Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
best girl
Hibiki
Tsubasa
Chris
Maria
Kirika
Shirabe
Miku
The Man of Truth, Dr. Ver
Genjuuro
Shinji (who)
View Results

• Locked thread
MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

OnimaruXLR posted:

this would be pretty easy to pitch as an isekai light novel, just have someone get reincarnated in a fantasy world and channel the power of lightning magic to invent an electric guitar

am i describing brutal legend? i dont remember if i am

also it's weird that the mid boss of AXZ is Roy Mustang doing an impersonation of the Father homunclus

I think of him as James from Pokemon or Zamasu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

OnimaruXLR posted:

this would be pretty easy to pitch as an isekai light novel, just have someone get reincarnated in a fantasy world and channel the power of lightning magic to invent an electric guitar

am i describing brutal legend? i dont remember if i am

also it's weird that the mid boss of AXZ is Roy Mustang doing an impersonation of the Father homunclus

yeah that's basically brutal legend lol

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
https://symphogear.blogspot.jp/2017/07/xd-translation-corner-1.html

Zoid started translating the 3.5 story in XDU.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

best part of this is how many anime jokes yumi makes

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

MonsterEnvy posted:

I think of him as James from Pokemon or Zamasu.

they ain't alchemists, though

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

graybook posted:

(E4 shitpost spoiler just in case)

i heard adam weishaupt had an 8 pack. that adam weishaupt was shredded

Subs are up.

Shredded is putting it lightly. Guess the show's moving into equal-opportunity fanservice.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lol at neapolitan

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Couple interesting threads introduced in this ep. Adam will almost certainly be The True Evil manipulating the much more sympathetic alchemists. More curious to see how they handle Granpappy Kazanari. GX clearly wanted us to at least try to empathize with Daddy Kazanari, but Granpappy seems to be framed in altogether more sinister terms. Wonder precisely what that'll build up to.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
^^
I like this new trend of extremely cool poo poo popping off all the time.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Chris continues to be the best symphogear. I'm also glad Tsubasa seems to be having fun now.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jul 24, 2017

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I like that Cagliostro's armor is less clothes than she usually has. Also Adam appearing in a fancy suit and then instantly incinerating it so he can do alchemy in the buff.

And Chris flying around on a rocket shooting lasers and stuff. And Hibiki as backup. You can see it coming a mile off and that makes it even better. Basically any time the punchline is Hibiki biffs somebody I approve, and anticipation just enhances it. Although out of nowhere punches rule as well. Except I guess you should always expect something like that when Hibiki is off-screen and someone needs some fisticuffs.

But they should stop giving Elfnein extra jobs that aren't sort out the Linker, because Kirika and co. need to get cutting fools and interruptions are not helpful. If there is no six-gear Symphonic Resonance or whatever it was called by the end of this season I will be sad

Also RIP cool robot voice that goes Dainsleif

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
I need to watch this. Right now.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I find it funny Adam more or less programmed his Robot to be in love with him.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jul 24, 2017

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MonsterEnvy posted:

I find it funny Adam more or less programmed his Robot to be in love with him.

Apparnetly she did that on her own, actually. Her character bio on the website mentions that Adam basically ignores her and she wound up thinking that maybe he'd pay attention to her if she was in love with him, and if she had a romance she'd also be a 'person' instead of just a very specific device that he only needs once every couple hundred years.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Endorph posted:

Apparnetly she did that on her own, actually. Her character bio on the website mentions that Adam basically ignores her and she wound up thinking that maybe he'd pay attention to her if she was in love with him, and if she had a romance she'd also be a 'person' instead of just a very specific device that he only needs once every couple hundred years.

Ah, it's an allegory for a different type of unhealthy relationship then.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

McDragon posted:

But they should stop giving Elfnein extra jobs that aren't sort out the Linker, because Kirika and co. need to get cutting fools and interruptions are not helpful. If there is no six-gear Symphonic Resonance or whatever it was called by the end of this season I will be sad
They're going to team up with Alchemy trio in some ridiculous fashion.

Also hype report: SOOOOOO HYPE

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Endorph posted:

lol at neapolitan

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
That was probably the best entrance any villain has had in the show.

I guess Adam got his opinions on clothes from Fine

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
he thought he could be as powerful as fine if he just took his clothes off, too

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

I have such a big smile on my face from watching this and it won't stop you guys. Someone send an ambulance or something.

Everything about AXZ is more than making up for GX's shortcomings so far.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Symphogear is the best show.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

LibrarianCroaker posted:

Symphogear is the best show.

