Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fabulous Knight
Nov 11, 2011

Drone posted:

The only reason why I could possibly get behind Cruz becoming AG. His sudden and inevitable betrayal of Trump will be phenomenal.

He will finally and decisively get to investigate, once and for all, whether or not his dad had JFK killed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
This marks only the 5th time that Trump has ever mentioned Barron on twitter

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Please fire Sessions. I can't imagine anyone worse getting the job and the amount of chaos it would cause would be fantastic.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Somehow, I'm hoping that's an admission that he's using Barron's finances to hide something with regard to this whole fiasco. Something horrible.

Edit:

Piell posted:

Seriously?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I think he's trying to make a joke about how Barron will clearly be the next target of the witch hunt, just because it's so nonsensical? I guess?

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Piell posted:

It's from The Onion

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Piell posted:

And oddly enough the 5th time Trump has ever mentioned Barron in any situation.

That poor kid.

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!
How many times has he mentioned Tiffany?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Starmaker posted:

Who?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Starmaker posted:

He talks about losers and haters a lot so

kurrajongs
Jul 25, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
photos surface of barron meeting and divulging state secrets to "santa claus" (kislyak in a fake beard)

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Drone posted:

The only reason why I could possibly get behind Cruz becoming AG. His sudden and inevitable betrayal of Trump will be phenomenal.

You forgot forcing Texas to hold a special election to fill his seat!

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Data Graham posted:

I think he's trying to make a joke about how Barron will clearly be the next target of the witch hunt, just because it's so nonsensical? I guess?

That's how I read it. It supports the Theory of Trump that he sees everything as a direct attack on himself or his family, so he lashes out.

I never met a Trump tweet I didn't sort of comprehend. I'm the Trump whisperer. However in terms of content, this morning's tweetstorm is exceptional even by his standards: a direct attack on his AG, accusing the acting FBI director of corruption, and accusing the Clinton campaign of foreign collusion and calling for an investigation.

The "they're just tweets" meme is hollowing the republic inside out at this point.

Zapf Dingbat
Jan 9, 2001

turd politics... the politics of turds.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Does this mean he didn't sleep last night?

oliveoil
Apr 22, 2016

Drone posted:

I don't get this. Why would Cruz "betray" Trump?

kurrajongs
Jul 25, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

oliveoil posted:

didn't trump say cruz's dad shot jfk

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Delthalaz posted:

Haha that rat Ted Cruz would stab Trump in the back so quickly and ferociously Trump wouldn't even no what hit him. Cruz is the kind of guy who nurtures grudges.

No poo poo, not only did Trump slander Ted's dad by accusing him of killing JFK numerous times, he also called his wife ugly.

Plus there's that whole naked ambition that Cruz has going on. He'd try to Underwood his way up the ladder immediately.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Remember when he betrayed Trump at the rnc?

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.

business hammocks posted:

Does this mean he didn't sleep last night?

There's a gap between 10:30 pm and 6 am

kurrajongs
Jul 25, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
to be fair to trump, cruz's dad has probably shot many people

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

I like soldiers who don't have brain cancer, ok?

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Since entering office has Trump ever tweeted so late one night and so early the next morning? Usually its one or the worth.

He must be freaking out about things.

Knowing the FBI is searching your financial history must concentrate the mind wonderfully.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Drone posted:

It's from The Onion
It was honestly the part where he said "thanks" rather than him forgetting Barron's name that clued me in that this wasn't real.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

oliveoil posted:

You know that scorpion who rides across the river on the frog? He sticks the frog because he's a scorpion and that's what scorpions do.

Ted Cruz is that scorpion.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Mustached Demon posted:

You know that scorpion who rides across the river on the frog? He sticks the frog because he's a scorpion and that's what scorpions do.

Ted Cruz is that scorpion.

Do you have any examples of Cruz's grudge-holding skills?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

There Bias Two posted:

Do you have any examples of Cruz's grudge-holding skills?

His RNC speech?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

quote:

Since the inauguration, Trump has been “working nonstop, 70 days in a row, [he] hasn’t taken a day off” as part of his effort to make America great again and to take a stand for God.

