Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Moniker posted:

Didn't Tim do a ton of programming? He had Riley Martin, Jay Thomas, Greg Fitzsimmons, Scott Ferrall, Jackie, Jon Hein had a few shows, Back Office Radio, Super Fan Round Table, Geektime, The Intern Show, etc. I'm sure I'm forgetting it, but ultimately it's Sternthology and Greg Fitzsimmons on H101 now.

From the link that musclecoder posted, you'll see two schedules listed; one where the regular programming is there, filled with Tim-created shows, and the other which is pretty much Sternthology and Jay Thomas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Does he have dirt on someone? How has his show been on for so long? He was there before Stern even.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Bonzo posted:

Does he have dirt on someone? How has his show been on for so long? He was there before Stern even.

You know, I was trying to figure out where I knew him from in my tv watching past, and I had to resort to IMDB. I knew it wasn't Cheers, because despite that being a fantastic show, I haven't watched a lot of it.

Murphy Brown's love interest. Yes. That was him. And that's it.

Also, apparently, he really burned Rhea Perlman

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

You know, I was trying to figure out where I knew him from in my tv watching past, and I had to resort to IMDB. I knew it wasn't Cheers, because despite that being a fantastic show, I haven't watched a lot of it.

Murphy Brown's love interest. Yes. That was him. And that's it.

Also, apparently, he really burned Rhea Perlman

For me, it's him playing the deli owner Remo in Mork and Mindy

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

... I. I really like how they refer to him as "Wiggy".

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I thought Jay Thomas had some producer/ownership credit on Taxi but I could be wrong.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Jay Thomas had a pretty funny appearance on Stern in early 2006 (listened to it recently). At the end he made a joke about how Hurricane Katrina was great for crime rates and property values... I could hear Jackie's laugh in my head.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Wait... So Howard got rid of all of that programming just because Tim was in charge when it was developed?

That's Petty and spiteful, even for him. Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face, among goons we liked the other stuff as much as the main show.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

kylej posted:

Jay Thomas had a pretty funny appearance on Stern in early 2006 (listened to it recently). At the end he made a joke about how Hurricane Katrina was great for crime rates and property values... I could hear Jackie's laugh in my head.

Jay also has a New Orleans real estate license so I'm guessing he does the show for fun and pocket change.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah he owns a big real estate portfolio IIRC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z109WYPu-70

Heard this call for the first time in a decade today... I was in tears

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Just heard the Jackie Puppet say "kiss me you speckled Moolie" during a Michael Jackson bit, absolutely cracked me up.

The Jackie Puppet was such a brilliant thing, it let Stern act out these crazy, usually offensive things but let him play the good guy and reign Billy back in and scold him for saying such crazy things as everyone else laughed along.

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

Squashy Nipples posted:

Wait... So Howard got rid of all of that programming just because Tim was in charge when it was developed?

That's Petty and spiteful, even for him. Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face, among goons we liked the other stuff as much as the main show.

No doubt. I loved Black on Black and Back Office Radio. Now that I got rid of SIRIUS I just listen to all the shows from 2006-2008 because it wasn't worth like $250 a year to hear the current show.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Back Office Radio was honestly a super good god drat show.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

I remember when Geek Time was getting better guests like James Cameron than the actual Stern show. Pretty disgraceful the amount of effort Howard were Gary are/were putting into their jobs and that was back in 2009 when Avatar came out.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I love that Sal's dad thinks he invented pizza toppings. It's a great call, and you get a lot of Sal stories before it.

Sal's Dad Invented Pizza Toppings

I played this for a friend of mine, and his response was "Wow, Sal makes more sense now."

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
The more you hear about Sal's dad the more of Sal you can easily explain. Education was clearly never pushed in that household and racism is super easy to pass on to a child. He's not totally innocent but his dad clearly did a number on him.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jul 25, 2017

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
Wendy Williams was on the show today and called Howard a star fucker and said her staff refers to Beth as Beth-Yoko (or something along those lines). He was clearly bothered by it. I guess you can say she hit him with the Hein.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Moniker posted:

Wendy Williams was on the show today and called Howard a star fucker and said her staff refers to Beth as Beth-Yoko (or something along those lines). He was clearly bothered by it. I guess you can say she hit him with the Hein.

About time someone did this.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Yoko Ostrosky

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Moniker posted:

Jesus, way to lay it all on the table :stare:

Though I think I'd take the Yoko off of Beth and put it on Marci, wouldn't that make more sense? He had comedians, dumb, goofy bits, and tons of prank calls and wack-pack appearances all the time when he was with Beth (married or not) before Marci.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Wendy Williams? Who? Yeah, she's around...

