstone and not asking questions. Meanwhile, all those science fair trophies and school achievement awards and people telling them they're going to change the world when they're little keep nagging at the back of their minds until they start drowning their self loathing in drugs and alcohol. That and those TaG programs are usually total garbage that only isolate the kids and dont do poo poo to help them.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Im being owned

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Memento posted:

Was this supposed to be umm... something?

drat phone posting. And wrong thread nice.

https://youtu.be/qnY6afTNITM

There it is.

Bar Ran Dun has a new favorite as of 04:54 on Jul 25, 2017

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/Phonycian/statu...r%3D336%23pti22

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Well, we know they both beat Particle Brain.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

MichiganCubbie posted:

Well, we know they both beat Particle Brain.

it's not important

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

whats blue

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Hurt box?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The world, a little guy, his clothes, his house and its window, his Corvette, everyone around him, the streets, the trees, his girlfriend.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Bits where it can be hit yeah

Why the DS one doesn't have any

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
La de dee la de di

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Jerry Cotton posted:

The world, a little guy, his clothes, his house and its window, his Corvette, everyone around him, the streets, the trees, his girlfriend.

You finally made me laugh, Jerry. Good job!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Sakurazuka posted:

Bits where it can be hit yeah

Why the DS one doesn't have any

that is the joke dot jaypeg