Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

One is just doing the last fight with 9S, well, depending on who you first did it with right?

I guess I meant to ask if I'm missing any good button mashing that doesn't involve playing as 9S I can watch the rest on YouTube

You're missing the real ending if you don't do the last fight with the other character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I just finished route B and thought it really benefited from taking like two weeks off for a mild MLB The Show addiction. The "trailer" for the rest of the game got me super stoked but I'm gonna let it sit for a few days. I'm loving it but it's weird to me that anyone blazed through this at release, the endings seems like natural stopping points to go play another game for a minute.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Sakurazuka posted:

You're missing the real ending if you don't do the last fight with the other character

Ok I haven't fussed with any of that because I just unlocked chapter select so let me figure it out

Thanks for the help!!!

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Ok I haven't fussed with any of that because I just unlocked chapter select so let me figure it out

Thanks for the help!!!

If you want to do any trophies do them before the repeat fight.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Videogames are good! I still have to get Nioh and HZD as heavy hitters but I've beat a good bunch of vidyagames this year.

-Uncharted 1, 2, 3 and 4 done
-Doom
-Bloodborne (over 150 hours already on various runs!)
-DS2 SOTFS
-GoW 3 remastered
-Titanfall 2 SP and a lot of MP.
-Diablo 3 doing a 3rd char on this new season.
-Yakuza 0 in progress
-Destiny (like 100 hours or so spent and loved all the non raid content!)
-Until Dawn: Done a first playthrough with my wife who loved it so we may do another round.

Going to start The Witcher 3 soon and still have The Last of Us and Dragon Age: Inquisition to play. Figthing games doesn't count (GG XRD Rev and KOF XIV!).

When I look back to my 360 days, I had shitloads of games but overall quality was waaaaay worse, this is an amazing year.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Don't forget to play TLOU's MP, it's still one of my favourite MPs, and probably my most played, even though the faction, XP, and level-up-to-get-more-skill-points mechanics are beyond stupid.

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...
How likely is it that the first Destiny will get a price cut once Destiny 2's released? On the one hand, I'm guessing that pseudo-MMOs like Destiny don't sell so well once the community's moved on, so might as well drop the price, but at the same time, maybe it could cannibalize some sales from the sequel by boosting the original's community with cheap-o gamers...

I kinda want to play Destiny, but I'm not paying full price for an almost MMO when I refuse to play online.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

don't play destiny. especially don't play destiny alone

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

The full Destiny package with all the DLC was 20€ during the Days of Play sale last month, so I'd assume it'll be on sale again at some point.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I don't know if you folks mentioned it already or not but Patapon Remastered is finally available August 1st! https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/patapon-remastered/cid=UP9000-CUSA06171_00-UCUS987110000001

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Pata pata pata pon
PON PON PATA PON

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Destiny will probably be a ghost town after 2 releases. You don't *need* other players for anything besides the raids and PVP but the co-op strikes are a large part of the value and those suffer without teammates.

Destiny defaults to blocking voice from randos though and is hard to grief so all you have to deal with is their potential incompetence.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Yeah tell them to only play the worst content

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Norns posted:

Yeah tell them to only play the worst content

But that's all of Destiny

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

You're not wrong

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Iron Crowned posted:

But that's all of Destiny

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...

Veib posted:

The full Destiny package with all the DLC was 20€ during the Days of Play sale last month, so I'd assume it'll be on sale again at some point.

Oh, I missed that. Good to know though, I'll keep an eye out.

I know Destiny's kind of lovely and shallow and what little enjoyment you can get out of it depends on having friends to play it with, but I figured that I could get 20-30$ worth of fun out of a full game and 3 DLC packs. Maybe not though.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

idk about the dlc but I spent nothing on the base game and still felt ripped off

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
why does futaba have stats??

that really bugs me for some reason, she's a loving text box generator not a playable character

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
if you want to play destiny 1. And you are looking for people to play with. strikes, raids, pvp.
Join us in discord
https://discord.gg/MSGmgXa
We are still doing raids to get people through/for fun. Some of us might still play destiny 1 after destiny 2 launches

Destiny can be a terrible game if you play it solo. Do not do that. Play with people and have fun.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

KingSlime posted:

that really bugs me for some reason, she's a loving text box generator not a playable character

She still occasionally cast spell so it's probably useful to have stats that determine what the effects of those spells will be.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

KingSlime posted:

Give Futaba nice equipment and be happy she showed up at all.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

CordlessPen posted:

I know Destiny's kind of lovely and shallow and what little enjoyment you can get out of it depends on having friends to play it with, but I figured that I could get 20-30$ worth of fun out of a full game and 3 DLC packs. Maybe not though.

