Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Fried Watermelon posted:

Why does Sansa literally cut down Jon Snow at every public meeting they have? Does she not realize how bad it makes them look if she's always rejecting his plans during these gatherings? At least discuss it before hand to get on the same level.

Also no one seems to care that Jon has been resurrected from the dead, even Milisandre doesn't mention it to Dany when speaking to her about him. Seems like the first or second thing I mentioned. "Oh yeah this guy who's so great and awesome? He was raised from the dead to kill more undead"

1) Because they are both right. We know that Jon is more right because we have extra info that the characters can't possibly know, but based on the knowledge that the characters have, Sansa is right on the money. Traitors should have been beheaded and their keeps given to the loyal lords (last episode). Jon is walking into an obvious trap, just like their father and his father before him (this episode). Sansa is saying the right things. She says it in front of the lords because she knows Jon won't listen to her if she voices her concerns in private.

2) Yeah that is a bit weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The thing about Sansa, though, is she is a twat.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Oh man I think you're right and the coda is gonna be Sam sitting down with quill and paper writing the show we just watched.

There weren't enough primary/secondary sources for Dorne and the Sand Snakes which is why they are written so turdishly.

We thought we were getting The War of the Roses, but with dragons and zombies. But what we got was The Outsiders with dragons and zombies.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Waltzing Along posted:

The thing about Sansa, though, is she is a twat.

The whole "Why won't you listen to me John????!!!!" and then just not mentioning the army she has at her beck and call before the battle of the bastards made me disgruntled toward her.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I hope a giant steps on some more people

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I hope the ice people win.

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.
I like the harebrained theory that GoT is a dream inside Ghost's mind.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

COMRADES posted:

I hope the ice people win.

i agree they're pretty "cool."

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I think they'll give Westeros the kick it needs.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
In the war of the roses analogy who are the white walkers supposed to be? Nazi Germany?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

facebook jihad posted:

In the war of the roses analogy who are the white walkers supposed to be? Nazi Germany?

Michael Douglas

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

Fried Watermelon posted:

Why does Sansa literally cut down Jon Snow at every public meeting they have? Does she not realize how bad it makes them look if she's always rejecting his plans during these gatherings? At least discuss it before hand to get on the same level.

It's supposed to make the show progressive about women stuff.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
in the end The Night's King turns the entire populace of westeros into zombies. It's a perfect harmonious society without scarcity, suffering, or cruelty.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I like that the show is just pissing all over Martin's books.

George: "I'm going to tease Brienne and Jaimie."

Show: "Haha gently caress you, we're going to have Tormund pipe that down, and also here's a summary of the last two books because we know you'll never finish them."

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Rated PG-34 posted:

It's supposed to make the show progressive about women stuff.

I was discussing this the other night with a friend, but as progressive as the women in this show are supposed to be, the real chaotic evil assholes are all men. With the exception of Arya and lesbian greyjoy (who is lesbian! Don't let the show ever let you forget that!) all the female main characters are the 'strong leader' types, with Cersei mostly being an evil Disney queen.

I want to see an insane bloodthirsty female character for a change. Someone no one wants to gently caress with, like Mileena from the later MK games or something

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Have they even tried talking to the white walkers and working out a deal? Maybe if you stop giving them insulting spooky names like night king and calling them the army of the dead they'd be a little more friendly.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

facebook jihad posted:

I was discussing this the other night with a friend, but as progressive as the women in this show are supposed to be, the real chaotic evil assholes are all men. With the exception of Arya and lesbian greyjoy (who is lesbian! Don't let the show ever let you forget that!) all the female main characters are the 'strong leader' types, with Cersei mostly being an evil Disney queen.

I want to see an insane bloodthirsty female character for a change. Someone no one wants to gently caress with, like Mileena from the later MK games or something

like the sand sna.....hahahaha ah I kid I kid

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'm pretty sure Jaime is dead in the books.

calusari
Apr 18, 2013

It's mechanical. Seems to come at regular intervals.

Fried Watermelon posted:

Setting up the betrayal she and Littlefinger will commit when Snow leaves for Dragonstone

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

calusari posted:

Setting up the betrayal she and Littlefinger will commit when Snow leaves for Dragonstone

Yeah I was gonna say, I dunno if sansa will directly betray him but the repeated meetings where snow voices his next plan of action, the entire room greets him with disapproval, and then he just runs over their views because he knows what's goood and best feels like it's probably leading towards some kind of fallout.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

ArbitraryC posted:

Yeah I was gonna say, I dunno if sansa will directly betray him but the repeated meetings where snow voices his next plan of action, the entire room greets him with disapproval, and then he just runs over their views because he knows what's goood and best feels like it's probably leading towards some kind of fallout.

