Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

forge posted:

Not sure my sanity can take it at this point. Maybe once we get the auto auth up with the api from AO running. Growing to fast will simply cause problems. We have pubbies asking to join daily now because we are in the top 10 list or whatever, fml.

Easy silver scams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Keegers posted:

Easy silver scams.

I thought guild join scamming was the one scam not allowed.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

pixaal posted:

I thought guild join scamming was the one scam not allowed.

I assumed all scams were allowed since you can place items like chests near banks and have people put items in them and there are tons of other ways to scam.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Keegers posted:

I assumed all scams were allowed since you can place items like chests near banks and have people put items in them and there are tons of other ways to scam.

No as in if you recruitment scam someone for awful company you will get kicked from the guild.

ChickenWyngz
Apr 3, 2015

Got them WMD's! Got that Pandemic!
Discord/Mumble/IGN: ChickenWyngz

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Looking to get authed in mumble as Lemon_King.

e: Auth'd now!

Lemon King fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Jul 25, 2017

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
I'm probably going to regret joining Yet Another Stupid MMO.

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

In game: Walruscat
Discord: Walruscat#5835

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK
Can we make a guild propaganda video. We can all ride on our Donkey mounts.

Well call it an Awful Company Donkey Show

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

A tip I have found to be useful in getting to T4 (and maybe beyond if you don't want to go into pvp zones):

A lot of people may not realize you can transmute lower tier mats into higher tier. For example, three T2 birch logs can be transmuted into one T3 chestnut log. The safe zones are super crowded and it can be hard to find sufficient quantities of T3 much less T4.

What I do is find a good spot that has at least 3-5 T2 resources and 2-3 T3 resources within about 2 screens of each other (bonus if there are any T4 in the same area). The respawn timers on the T2 are fast enough that you can constantly farm T2 and pick up some T3 when they spawn as well. You can just stay in that one area and be constantly gathering resources. By the time you are at 100% burden while on your ox/cart you will have at least 3-4k T2 and 1k+ T3.

I find that farming this way and transmuting up a tier as needed is much more efficient than running around the map trying to find enough T3 and T4 in a zone with 200+ people.

Hope that makes sense.

Edit: Cloth spawns near water. The best place to farm it is along a river.

D-Pad fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Jul 25, 2017

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
we did it

https://www.reddit.com/r/albiononline/comments/6pa06v/but_why/

Good work out there on the front lines guys, and good work kicking gatherers in the nards

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Turd Herder posted:

Can we make a guild propaganda video. We can all ride on our Donkey mounts.

Well call it an Awful Company Donkey Show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-jBRUg90Ug

:)

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LQVPUfb8VM kill mans forever

OpticalRape
Nov 26, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao7S0uH8BGw

Brass
Oct 30, 2011

Ingame: Urboi
Discord: Harthal

get me into that overflow guild and point me to the bank

edit: me auth'd

Brass fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Jul 26, 2017

saber45
Nov 10, 2004

ingame: Darrath
Discord: saber45

Auth me please!

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

FireWhizzle posted:

we did it

https://www.reddit.com/r/albiononline/comments/6pa06v/but_why/

Good work out there on the front lines guys, and good work kicking gatherers in the nards

I ran through this this morning, didn't realise that was us.

Mrens
Feb 21, 2004

I really hated the controls in the game, one small misclick would send your character running in some random direction it made combat annoying so I figured I would adopt the humble life of gathering, then I discovered RTS mode and feel silly. I was going with a melee build, due to the afore mentioned mouse woes but realise that's probably the best for ganking...

Hunter or Mage?

Ota_Himuro
Jan 13, 2008

A wild SANDBREAD appears!
Android version still running like poo poo and constantly crashing to desktop on Shield K1 with stock 7.0

Some French Guy
Aug 30, 2003
In-game: oguh
Discord:oguh
Mumble: oguh

Some French Guy fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Jul 25, 2017

Agreeable Badger
Aug 8, 2008
IGN - GoblinQueen
Discord - Goblin#6668

vermeul
Sep 14, 2014

Free Acid
Game is dead...

