Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Lol just lol if you need to roll a fireteam in 6s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

How! posted:

I'd say post your stats but that will probably backfire and you're some unknown god that can make the complete difference no matter what.

Let's just say that if you're a really good player bungie's matchmaking assumes you can carry 5 terrible players against 6 decent ones who get their farm on.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

How! posted:

If you enjoy winning and are ranked #4 on PSN for this dead gay game then you kinda need to.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

How! posted:

A six-goon team can accomplish nigh anything

How!
Oct 29, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I'd say post your stats but that will probably backfire and you're some unknown god that can make the complete difference no matter what.

Let's just say that if you're a really good player bungie's matchmaking assumes you can carry 5 terrible players against 6 decent ones who get their farm on.

Ah yeah, no, I'm definitely not some secret goon lord or anything. Im better than random pubbies, but I'm not as good as most of the dudes in this thread.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

The only thing that matters to a goon, truly, is your ability to voop. The rest is just bullshit window dressing.

How!
Oct 29, 2009

PathAsc posted:

The only thing that matters to a goon, truly, is your ability to voop. The rest is just bullshit window dressing.

I voop real good i do

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i've been top 1 percent in nearly every playlist in the game at some point or another and I've probably played less than fifty non-trials games with goons. stacking is an easy way to get wins but it's hardly mandatory.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

That moana post was real bad my guy

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

i spent the entire time wondering if it was some kind of fake post but at the end there was no punchline so yeah I don't know what the hell

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Yeah i wasn't quite sure what was happening but by the time i was done i felt much gayer.

Kinda like that time i was a choir boy for a day.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i spent the entire time wondering if it was some kind of fake post but at the end there was no punchline so yeah I don't know what the hell

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

God this is going to be the easiest salt generation in the world

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Insane Totoro posted:

The Big Dum Space Mans [KINK] - Your Worst New PS4 Clan!

So I hope you've all been whetting your appetite for shooting mans in outer space (preferably if you are a dum man in space as well) with the Destiny 2 beta. Hey maybe it'll suck, but maybe it'll be good. Maybe there will be cake and we can all shoot mans together on the Playstation 4 gaming console.

What we've worked on this summer is uniting all the disparate goon clans into one big super (dum) clan that helps you meet equally dumb people (in outer space). And then hopefully you get loot that helps you shoot. Because if you don't have loot how can you shoot?

Our Mottos:

"Kay Is a Noob Killa: Moana N'Chill"

"We can finish Oryx Normal Mode before this livestream of Moana ends!"
(we can't, because we're big and dum... in space)

If the Motto Didn't Convince You...

And unlike other goon clans we actually let in people who aren't goons, but only if they're equally dum and in space (because outer space makes you stupid, just like the Internet). And unlike other clans in Destiny, we actually sound the Horn of Goondor (which sounds suspiciously like someone yelling "Nachooooos!") whenever there's a new thing to be done.

In all seriousness, we're composed of all sorts of Destiny veterans, including who go all the way back to Year 1, new recruits who are now Cru Cru experts (and ain't that the true true), and people who are just here to make the Snu Snu in the Cru Cru. But what binds us together (heh) is a common goal: To Have Fun Playing Destiny!

So if you like sex jokes, low pressure/drama environments, admin who are present and actually care about you (this is a lie), and like to shoot the mans, why don't you drop us a line?

Clan Discord:
https://discordapp.com/invite/s3bu43s

Bungo dot net Clan Page:
https://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/2011959

Your Clan:

Discord Admin: Waffle House (Maui)
"Waveformsssssss!"

Fireteam Lead and LFG Manager: KayParfait (Moana)
"But it's past my bedtime?!!"

Clan Admin: Insane Totoro (I guess I'm the tree in the background?)
"I've got a 5 Hour energy drink and we can totally finish this raid before we're done watching Moana!

Everyone Else: A couple dozen other goons and special friends on which this big dum ship sails (The Ocean, because fish pee in it and do a bong rip before they go cap A on Shores of Time)

EDIT: OKAY FINE we can cast the other people in the picture.

Clan Weeaboo: PerrineClostermann (Pua, because everyone forgets about him after the beginning of the movie, just like in the Discord)

The Chosen One: Unclouded (Heihei, because this whole endeavor would be lost without his help and we'll need him once we find the waveform that unlocks the Final Nightfall which unlocks the final DLC for Destiny 1)

Note: We never finish a raid before Moana is over. Because we ARE dum.