Yeah this is shaping up to be better than G. We'll see if Adam can surpass Dr. Ver, but I'm not sure if I want him to. Also, :rip: everyone. Time to find out our would be villains' aims because everyone else is dead.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Jul 25, 2017

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Spiritus Nox posted:

More curious to see how they handle Granpappy Kazanari. GX clearly wanted us to at least try to empathize with Daddy Kazanari, but Granpappy seems to be framed in altogether more sinister terms. Wonder precisely what that'll build up to.

the show basically called his generation a nazi collaborator, i dont think it likes him very much

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Phobophilia posted:

the show basically called his generation a nazi collaborator, i dont think it likes him very much

Oh, yeah, I wasn't thinking about it too hard but yeah he's old enough to have actually been involved with the whole "let's develop Symphogears for Hitler" thing Genjuuro and company get to kind of awkwardly shrug off, huh.

Like I said, curious to see exactly what kind of confrontation we'll have with him, though. Will he be In On It with Adam and the Alchemists? Or will he be a 3rd faction? Or will Tsubasa just get to call the old man out? We'll see.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

Oh, yeah, I wasn't thinking about it too hard but yeah he's old enough to have actually been involved with the whole "let's develop Symphogears for Hitler" thing Genjuuro and company get to kind of awkwardly shrug off, huh.

Like I said, curious to see exactly what kind of confrontation we'll have with him, though. Will he be In On It with Adam and the Alchemists? Or will he be a 3rd faction? Or will Tsubasa just get to call the old man out? We'll see.

We're dealing with the Illuminati here, not a rogue special-forces unit or a living god. Them having political/financial connections with just about everyone (and SONG getting an organisational shakeup as a result) seems like a pretty safe bet.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I liked how in that backstory scene Maria and Kirika just kind of awkwardly glanced at Hibiki when Gen said they got Gungnir from Nazi Germany.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

This episode reminded me about Tsubasa's messed up family situation, so now I'm angry at fictional people.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
When you watch the new one, stick around after the credits.

I'm glad they came up with a way to bring him back. You can never kill the Ver inside your heart.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Oh my god really

I guess that artifact hand made him basically an immortal action hero.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I am just bursting out laughing.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

They probably need him to solve the LINKER situation for FIS. it'll be odd if he gets to hang around the bridge for the entire series after this though.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Endorph posted:

They probably need him to solve the LINKER situation for FIS. it'll be odd if he gets to hang around the bridge for the entire series after this though.

That'd be a lame payoff unless Elfnein gets a symphogear

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

A true hero never dies.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
His power to never be on-model is still powerful and unstoppable.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
Is there a place to get Symphogear merch that's not super creepy? The only thing I've found is a shirt with

on it, which is cool but I'd rather have the main trio. I like Maria and all but she's no Yukine Chris.

On that note, I re-watched a lot of S1 and it holds up a lot better on a second viewing. The first few episodes are still rough, but they're there for a reason, and there's a lot of small touches to S1 that aren't carried forward into the later seasons that make it something special. I really enjoy how Kanade's leiftmof underscores the whole season - there's a ton of different takes on the same theme that underscore the powerful emotional beats between Hibiki & Tsubasa. One thing I loved from the first season is how all of Section 2's 'technical' equipment looks like mixing boards and other sound production equipment; the guys at base seem like they could be in a DJ booth. That's something I wish they would bring back.

I can't believe I ever lied to myself about this show. It is so good.

While searching for merch I found this piece of fanart:

It breaks my heart that this is not real. I noticed that there's three versions of Maria here. I assume one is Black Gugnir Maria, one is Airgetlám Maria, but what's the third? Evil fake Maria from the end of S3?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Derp, nevermind.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

here's the only symphogear merch you need

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10349511

there's also a shirt for that fake toku show yumi likes, but ive never been able to find that.

there's also rubber straps of, uh, just about everyone, and nendoroids of s1 hibiki, tsubasa, and chris. figmas of s1 hibiki and s1 tsubasa, too.

I don't have the Tsubasa or Chris nendos, but I'm fairly happy iwth my Hibiki nendoroid. It's fairly posable and cute. Only complaint is that the right arm likes to fall off (yes, really) and there are a ton of sharp edges on the back. Not sharp enough to cut your hand open, but sharp enough to hurt if you're handling her casually.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Jul 31, 2017

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Man it's a close competition between Maria's song and Team Neapolitan's song for my favorite so far this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

FYI, they're releasing the character singles at a pretty rapid pace. Hibiki's, Maria's, Tsubasa's, and Chris's are already out.

My favorite is Maria's, because the song from the show is called Stand up! Ready!! and the B-side is called Stand up! Lady!!

• Locked thread