Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

OxySnake posted:

Hey there goons, my main league switched to a keeper/auction format last year and I need some help.

Select 3 to keep, for 5$ more then the price listed. Our total budget is 200$.

Im thinking Lewis, Crabtree, and?

Standard Positions, .5 PPR, 4 pt TDs.

Carr?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Carr and Crabtree for sure, then possibly Lewis or Stills.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
Dion Lewis is not worth $7. Carr and Crabtree are the best bargains but I don't like any of the third keeper options. I feel like I could better spend the budget better in a draft.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Tiptoes posted:

Dion Lewis is not worth $7. Carr and Crabtree are the best bargains but I don't like any of the third keeper options. I feel like I could better spend the budget better in a draft.

Yeah, definitely no on Lewis, Crabtree and Carr look good.

For the third, I dunno, probably Tate or DT? Given that other people will presumably be keeping players for less than true value, they'll have more bucks to spend, so someone like Tate or DT could definitely go for more than it'd cost to keep.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
If you *have* to keep 3 then the third should be DT but there's not a great #3 after Carr and Crabtree at those prices

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I agree with everyone else. Sterling Shepard might be a decent 3rd option if he has a good 2nd year, otherwise Stills might get my vote.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Sataere posted:

Yeah, I know. I can't resist low hanging fruit. I was hoping goon hatred of TE would let him swing back to me.

Is fish bowl best ball? Or are you saying only in those formats.

The latter. In best ball, the whole *positional scarcity* bugaboo actually holds water, because you're not going to get the opportunity to pick up one of those 4 WW TEs that make drafting one high a waste. Also, it seems more like you're really trying to get the most possible points out of every position individually, rather than building a team that can outscore everyone else on the whole (which makes the whole "less than 3 PPG separate TE5 from TE15" thing moot)

In the Fish Bowl, the TE premium scoring and first downs added just makes the chasm between Gronk/Kelce/Reed/Olsen/maaaybe a healthy Eifert (lol) and the rest of the field so much loving more pronounced that you're killing yourself by waiting.

That said, in best ball, I'm taking like 3 TE. Grabbing one of those 5, someone in the middle-late rounds who I think has a non zero chance of being a top 3 TE (Bennett?) And using my last pick on one of those potential WW gems (Brate/Allen/Polish Hat/etc) because if and when one of those guys I drafted early doesn't live up to his ADP (or in the case of Gronk/Reed/Eifert, gets hurt) I really need stability at the position. I can't invest in the position early at the expense of others and not hedge.

In normal formats, TEs can still go screw

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Jul 25, 2017

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

There was an interesting discussion about Kelce on the 4For4 podcast. Paulsen actually advocates for Kelce in the third since his floor is so high and in the case of Paulsen his next highest ranked WR is Crabtree.

Doesn't Paulsen have him ahead of Gronk? That was a few months ago but I thought I heard him say that.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

RisqueBarber posted:

Doesn't Paulsen have him ahead of Gronk? That was a few months ago but I thought I heard him say that.

Not an unreasonable assessment.

Teemu Pokemon posted:

The latter. In best ball, the whole *positional scarcity* bugaboo actually holds water, because you're not going to get the opportunity to pick up one of those 4 WW TEs that make drafting one high a waste. Also, it seems more like you're really trying to get the most possible points out of every position individually, rather than building a team that can outscore everyone else on the whole (which makes the whole "less than 3 PPG separate TE5 from TE15" thing moot)

In the Fish Bowl, the TE premium scoring and first downs added just makes the chasm between Gronk/Kelce/Reed/Olsen/maaaybe a healthy Eifert (lol) and the rest of the field so much loving more pronounced that you're killing yourself by waiting.

That said, in best ball, I'm taking like 3 TE. Grabbing one of those 5, someone in the middle-late rounds who I think has a non zero chance of being a top 3 TE (Bennett?) And using my last pick on one of those potential WW gems (Brate/Allen/Polish Hat/etc) because if and when one of those guys I drafted early doesn't live up to his ADP (or in the case of Gronk/Reed/Eifert, gets hurt) I really need stability at the position. I can't invest in the position early at the expense of others and not hedge.

In normal formats, TEs can still go screw

You done messed up, son. Now that I know your strategy, I am going with an all TE lineup for football dominance. Kelce is the only TE you will ever have!

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Looking for a new owner to replace an absent team in the fish bowl. All the other 47 teams have shown up, and we are having a blast slow drafting and chatting. So far the missing owner has autopicked OBJ and Mike Thomas, so not a bad start. Pm me an email if interested, or send it to goonfishbowl@gmail.com

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Yea, someone come replace I hosed Jesus.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Spermy Smurf posted:

I agree with everyone else. Sterling Shepard might be a decent 3rd option if he has a good 2nd year, otherwise Stills might get my vote.

