Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I just listened to Austin Powers MMO, where they punched classic AP quotes into a text to speech program and I just about died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Colonel Whitey posted:

I just listened to Austin Powers MMO, where they punched classic AP quotes into a text to speech program and I just about died.

"How many of you are there??"

"...Two."

I also nearly died.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Here you go my bros.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGP4Ckx9mxs

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

^^^lol, I'll check that out after I listen to the episode

sticklefifer posted:

Yeah, the early ones are great.

"Grandma Wants it Al Dente. Grandma NEEDS it Al Dente" was the first goddamn episode I mean come on

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Weirdly the best cgi episode is munchlax analysis where it's barely even about video games. Also the griffin is dying of illness episode with the Nintendo egg.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

inferis posted:

Weirdly the best cgi episode is munchlax analysis where it's barely even about video games. Also the griffin is dying of illness episode with the Nintendo egg.

I listened to the next one where Griffin apologizes for his feverish ranting about the egg first and KNEW the egg one had to be great.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Yeah I've been getting into CGI in a major way. I started a few months ago and I'm excited to get into the backlog. The vitality egg episode was one of my favorites so far but I have really enjoyed them all.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

sticklefifer posted:

Yeah, the early ones are great. I think it's the 3rd or 4th one that has the surgery-based real dating sim and I was dying laughing at picturing the Kinect functionality.

I'm all caught up with TAZ but never got through the Flop House episodes. I listened to about half an hour of the first one and Elliott literally makes the exact same Eiffel 65 joke about 6 times in 20 minutes. It wouldn't be as bad but he insists on saying the full "I'm blue da ba dee da ba die da ba dee da ba die" quote every single time. Does he get better later in the episode or is he consistent with it after the first half hour? I get that being annoying is his shtick, but he made the part I heard unlistenable.

You can safely skip them, they're not relevant to the rest of TAZ in any way.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

On a similar note, if I'm trying to catch up on TAZ before the finale should I bother with the live episodes or just circle back on them when I've got more time?

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
The live episodes can be circled back too as they're side plots with only a bit of referencing the main plot but they're all pretty great.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Cool, I'm only 12 episodes behind so there's a good chance I'll be caught up before the end assuming the next episode isn't the last one.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Just got mad at Elliot on TAZ again. I don't hate the dude but man he really is only enjoyable in the very narrow range he works in at flop house

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Just got mad at Elliot on TAZ again. I don't hate the dude but man he really is only enjoyable in the very narrow range he works in at flop house
Somewhere, Elliot is suddenly happy. You wouldn't think he knows why. But he knows why.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Fans posted:

You can safely skip them, they're not relevant to the rest of TAZ in any way.

I know there are a few references in the main arc, like someone on the lunar base being a sibling of one of the Flop House guys' characters. Not that it's particularly relevant though. I was mainly wondering if Elliott ever becomes more tolerable later in the episodes.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
I don't think I've said this yet but the newest SPY ads (Sesame Street style scattin', followed by "SPY: we don't even know anymore") are really the best.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

Facebook link to the boys playing Operation after @Midnight:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1487098504704832&id=534770146604344

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Kenny Logins posted:

I don't think I've said this yet but the newest SPY ads (Sesame Street style scattin', followed by "SPY: we don't even know anymore") are really the best.

I remember hearing it, laughing and saying "finally!" to myself.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

That one is probably the first good MaxFun ad, but if it is, then the new MBMBaM one is the second. It's in the middle of the latest Flop House. Premise, setup, punchline.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

SPY is a real good podcast and if you like MBMBaM you'd probably dig it, just sayin'

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's on!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
"Smoke on my Daughter" poo poo

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

"We're painting a very psychosexual picture of Gallant."

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Travis is KILLING it tonight.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
"Let me TOUCH it."

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Chieves posted:

Travis is KILLING it tonight.
Came here to post this.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I can see why this was the big break that got them their roles in Trolls 2.

Prof. Spaceman
May 1, 2007

NOPE

I feel like someone was setting Griffin up with the live challenge and he did not disappoint.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/Microsoft/status/889691624757788672

Erwin
Feb 17, 2006

Why is a show called @Midnight on at 11:30? Guess that's what I get for not remembering to DVR it.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Erwin posted:

Why is a show called @Midnight on at 11:30?

Because they cancelled The Nightly Show with no backup plan.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

The boys were very good on the Hard Wick Show

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Is there an archive of it up anywhere yet?

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Griffin did not play into Hardwick's millennial jokes, like a true hero

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

flatluigi posted:

Is there an archive of it up anywhere yet?

http://www.cc.com/episodes/238h15/-midnight-with-chris-hardwick-july-24--2017----addfamilyruinasong-season-4-ep-4133

It's real good

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Jul 25, 2017

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

He ain't lyin'

Conall
Oct 8, 2015
gently caress being in Europe sucks. Their TV stuff is always region locked.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

nerdman42 posted:

Griffin did not play into Hardwick's millennial jokes, like a true hero

yeah dude was just having none of it

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Travis is custom-made for appearing on comedy game shows.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

That was very funny but boy what a hot crowd huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
If you listen to more than four episodes you'll hear that the laughing and clapping cadence is identical for every joke, and they punch up 100% of the punchlines.