Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Colostomy Bag posted:

I liked how their foley artists ran around with chains and empty soup cans down a hallway for immersion.

Do you remember their video about foley? They showed jangly objects in a room, and I recall people more knowledgeable than me commenting on how their sound capture setup was total trash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
*chris slides into the room*

hey guys erm yeah hey I know we're like erhm busy and uh but I'm wondering where we are all um at with procedural cities?

*cue laughtrack*

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

XK posted:

lol, we don't even take Derek seriously here. He's just another idiot posting in this thread, like everyone who posts in this thread. That's what makes it fun.

Silence, minion!

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

XK posted:

It is linked at the bottom of the article, directly to his post.

He just fixed it after my tweet. That's why I sent him the reminder. And that's why he used my blog article link as the credited source.

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

Virtual Captain posted:

I finally understand how this happens:

http://i.imgur.com/P0hx7Rn.mp4

More MoCap will fix it though.

Awww, it's like a lil' sperm trying to get into an egg. You go, little guy! :kimchi:

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
I think we are losing focus on what is important here:
Is the mess hall scene with all the state of the art NPC AI complete?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

He already had the original source at the bottom. It appears he's now linked your forums. Your forums aren't the original source.

Don't be a content sourcing locust.

D_Smart posted:

He just fixed it after my tweet. That's why I sent him the reminder. And that's why he used my blog article link as the credited source.

He had the bottom link at least 6 hours ago.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
"No, I said it first!" Derek cries out as he shrinks into a tweet.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

XK posted:

lol, we don't even take Derek seriously here. He's just another idiot posting in this thread, like everyone who posts in this thread. That's what makes it fun.

They haven't figured out that part yet. And I don't plan on telling them because, as I've always said, I hope they keep it up. They're my best signal booster and persistent flare that says "These loving rear end-clowns are insane. And they are the guys you want to be playing a lovely videogame with?"

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

D_Smart posted:

lmao, your blog isn't the source you jackass.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

lazorexplosion posted:

I have the flu and today I managed to go to the toilet, unzip my pants and start peeing all before I noticed the lid was down. Well, that's my piss story.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3651576&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=4453#post474695957

What are you taking for your Flu, and can I have some?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

XK posted:

He already had the original source at the bottom. It appears he's now linked your forums. Your forums aren't the original source.

Don't be a content sourcing locust.

He had the bottom link at least 6 hours ago.

When I checked, there was NOTHING there. I just ran an archive.org search and it's NOT there.

At which time did you actually SEE it on the page. I can tell you with certainty that he NEVER credited SA when I checked (just before sending my tweet). Which is why I showed him "how to credit". I didn't ask him to use my link. My credit to Gorf appears at the bottom of my use of the image as "Gorf’s 3.0 infographic"

When I checked shortly after, I saw "Image source" linked to my page.

In fact, I just asked him on Twitter anyway. Just for clarity.

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/889874306376892416

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

2012 2013 2014 2015 2016

2017, I think they'll impress me this year.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
Judging by the 2 "Jerk detected! This user is on your ignore list, click to view post anyway" (which I never click on), some rear end-clowns are being their usual selves again.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

D_Smart posted:

When I checked, there was NOTHING there. I just ran an archive.org search and it's NOT there.

At which time did you actually SEE it on the page. I can tell you with certainty that he NEVER credited SA when I checked (just before sending my tweet). Which is why I showed him "how to credit". I didn't ask him to use my link. My credit to Gorf appears at the bottom of my use of the image as "Gorf’s 3.0 infographic"

god this is entertaining

D_Smart posted:

Judging by the 2 "Jerk detected! This user is on your ignore list, click to view post anyway" (which I never click on), some rear end-clowns are being their usual selves again.

don't act like you don't read them, you've quoted me 3 times in the past couple weeks when no one had quoted it before you.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

D_Smart posted:

Never change

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

Yes, how dare people you've ignored post in this thread.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i want to thank the lurking derek slam crew for heckling the thread to keep it entertaining

XK
Jul 9, 2001

D_Smart posted:

The link at the bottom citing "Forums.somethingawful.com", and pointing to his SA forum post, was there at least as soon as I made my internet rounds upon waking up. I woke up at 3:30 am EST, and I hit that page at around 5 am EST, at the latest, maybe earlier. The link to his SA post was there then. I know for an absolute fact it was there because I even joked to myself then that the shitizens would have a fit because it cites SA as an article source.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
what is a company wife

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Did he just compare a retail item, that was bought and paid for, and which is subject to consumer laws, to a lovely crowd-funded video game? Because of course he did.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
"Heh, I noticed there are people that I have ignored that are currently posting on the page I am posting from. It's a good thing nobody else posts in this thread and that these people I have ignored are clearly only and always posting about me, Sir Derek Smart."

:smuggo::grin::five::five::bravo::bravo::grin::catdrugs:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Space Crabs posted:

i want to thank the lurking derek slam crew for heckling the thread to keep it entertaining

:allears:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
To be fair that last part is always true

XK
Jul 9, 2001

He also didn't replace the SA source link, he just added your page as another source. The SA forum link at the bottom is what was there already.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Scientists argue that the universe began with the Big Bang, but a small group within the community has now begun to wonder if Derek Smart was the Big Bang.

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process

Awesome :) hope you have more to post. This is the good poo poo.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
This would shatter the Elite: Dangerous dev time Braben Time-Flux-Continuity established slightly over a decade ago and spanning trillions of years.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

XK posted:

The link at the bottom citing "Forums.somethingawful.com", and pointing to his SA forum post, was there at least as soon as I made my internet rounds upon waking up. I woke up at 3:30 am EST, and I hit that page at around 5 am EST, at the latest, maybe earlier. The link to his SA post was there then. I know for an absolute fact it was there because I even joked to myself then that the shitizens would have a fit because it cites SA as an article source.

I believe you. Maybe he removed it? Because it certainly wasn't there before. And as you can see from my Tweets, I asked him to credit the source. If it was there, my Tweet won't have been needed. So maybe he did remove it because of Shitizen backlash? But then put it back because my forum isn't SA?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

XK posted:

He also didn't replace the SA source link, he just added your page as another source. The SA forum link at the bottom is what was there already.

So the problem isn't that it wasn't sourced, the problem is that it was sourced (correctly) to SA and not to Derek's blog. It's all so clear now.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Wouldn't, Derek. It's "wouldn't".

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

XK posted:

He'll probably credit Ivanka Trump if that will get Derek to go away.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Polish Avenger posted:

He'll probably credit Ivanka Trump if that will get Derek to go away.

I hope someone gives Derek a Trump avatar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
*Smug Trump Avatar*

"I'LL BUILD A SOURCE AND MAKE THEM CREDIT ME"