I was going to suggest Shepard, but you wouldn't be getting much value out of that keeper price, most likely.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

OxySnake posted:

Hey there goons, my main league switched to a keeper/auction format last year and I need some help.

Select 3 to keep, for 5$ more then the price listed. Our total budget is 200$.

Im thinking Lewis, Crabtree, and?

Standard Positions, .5 PPR, 4 pt TDs.

Carr and Crabtree are the only worthwhile keepers. Just keep two. If you have to keep three, tell your commish he's an idiot.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Also is a flat increase standard for folks? The only keeper league I play in is baseball, but we use a 25% increase over last year (rounded up.) A flat dollar increase seems like it doesn't let you really exploit value picks, while also not really punishing over-priced guys.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Inspector_666 posted:

Also is a flat increase standard for folks? The only keeper league I play in is baseball, but we use a 25% increase over last year (rounded up.) A flat dollar increase seems like it doesn't let you really exploit value picks, while also not really punishing over-priced guys.

I see it a lot. I prefer percentages for the reasons you've stated.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

I have no idea tbh. This league is with a bunch of people from college and it has been unreasonably slow to adapt to things. We have been playing for 7 years now and just got decimal scoring.

The original plan was to go something like 3-5-7 dollar increases for players years 1-3. Then it got pushed to 5-10-15

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

OxySnake posted:

We have been playing for 7 years now and just got decimal scoring.

You're a trooper, i'd have quit after a year. lolnodecimalscoring

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

OxySnake posted:

I have no idea tbh. This league is with a bunch of people from college and it has been unreasonably slow to adapt to things. We have been playing for 7 years now and just got decimal scoring.

The original plan was to go something like 3-5-7 dollar increases for players years 1-3. Then it got pushed to 5-10-15

Money leagues with real life friends are the worst. On the one hand, everything is like pulling teeth and there are always dumb rules. On the other hand, they are all always so bad and I like them giving me money. :v:

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
Decimal scoring is for casuals, I only play fractional scoring :smug:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

running backs should earn x points per run, where log2(yards)=x.

ifuckedjesus
Sep 5, 2002
filez filez filez filez filez filez filez filez filez

VietCampo posted:

Yea, someone come replace I hosed Jesus.

You got the wrong guy friend. I'm actively playing. My team is Browns 4-28 in the North division.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

Drunk Nerds posted:

Looking for a new owner to replace an absent team in the fish bowl. All the other 47 teams have shown up, and we are having a blast slow drafting and chatting. So far the missing owner has autopicked OBJ and Mike Thomas, so not a bad start. Pm me an email if interested, or send it to goonfishbowl@gmail.com

What the hell, sent an email.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
I'm behind schedule on fantasy football this year, but I've finally renewed the Goon Money League for 2017! We've got at least 1 empty spot to start, and I'm sure there will be a couple more.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3828115&pagenumber=1#lastpost

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
What's a good site to get estimated auction values for players?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Anyone up for the charity league?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You know I am

von Metternich
May 7, 2007
Why the hell not?
Kenneth Dixon dead.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Buddy u know it

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

von Metternich posted:

Kenneth Dixon dead.
A previously crowded backfield becomes a lot more attractive now. Prefer Woodhead still but this ought to give West a big role even if they bring in a veteran. Both players look like real bargains now, even if their ADPs rise a bit.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Woodhead gonna suck up so many Pitta targets and get like 150 carries oh my god

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
2015 Woodhead would be amazing and i'm targeting him everywhere, so he'll end up getting hurt in week 3.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES
I have a feeling that Woodhead isn't going to last 5 weeks and Buck Allen will make a comeback.

Or...
Bobby Rainey?

Or...
Terrance West new RB1?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Yeah, Terrance West wasn't that bad last year, and for all the talk if Dixon coming on strong to end the year, West was still plenty involved. Hopefully he's competent enough to keep all the early down work, maybe return RB2 numbers. I've seen a few say they'd take Woodhead over him in standard even after the Dixon news, but I wouldn't. Woodhead will own in PPR though.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

pubic works project posted:

What's a good site to get estimated auction values for players?

I hear about this guy makes some sheets

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Drunk Nerds posted:

I hear about this guy makes some sheets

What's the thread count?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

pubic works project posted:

What's the thread count?

About 600 posts so far

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
LOL Jordan Reed on the PUP list.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

MrSargent posted:

LOL Jordan Reed on the PUP list.

Lol water wet, sky blue.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Lololololol

Never go broke betting against Jordan Reed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Spoeank posted:

Lololololol

Never go broke betting against Jordan Reed

I almost took him in fish bowl. Silly Burrito saves me from myself.

• Locked thread