Plenty of people had plenty of fun playing it solo. I leave it installed and go back to it now and then when I want to shoot some aliens.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

glam rock hamhock posted:

She still occasionally cast spell so it's probably useful to have stats that determine what the effects of those spells will be.

i guess, it just annoys the poo poo out of me to see her get exp and level up. Granted, RPG's are the kings of *ding ding ding* MILESTONE REACHED but her milestones in particular feel so fake and just there for show. Why do i give a poo poo that you have more HP now, also gently caress your UFO thing thats not a proper persona

tiny annoyance but hey

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Futabas eventually starts helping you nonstop if she levels up enough. Its kinda annoying to have the interruptions but its very powerful

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

KingSlime posted:

also gently caress your UFO thing thats not a proper persona

:chloe:

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Futabas eventually starts helping you nonstop if she levels up enough. Its kinda annoying to have the interruptions but its very powerful

ahh i dont think i'll like that at all

I always dismissed companions in new vegas because wtf, why do i want an npc to destroy enemies before I even become aware of them? i wanna play the game drat it

actually I don't care either way with P5 because at 70 hours in and with maybe 30 to go, I just want this ride to end

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Actually when futaba makes a fight start with the enemies already in a holdup it is amazing

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Thanks for the help!!!

You can safely end the game but if you feel like you want to complete the game as fully as possible you should definitely spend some time with The Good Boy Emil. Farming for endings seems like kind of a waste though so maybe just buy those trophies from the masked girl.

Unlike the previous entries in the DrakeNier series this game doesn't require you to max out weapons to get all the main endings but it is the requirement for the final superboss.

E: also make sure you're connected to the internet when you do the final main ending.

Trojan Kaiju fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jul 25, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Futaba can also Heat Riser your entire party. She is really good

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
and when that doesn't start
there's murder in my heart
Futaba's got the Roland medal in my save. Stats Goons

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND ME a any cool trivia or party games for ps4?? The gf and i bought a wii a long while back for Mario party and trivial pursuit and the like but the games are so outdated we haven't touched it in like forever. Are there any good trivia games etc on ps4?

Please help my gf and i enjoy gaming together again. Thank you

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

fridge corn posted:

CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND ME a any cool trivia or party games for ps4?? The gf and i bought a wii a long while back for Mario party and trivial pursuit and the like but the games are so outdated we haven't touched it in like forever. Are there any good trivia games etc on ps4?

Please help my gf and i enjoy gaming together again. Thank you

Jackbox Party Pack. 1 has You Don't Know Jack and 3 has Trivia Murder Party and Guesspionage which are all neat trivia games. TMP kinda wears thin pretty quickly with it's murderer host gimmick though. A lot of the rest of games, like Quiplash and TeeKO are real fun, too.

Argento
Feb 19, 2004

Ladies, I'm back
Lipstick Apathy

Trojan Kaiju posted:

Jackbox Party Pack. 1 has You Don't Know Jack and 3 has Trivia Murder Party and Guesspionage which are all neat trivia games. TMP kinda wears thin pretty quickly with it's murderer host gimmick though. A lot of the rest of games, like Quiplash and TeeKO are real fun, too.

That gimmick is the best part of JPP3. Love that voice.

Anyways, are any goons still playing For Honor? What's popular lately?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

For honor didn't have a long tail

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

TF2 update is live apparently

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Also God of War III loving sucks and those unskippable credits and cut scenes lmao

I tried play ratchet and clank what was the appeal again I just run around hitting things with a wrench?

Nier only took me like six months

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I like most of gow3

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Also God of War III loving sucks and those unskippable credits and cut scenes lmao

I tried play ratchet and clank what was the appeal again I just run around hitting things with a wrench?

Nier only took me like six months

Ratchets appeal is in the fun guns and I think the light platforming with an aesthetic that matches with a mascot platform.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Was all ready to buy the $16 Witness with my $15 in PSN credit from that sale but the checkout doesn't work. Coolcoolcool. Hopefully the sale price is still on by the time they let me give them money!