Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Augus
Mar 9, 2015

i dunno would you really want to go a few rounds with this guy? he seems like he doesnt gently caress around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

as it turns out pulling out of the TPP lessens the leverage you have on future "deals" when everyone else pivots towards china or some poo poo

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Augus posted:

i dunno would you really want to go a few rounds with this guy? he seems like he doesnt gently caress around

his teeth can shatter bones

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
yeah sometimes a president is just a president, but mostly the president is a dick

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Manchin isn't a dem hth

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

lol

also *pushes glasses up nose* interesting thing i read about recently: while manufacturing jobs have unquestionably declined in the past several decades, there have also been changes in how manufacturing is done without changes in how jobs are categorized, with the effect that a lot of people basically work in manufacturing but labor stats ppl count their jobs as something else

like for example in the olden days a company would buy a bunch of factory equipment and then have an in-huose repair staff to maintain the machines, and those jobs were counted as Manufacturing

today it's increasingly common to buy the maachines along with a maintenance contract, so someone who works for Siemens comes into your factory to maintain the machines you bought from them, and their job counts as Service not as Manufacturing

this effect accoutns for a significant fraction like maybe a third of the decline since the 90s, apparently

but yeah if you're lolling bc of trump bragging about the resurgence in JOBS his administration is bringing, lol away

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/889825713074970624

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I did a thing posted:

What if, now hear me out, McCain had a moment of catharsis while hanging out in that river. He decides to vote no. and then goes back to Arizona but doesn't resign. Just waits for the reaper to come.

This is what I hope for. Since he has been given a finish line that is within his term, he actually becomes a "maverick" and begins voting out of line with the party.

Once again, I know I am wrong and this is the worst timeline.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

i thought protectionist was your poo poo daddy trump

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Who listens to the American psychoanalytic Association over the American Psychological Association?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

white sauce posted:

Manchin isn't a dem hth

:thunk:

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

zen death robot posted:

I need off mr trumps wild ride

The only way is death and Trump is gonna get us there

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Citizen Tayne posted:

It's really bad. I've never watched an anime in my life and I did the best I could to watch all of Akira but that anime isn't online anywhere I could find it, so I watched what was on Youtube and it's pretty bad. A fat guy crushes a woman and makes Tokyo explode.
Most animes are probably like most TV - garbage.

I've not watched many (mostly whatever was on Adult Swim when I was younger), but one I saw on Amazon (since it came with Prime) was Kino's Journey - it was actually pretty good.

MODS CURE JOKES
Nov 11, 2009

OFFICIAL SAS 90s REMEMBERER

lol rip trimpy

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

psychiatrists finally got permission to start using the r word

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

just this once you can go absolutely HAM on this one public figure lmaoooooooo

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

amazon CEO Jeffry Kisses

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Annual Prophet posted:

it would be both hilarious and unsurprising if the personal repugnance of donald trump led to the uk abandoning brexit and rensolidating with the e.u.

(along with strengthening the e.u. generally)

slightly more likely is stronger eu, and the uk has to split its client state kowtowing between the eu and the us

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
im more of an american psychiatric peoples front guy myself

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

logikv9 posted:

his teeth can shatter bones

cant choke him when he has no neck, dude's unstoppable

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/markknoller/status/889618175054184448
https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/889821278470799360

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

white sauce posted:

Manchin isn't a dem hth

That's what it says on his ticket and if he's willing to clown on Farenthold, I'd say let him be a Dem

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Sir Tonk posted:

im more of an american psychiatric peoples front guy myself

Splitter

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

alnilam posted:

lol

also *pushes glasses up nose* interesting thing i read about recently: while manufacturing jobs have unquestionably declined in the past several decades, there have also been changes in how manufacturing is done without changes in how jobs are categorized, with the effect that a lot of people basically work in manufacturing but labor stats ppl count their jobs as something else

like for example in the olden days a company would buy a bunch of factory equipment and then have an in-huose repair staff to maintain the machines, and those jobs were counted as Manufacturing

today it's increasingly common to buy the maachines along with a maintenance contract, so someone who works for Siemens comes into your factory to maintain the machines you bought from them, and their job counts as Service not as Manufacturing

this effect accoutns for a significant fraction like maybe a third of the decline since the 90s, apparently

but yeah if you're lolling bc of trump bragging about the resurgence in JOBS his administration is bringing, lol away

sir we only serve the breakfast menu

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I did a thing posted:

I'm waiting(not hoping) for a natural disaster to happen on the scale of Katrina. Do we even have a FEMA director yet? It's going to be a poo poo show.

Even God is just sitting at His work computer hitting :f5: and ignoring His responsibilities of punishing sin by murdering the innocent.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Augus posted:

definitely not at the golden corral buffet

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/889830814854336512

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

imagine being so loving insane that the national shrink association thinks your noodle's more jacked up than goldwater's lmao

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

1972 called, they want your stock photo back

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

alnilam posted:

lol

please redo this post but do it in trump tweet form tia

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Esteemed Chair of the National Psychoanalytic Association: "The President is nuttier than squirrel poo poo folks."

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Truga posted:

are you an informbiro supporter??

more of a Hoxhaist

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

https://twitter.com/IsaacDovere/status/889822516218298374

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
i agree with Trump that Jared's brain is similar to his smooth 11 year old fidget spinner addict son's

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

god kush sounds like such a fukken dweeb

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

TBeats posted:

please redo this post but do it in trump tweet form tia

who knew the decline of JOBS due to automation could be so complicated?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

https://twitter.com/UncorkedElf1/status/889832487077249024

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/status/889833253380788224

lol

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Xelkelvos posted:

That's what it says on his ticket and if he's willing to clown on Farenthold, I'd say let him be a Dem

He isn't gonna clown on anyone and will backstab you when the time comes

Good luck anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Ramadu posted:

god kush sounds like such a fukken dweeb

imagine sex with him lol

• Locked thread