“He is unashamed in standing up for increasing an awareness of God in the United States,”. “He recognizes how important that is and that that is a basis of Western civilization … As a believer in Jesus Christ, I could not be more happy with what I am seeing coming out of the Trump White House. This is beyond my wildest expectations.”

“The president himself is man of prayer and man who loves to receive prayer,” “He is a man who, I do believe, understands who the God of the Bible is and he wants to lift up the God of the Bible here in the United States … The Lord is working mightily in our government and I believe it is because God is being reverenced, God is being lifted up. Prayer is not foreign in the White House, it’s not foreign in the Executive Office Building; looking to God, looking through Bible studies, this is not foreign anymore.”

Trump deserves all the credit because “he is somebody who gets the fact that the God of the Bible is, He is, He exists, He is real … This president is very bold about the need for God in our country.

Guess who

Zapf Dingbat
Jan 9, 2001

I like to see evangelicals do olympic level mental gymnastics to justify someone who personifies their concept of the devil.

There are no evangelicals, only racists and women haters.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Delthalaz posted:

Haha that rat Ted Cruz would stab Trump in the back so quickly and ferociously Trump wouldn't even no what hit him. Cruz is the kind of guy who nurtures grudges.

Yeah it's not like a picture of Zodiac Killer doing phone banking for Donnie exists.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
if it wasn't for literal nazis popping up again, evengelicals would be the dumbest and most loathsome motherfuckers in US politics

and even then, the just share the first place with each other

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

oliveoil posted:

Cruz cares about no one but himself and has knifed every single ally in the back at some point. It's why he's the most hated person on the hill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foL0E0Gr0yY

Of course Cruz is not perfectly safe in Texas, and his national career is probably toast. He's never going to get to run for president again and have a realistic shot.

It kinda makes sense that he would jump for the AG position. But then once he got there whew lad it would be the ted cruz show.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Lmao.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Pat Robertson or Mike Huckabee.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

The answer is

Admiral Bachmaan

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

cruz once knifed lee, the only senator who likes him at all, for no apparent reason in public without warning

its just what he does

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
So if for what ever stupid reason Trump does decide to go with Cruz. At what point does he need to step down as Senator? If he can't get him through as a recess appointment, would Cruz have to step down before going through a confirmation hearing by congress, as Cruz stepping down, then getting hosed over at the confirmation hearing.... well that would be quite something wouldn't it.

Although I still have no idea why Trump would pick Cruz... like surly there are other party stooges he could pick that would be far less likely to gently caress him over. Like it seems like Trump thinks he needs to pick some high profile name. but really picking a nobody that then owes you seems like a much smarter option.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

On the other hand, Trump's hirings have veered pretty heavily into the area of people who are born-again Trump loyalists (as opposed to very, very slightly more mainstream RNC-supported types), so we may well end up with Huckabee. Gingrich has denied that he was in contention for it, but I don't buy that for a minute. Though there's the argument to be made that Gingrich has been through (and led) and impeachment before, and he might already smell the blood in the water and stay away.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

dr_rat posted:

So if for what ever stupid reason Trump does decide to go with Cruz. At what point does he need to step down as Senator? If he can't get him through as a recess appointment, would Cruz have to step down before going through a confirmation hearing by congress, as Cruz stepping down, then getting hosed over at the confirmation hearing.... well that would be quite something wouldn't it.

Although I still have no idea why Trump would pick Cruz... like surly there are other party stooges he could pick that would be far less likely to gently caress him over. Like it seems like Trump thinks he needs to pick some high profile name. but really picking a nobody that then owes you seems like a much smarter option.

It would be really hard to get anyone except a senator nominated, due to Senate decorum.

Of course Senators already have jobs so might not want to jump ship for what appears to be more of a summer internship than a career.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Drone posted:

On the other hand, Trump's hirings have veered pretty heavily into the area of people who are born-again Trump loyalists (as opposed to very, very slightly more mainstream RNC-supported types), so we may well end up with Huckabee. Gingrich has denied that he was in contention for it, but I don't buy that for a minute. Though there's the argument to be made that Gingrich has been through (and led) and impeachment before, and he might already smell the blood in the water and stay away.

I do.

Gingrich seems pretty happy just being the on air knife guy. He can throw poo poo without consequences while working as a zoo advocate.

• Locked thread