Only millions of people running around

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
Is there some secret way to reduce the time it takes to level gathering from T4 - T5 or something? The fame you get for gathering this stuff is so low its going to take forever just to get to 30%

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

DarkAvenger211 posted:

Is there some secret way to reduce the time it takes to level gathering from T4 - T5 or something? The fame you get for gathering this stuff is so low its going to take forever just to get to 30%

Not that I know of. Once you hit T4 the real grind starts.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

No, gathering is a massive grind that basically exists to eat your LP. The only real ways to accelerate it is wear gathering gear, which doesn't do that much at T4, and have premium fame bonus + LP

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
One my last run in a T4 blue zone before I was ready to graduate into more hostile territory I came across the corpse of a player next to a champion mob. The poor schmuck must have accidentally chosen to die, or not realized what it meant. I got to the corpse just barely before an approaching naked character, so naturally a loot-off ensued. I got most of his gear and some resources, he got his mount, boots, and other resources. He had been equipped with a full set of Skinner's garb.

Then we both just kind of stood there. After a few moments I requested a trade, and he accepted. In the trade box I placed his Skinner's bag, chest, head gear, and T4 tools, and offered it to him. It was not a ransom, I asked for nothing in return. He accepted, and without further adieu I mounted up and departed. Throughout the entire encounter not one word was spoken by either of us.

I thought to myself "I did a good deed today" as I made my way back to town with his fat stack of blue rarity T4 leather.

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012

DarkAvenger211 posted:

This videogame is actually a siren's lure for brokenbrained people to become a burning effigy for the mad god of poopsocking.

The grind is horrible. I cant imagine they'll keep it like this though

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
Discord auth is up to date, message STEAMENGINE or MONSANTO in-game or @Dodgin on discord for invite in-game.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

What's the best way to get involved with some form of PvP? I have the gear for it and I'm growing insane just gathering.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

lalaland posted:

This videogame is actually a siren's lure for brokenbrained people to become a burning effigy for the mad god of poopsocking.

The grind is horrible. I cant imagine they'll keep it like this though

At least the combat grind is pretend fun because you get to kill things, and each segment is split into 10 sub-division so it feels like you are making more progress than you are. Gathering is a horrible grind that is pretty boring, not very rewarding, and you get to fall way behind on everything else.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
Hmm, well in that case I might just head into the outlands area with only T4 gathering capability. I was just kind of worried I would get there and basically be unable to gather anything. I need some way to make some money to replace the stuff I lose when I inevitably get killed (Or to at least provide something to the guild in some way so I can re-arm from them).

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

DarkAvenger211 posted:

Hmm, well in that case I might just head into the outlands area with only T4 gathering capability. I was just kind of worried I would get there and basically be unable to gather anything. I need some way to make some money to replace the stuff I lose when I inevitably get killed (Or to at least provide something to the guild in some way so I can re-arm from them).

The area we're in has T4-6 I think, and when I rode around it seemed like there was a lot of t4 fiber to harvest. You should be fine even if you can't gather t6 and t5 is really slow. I can't speak for other resources because I don't know what is t4 for them

Zorato
Nov 2, 2007

^ me reading your post
I am in as Zorato. Happy to kill nerds with the rest of you! :black101:

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

There's still a pretty big power creep in this game. Feel like they would of fixed it a bit by launch.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

DarkAvenger211 posted:

My suggestion is to keep a set of gear in Caerleon and you can just get naked in Baltiomore and /suicide to go back to Caerleon, do some instances, shopping, get naked again and do a nude run back to Baltimore and you can /suicide to go to nearest territory as well.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Another tip:

If you are naked in a PVP zone you will usually get passed over because they assume you have no loot. I avoided a few ganking squads by stripping naked and running past them despite actually being loaded down with juicy loot.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

D-Pad posted:

Another tip:

If you are naked in a PVP zone you will usually get passed over because they assume you have no loot. I avoided a few ganking squads by stripping naked and running past them despite actually being loaded down with juicy loot.

I dunno man - naked scouting got me killed plenty of times.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Running naked, evading patrols, with valuables crammed up your rear is nearly as exciting in Albion as it is in real life!

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

So what happened to our alliance?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

fadam posted:

So what happened to our alliance?

We own it now. It's literally "our" alliance now.