Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

deathbysnusnu posted:

Firing Comey was dumb as hell. The republicans would just obstruct hardcore and Comey would get some calls from republican friends that made it clear it wasn't in the best interests of the party to dig too deep and it would have blown over.

trump could've easily had nazi usa by now if he would just shut his fuckin mouth for 5 mins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Remember when Trump expressed that he didn't want America to be the world's laughing stock. Yeah

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Schnorkles posted:

also scaramucci has been at the WH for like 3 days and he's already taken Reince's entire role

wonder if he sleeps with his wife too

He probably sleeps with melania, yeah

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

brugroffil posted:

$12 per year.

He thinks insurance is $12 per year.

My apologies, it can be exhausting keeping up with the smootheness of Trump's brain sometimes.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Zikan posted:

also these people thought that trump would be the peace candidate

and the weed friendly candidate

and keep the republican congress in check

if jeffrey beauregard sessions goes then there's still time for DJT to become da kush prez

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Also I always kinda thought the medical device tax was both regressive and kinda dumb because it would just end up costing insurance more

Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

It's not even Tuesday, dog

Schnorkles posted:

also scaramucci has been at the WH for like 3 days and he's already taken Reince's entire role

wonder if he sleeps with his wife too

do you think Reince is the next one out the door?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

The Nastier Nate posted:

So if I'm reading this right, they dragged John McCain out of his Arizona hospital to D.C. so he could vote to vote on bills that are going to fail? And he went along with it knowing full well that his brain might explode on the plane?

If only there was a word to describe this kind of behavior...

Only thing you got wrong is it's gonna pass. So they put him on a plane knowing there was a risk of his brain swelling so he could vote yes to take healthcare from millions

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

deathbysnusnu posted:

From what I've read he's basically ripping up all of the Preibus loyal folks root and stem. 80's guy with boneitis setting the agenda is probably not the worst case scenario.

what's he like with bannon though

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

lol if mccain comes back and they still raen't able to pass anything

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Once this whole thing toppled over scaramucci is going to pop his head out like a protean mammal after the big asteroid wiped everything out, and scurry over to the democratic side and pretend that nothing happened

And he'll get away with it too 😒

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Man Musk posted:

if jeffrey beauregard sessions goes then there's still time for DJT to become da kush prez

*Jefferson

it's important to note that he was named after two different specific people that dedicated their lives to preserving slavery.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Al! posted:

whos taller, rubio or rufio

dante basco is ted cobbler in

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Admiral Ray posted:

He probably sleeps with melania, yeah

Ivanka for certain. And that Hope lady Trump drags all over the place. The Mooch is quite the ladies man.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

zegermans posted:

Wait the skinny repeal is only on the medical device tax? Like 90% of the funding was applying medicare tax to capital gains on 250k+ families... how the gently caress does repealing the medical device tax do anything

lots of people including dems have been harping against the MDT since it passed because of strong lobbyists.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Jack Del Huevos posted:

do you think Reince is the next one out the door?

reince has everyone gunning for him and has somehow kept his job, dude's not going anywhere

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

murked by dragon posted:

cant wait for dave weigel's new book 'Power Rangers: The Comprehensive History'

"A History of Western Civilization as Told by Power Rangers Gifs: Subordinating Media and Semiotic Detournement"

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Elephanthead posted:

Ivanka for certain. And that Hope lady Trump drags all over the place. The Mooch is quite the ladies man.

again, ivanka is already spoken for

by my prime minister

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

white sauce posted:

Once this whole thing toppled over scaramucci is going to pop his head out like a protean mammal after the big asteroid wiped everything out, and scurry over to the democratic side and pretend that nothing happened

lol like the parasite that comes out of Carl after his south bronx paradise diet

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

white sauce posted:

The Mooch is a deep cover accelerationist

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Hahah Mooch took this meme from 2 years ago seriously and studied the blade and became supreme Trump bootlicker

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Yinlock posted:

what's he like with bannon though

Bannon is allowed to keep his job but nothing else. His kiss of death was the SNL scene where Trump was told to sit at the kids desk.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

brugroffil posted:

lots of people including dems have been harping against the MDT since it passed because of strong lobbyists.

honestly I think it's kinda dumb myself, you could have made that up by just ticking the medicare tax up 0.1 on rich people

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Bilirubin posted:

"A History of Western Civilization as Told by Power Rangers Gifs: Subordinating Media and Semiotic Detournement"

I love me some fake dissertation titles

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

zegermans posted:

*Jefferson

it's important to note that he was named after two different specific people that dedicated their lives to preserving slavery.

ya and it's not even a real name wth

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Does Mooch scotch tape his tie?

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

a million years ago I could not believe that McConnell was actually suffering consequences for lying to every single republican senator individually

haha I was right it's going to work

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Karl Barks posted:

lol if mccain comes back and they still raen't able to pass anything

Best case scenario is he votes yes, it somehow still doesn't pass and his head explodes on his flight back to AZ

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

rear end cobra posted:

is there a """""""""""theme""""""""""" to tonights rally or will we get the pure trump?

"how many of you think I should fire jeff sessions?"

*loud cheers, followed by coughing and wheezing*

"you're right, as soon as I get back to the white house it's going to be Jeff, YOUR FIRED!"

*calls mooch and tells him to fire sessions*

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

deathbysnusnu posted:

Bannon is allowed to keep his job but nothing else. His kiss of death was the SNL scene where Trump was told to sit at the kids desk.

good work snl

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/889867842186649600

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i love that he thought yeah its prob $1 a month

lmao

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Sir Tonk posted:

"how many of you think I should fire jeff sessions?"

*loud cheers, followed by coughing and wheezing*

"you're right, as soon as I get back to the white house it's going to be Jeff, YOUR FIRED!"

*calls mooch and tells him to fire sessions*

"ey boss only you can fire that loser, bada-bing"

"mooch what did you just say you know i don't speak mexican"

nopants
May 29, 2004

if manchin is going to keep being a dick, the least he can do is issue vicious cane beatings on the steps of the capitol building

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

also in light of the increased flurry of activity from Trump today, enabled by Mooch, I suggest checking out this twitter thread by a Fascist Studier weirdo (donate to the patreon!)

https://twitter.com/alexandraerin/status/889842010462486530

tldr: trump did best when he acted completely without regard for consequence and did worst when he tried to cleave to political norms. spicer was holding him back, gabagool won't. autocracy = go big or go home. you can see this happening with the Boy Scouts response, they just meekly caved to Trump because pushing back against that speech meant pushing back against every part of it instead of just one or two parts of it like in a 'regular' speech where Trump stepped over the line a couple times

From this point on Trump's team is going to sprint over the line and see if anyone pushes back instead of toeing it and stepping over it once in a while

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

tweet about JO crystals dave

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Yinlock posted:

reince has everyone gunning for him and has somehow kept his job, dude's not going anywhere

it's cause his job loving sucks and he has no power because trump literally allows anyone to come in the Oval Office, getting rid of the most important role of a chief of staff, managing access

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

zen death robot posted:

remember back when people thought Trump was a secret leftist and would end up pushing for UHC

omg he's still got 7.5 years for trumpcare dont lose hope yet!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

so brave :swoon:

• Locked thread