Littlefinger will talk her into some kind of minor usurpation, then overplay his hand by trying to grab her titty while twirling his moustache, she'll stab him in the neck and fall back in line with Jon.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
seriously though what's the deal with his name? I guess they are all saying he has a small dick (or an abnormally small actual finger maybe?) but if he's so smart and cunning why hasn't he gotten them to give him a cooler nickname?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Littlefinger gonna get died.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Littlefinger metaphorically carried that printer. He deserves to smash. But Jon is an alpha Chad and won't let him.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

yeah I eat rear end posted:

seriously though what's the deal with his name? I guess they are all saying he has a small dick (or an abnormally small actual finger maybe?) but if he's so smart and cunning why hasn't he gotten them to give him a cooler nickname?

It's a reference to his original holdings on the Fingers in the Vale. In the books no one calls him that to his face unless they are trying to be deliberately insulting :shrug:

Show LF is a bitch. What's he even doing in WF right now in the books at this point he is de facto lord of the Vale and Lord Paramount of the Trident plus he is marrying Sansa to the heir of the Vale and they're gonna off that kid.

COMRADES fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jul 25, 2017

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

yeah I eat rear end posted:

"When I was a child, I was very small, and I come from a little spit of land called the Fingers, so you see, it's an exceedingly clever nickname."

(he says the last part sarcastically, because, in fact, he does NOT like his nickname)

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

id call him pinky

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

FuhrerHat posted:

id call him pinky

That's a racist term for white people tho

Forgot about Cersei's racist nationalist rant about foreign hordes last episode lol that was pretty good.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

oh sorry

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
john loving murder littlefinger. do it right in the great hall with all the other lords watching. The knights of the vale will probably follow Sansa no probs and no one will care at all that Littlefinger got gutted.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

ruddiger posted:

That's a racist term for white people tho

Forgot about Cersei's racist nationalist rant about foreign hordes last episode lol that was pretty good.

Jfc

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I cannot wait for the awful dialogue between Jon snu and dany.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Yeah they live in exactly the kind of world where glibly but transparently trying to hide between titles and formalities and the rule of law as a very, very obvious narcissist gets you killed (EDIT: at least without a ride-or-die crew of shooters, which LF kinda lacks), and they'll work backwards to the justification for it and the guy who takes your place after the fact.

It defies belief that none of the Lords of the Vale has already found some pretense to off him and are all actually dancing to his tune, TBH.

Season 5+ Littlefinger reminds me of this guy I know who tries to be way, way more manipulative than he has the smarts for always overplaying his hand to tragicomedic effect.

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jul 25, 2017

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Band the nee.
No. I will knot.
Do it or dragon eat u.
BEYOTCH.
Let's gently caress.
Okay.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Waltzing Along posted:

Band the nee.

i cannot believe u would say this to women and poc's

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Waltzing Along posted:

Band the nee.
No. I will knot.
Do it or dragon eat u.
BEYOTCH.
Let's gently caress.
Okay.

Dany everyone die withoit dragon glass so let's be friends.
No sorry you first have to bend knee.
Okay fine whatever.
No, you didnt mean it good enough. Execute hi.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Dani: bend the knee *lifts up skirt *
Jon: I thought that was metapor-hmmmmh
Dani: *grabs jons head*

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Sam is the loving worst actor

It's crazy how this show manages to cast some of teh best character actors with some complete trash actors

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Zzulu posted:

Sam is the loving worst actor

It's crazy how this show manages to cast some of teh best character actors with some complete trash actors

Probably not that many young fat guy good actors. The old fat guy actors who are good probably started out as regular guy actors who took fat guy roles when they got old and fat. Young fat guys who would be good actors don't bother because of the limited young fat guy roles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Universe Master posted:

Probably not that many young fat guy good actors. The old fat guy actors who are good probably started out as regular guy actors who took fat guy roles when they got old and fat. Young fat guys who would be good actors don't bother because of the limited young fat guy roles.

should have cast the kid from 6th sense