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Moniker posted:

I just listened to this on YouTube, and it was a big let down. They were just playfully jabbing each other.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Grant DaNasty posted:

I just listened to this on YouTube, and it was a big let down. They were just playfully jabbing each other.

They were definitely playful the entire interview but I disagree. Howard was clearly bothered by the star fucker comment. He was stuttering and kept defending himself.

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.

Grant DaNasty posted:

Thanks for sharing the link!

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Transmodiar posted:

The YouTube video has been taken down.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

gently caress the YouTube!

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I like that wendy struggled to remember Artie's name and just referred to him as the big guy with the heroin

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

The Bobo call today was amazing.

"My son has that cherrio dedicated to Sylvester Stallone".

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Transmodiar posted:

https://dropfile.to/XaRTNd9

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

Moniker posted:

Didn't Tim do a ton of programming? He had Riley Martin, Jay Thomas, Greg Fitzsimmons, Scott Ferrall, Jackie, Jon Hein had a few shows, Back Office Radio, Super Fan Round Table, Geektime, The Intern Show, etc. I'm sure I'm forgetting it, but ultimately it's Sternthology and Greg Fitzsimmons on H101 now.

Tim was pretty much the only reason Bubba and Farrell stayed around as long as they did.
He was the only reason the last deal even got done....Bubba also tried to poach him to come run his RadioIO stations.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Finally got around to the Wendy Williams thing. Definitely not worth going our of your way to listen to, but she definitely does go after him more than just some nudging. Howard is clearly bothered by the comments and while he does do a good job at first of stating his case, his way of directing the interview away from himself eventually gets a little manipulative. ...but Wendy Williams is annoying as hell so whole situation is kind of a waste.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Lifespan posted:

Finally got around to the Wendy Williams thing. Definitely not worth going our of your way to listen to, but she definitely does go after him more than just some nudging. Howard is clearly bothered by the comments and while he does do a good job at first of stating his case, his way of directing the interview away from himself eventually gets a little manipulative. ...but Wendy Williams is annoying as hell so whole situation is kind of a waste.

The fact that she is selling Wenmojis tells you all you need to know.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

MrMidnight posted:

The fact that she is selling Wenmojis tells you all you need to know.

Hey, Beetlejuice sells Beetmojis! Oh wait.

(I have them and love them)

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
beetlejuice should shill every possible bullshit product that is available to him and be paid handsomely for it

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
The buddhajuice statue from etsy is cool and is on my desk and keeps me centered through out the day. who me?

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I want to see them take Bigfoot to a comic convention and trick people into thinking he's Alan Moore.

He just needs a dozen rings and a couple of those metal finger claw things.

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Waiting for a train, I needed a shit. You won't bee-lieve what happened next

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6F45hiuqkbMenU1Q0Iwd2ZWUDg

Now has 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000 and 2004.
e: 2000 as well

1998 is a bit crap, there are only like 80 shows, dont know where they went, probably just deleted them in some hard disk emergency on my PC :( If anyone has the missing shows PM me.

1999 is a great year, jackie is still there after another walk off and KC starts! I love KC. He fails 2 lie detector tests to see if he is gay.

Will stick next 2 years up when get around to it now I have gigatrons of space.

Enjoy!

Seaside Loafer fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Jul 29, 2017

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Seaside Loafer posted:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6F45hiuqkbMenU1Q0Iwd2ZWUDg

Now has 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999 and 2004.

1998 is a bit crap, there are only like 80 shows, dont know where they went, probably just deleted them in some hard disk emergency on my PC :( If anyone has the missing shows PM me.

1999 is a great year, jackie is still there after another walk off and KC starts! I love KC. He fails 2 lie detector tests to see if he is gay.

Will stick next 2 years up when get around to it now I have gigatrons of space.

Enjoy!

Wow, THANKS!
I remember KC's lie detector tests. He gets so upset! :haw:

If I could make a request, some 93 would be great.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
95 and 96 are great years, boff. You've got the OJ trial, Billy West, Gilbert, and the Jackie puppet. They're my desert island tapes that you really should listen to on a jukebox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Waiting for a train, I needed a shit. You won't bee-lieve what happened next

Squashy Nipples posted:

Wow, THANKS!
I remember KC's lie detector tests. He gets so upset! :haw:

If I could make a request, some 93 would be great.
Sorry my stuff only goes back to 95 but if anyone has 93 and 94 I'd be very interested to listen to them myself!