Other Stuff:

We actually like the company of one another. So we do things besides Destiny:

-Gun chat (we're our own miniature TFR)
-Titanfall 2 (shooting mans in space with even BIGGER more dum guns)
-Car chat (and motorbikes too!)
-Demand better sous vide recipes (and other food chat)
-Livestreams of Moana
-Search for waveforms in games (I think this has something to do with drugs)
-Allow in people who play Destiny 2 on the PC (who bought two copies of this game)
-Cat pictures
-Post screenshots of people being salty on the Internet about the Cru Cru (is this mainly Reddit?)
-Say things about Nintendo like "Splatoon is good" (which Totoro doesn't understand since he hasn't ever owned a Nintendo console)

Rules Too Long, Didn't Read

We're just a low stress group that recently refined a "one strike, no further warnings" rule for people who stir up poo poo or otherwise. Be nice to people. Don't infringe on other people and their ability to have fun in the game. We expect you to act like adults and not wreck the fun of other people.

It's a stupid game on the Internet with lots of guns to find and shoot. We refuse to take it seriously. And we refuse to bring our personal issues along for the ride. In fact, just leave those at the door since we all play games to get the hell away from our other adult duties.

In summary, "Moana N'Chill."

Clan Discord:
https://discordapp.com/invite/s3bu43s

Bungo dot net Clan Page:
https://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/2011959

In Memory Of

R.I.P. Alzion

Frozen is better than Moana.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

limaCAT posted:

Frozen is better than Moana.

And of course this gay thread is fighting you on stuff that's scared of (a cool group on the Ps4 fighting in the exclusive strike with the exclusive exotic) and not for the important issues such as the one above.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Waffle House posted:

Some motherfuckers got accidentally dropped into an 8-man strike, here's to hoping this lends credence to my "implies Big Team Battle" theory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGGu2QgIaVc

Holy poo poo, this might have happened to me, but most of the guys were just loving around on the surface and when three of us moved on they got dropped. I just thought it was like some weird thing.

Also when it loaded it only showed three ships iirc.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Dat face when you drop a 12kd

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

CheeseFactory posted:

Dat face when you drop a 12kd

My controller is wireless, that's not all I'm dropping

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Saw some Destiny 2 concept art on twitter

New raid looking good

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

???

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

them's some pretty big cones, where are we gonna get the bros for them?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

You guys are unwellcome to new people. I would dare to say "insular".

Perhaps some of you need to watch the moana movie, theres generic feel good life lessons in it. Like "don't byte newbies".

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Tei posted:

You guys are unwellcome to new people. I would dare to say "insular".

Perhaps some of you need to watch the moana movie, theres generic feel good life lessons in it. Like "don't byte newbies".

Have we become what the call of duty thread became?

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

your circumcision honestly disgusts me
Having no punchline is the punchline.

Also yeah the more I think about the farm being the social space the more I don't understand why, are the cabal not actively seeking out remaining guardians to annihilate them? Was there nowhere more secure than an open field? What in the actual gently caress.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7va9XVySrCw

After using the deathstalker a fair bit thought I'd give the scathelock with the range mods a whirl.

Worked out pretty well. Nice way to close out the beta anyway.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
All I know is that I didn't know the male ego around here was so fragile that it could be shattered into fragile little shards by a sex joke PS4 clan appropriating a Disney movie starring Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.

Also wait a minute.... Bungie said there was no 6v6 PvP but they never said there wasn't 8v8.......

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
You're picking the lamest hill to die on dude

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The Krew's time is now. Go forth, our heroes

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

all according to plan :laugh:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

[Extremely Mark Strong From Grimsby, Face Painted in the English Flag Voice] I will ride this cone to save the world

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

I dunno man, you're still in our discord :ssh:

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

3v3 : 6v6

4v4 : ?

:thunk:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
4v4v4 :getin:

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

2v2v2v2. Or comedy, 3v3v3v3 since I guess they never specifically said they were getting rid of 3s.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Four team assault mode in halo was actually a really good time because it was complete chaos. It would be even funnier in Destiny, so Bungie should definitely do that.

Or king of the hill. Why doesn't destiny have king of the hill. :smith:

Just think of all the epic team wipes you could get with that.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

Be your own Wayfinder.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

The XBox Online Store is loving based as poo poo, I do think we may be getting 8v8 modes indeed somewhere down the line. Check out the lower right corner with playercount:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
16 players in social space

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

moist turtleneck posted:

16 players in social space

That number is actually 26, not 16

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Hey, everybody! Good morning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
My favorite thing about the beta is that the farm supports 26 players but the list of instance players in the roster is 12 per page