Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

KyloWinter posted:

This show has sucked for years and prestige TV sucks in general.

I would say that the way you do it to maintain quality is anthology style, so you don't have the budget balloon for your breakout stars' salaries while shrinking for writing and production.

But True Detective neatly kills that hypothesis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

I would say that the way you do it to maintain quality is anthology style, so you don't have the budget balloon for your breakout stars' salaries while shrinking for writing and production.

True Dicks Season 1 also saved money by plagiarizing from Thomas Ligotti and Alan Moore instead of needing to actually write.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
Did they ever explain why the eunuch is interested in sex?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

nickmeister posted:

He's still a human being who wants to connect with the woman he loves? :shrug:

I buy it without a ton of exposition. There's a bit in DWD where the Unsullied go to the brothels to get cuddles which was kinda :3:

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

nickmeister posted:

Did you see those tits? That is all the explanation you need.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

There's a bit in DWD where the Unsullied go to the brothels to get cuddles which was kinda :3:

They show this in the show as well. It's where a bunch of the Unsullied get murdered and I think is what initiates that dumb goes nowhere sideplot.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

nickmeister posted:

He wasn't, he was perfectly happy to leave without saying goodbye. She seduced him.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

nickmeister posted:

He didn't seem all that interested tbh. It looked more like he figured he should do something once she got naked, otherwise it would have been even more awkward.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

i'm really upset we didn't get to see eunuch's non-penis, what kind of loving representation is that HBO

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Pizzolatto spent years formulating Season 1

Season 2 probably would have been poo poo regardless of the cast

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

*as the flames consume him*
"Boy we Starks really gotta stop answering summons to court by Targ monarchs."

Or any monarchs, really.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
I still cant believe that Dany finally arrived at Westeros with a huge rear end army and dragons and decided that the best plan is not using either

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Vegetable posted:

Pizzolatto spent years formulating plagiarizing Season 1

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Hey

Where's bronn

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Pomp posted:

Hey

Where's bronn

Waiting for Jaime to be on a set where Lena Headey is not.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Pomp posted:

Hey

Where's bronn

bronn is gonna get him some bad pussy

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Bronn out of nowhere stabbing Euron from behind, grabbing Bad Pussy and then rope swinging onto an adjacent ship and running off into the sunset would be a fine ending to his storylinethe entire show

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
still mad about euron showing up out of nowhere with a deus ex machina fleet to delay the plot and kill a couple of sand snakes, like we care about anyone from Dorne who wasn't Oberyn

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
the best thing about euron is he should be able to completely starve out danys army and also stop the attack on casterly rock but none of that will be mentioned.

he might as well just have one ship, same with all the armies- they only matter if a named character is with them

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

mastershakeman posted:

the best thing about euron is he should be able to completely starve out danys army and also stop the attack on casterly rock but none of that will be mentioned.

he might as well just have one ship, same with all the armies- they only matter if a named character is with them

Well, she does have the dragons. If Euron blockades Dragonstone, she should be able to use them to destroy all his fleet

But it the problem of what to do with the whole dotracki horde that is stuck in dragonstone without a fleet to take then to the continent remains . But then again, seems like she decided to not use the horde anyway, so

Der Luftwaffle
Dec 29, 2008

Pomp posted:

still mad about euron showing up out of nowhere with a deus ex machina fleet to delay the plot and kill a couple of sand snakes, like we care about anyone from Dorne who wasn't Oberyn

Doran seemed cool for how little we saw him but whoops we can't have too many nuanced characters played by experienced actors.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

she spent 6 seasons amassing a credible force to take the throne and we had to watch every agonizing second of it, from her sold off as a prize bride, to her stilted negotiations to steal an army of eunuchs, to her doing a terrible governance practice run in a city state that will never be mentioned again on the show, so on and so on every minute of it building up to the awesome moment where she finally inacts her plan and leverages her hard-won resources to kill the bad lannister lady. And now she's sitting on her goddamn hands.

we got trolled so bad, bad show fans.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Pomp posted:

I cared about Areo Hotah.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

she spent 6 seasons amassing a credible force to take the throne and we had to watch every agonizing second of it, from her sold off as a prize bride, to her stilted negotiations to steal an army of eunuchs, to her doing a terrible governance practice run in a city state that will never be mentioned again on the show, so on and so on every minute of it building up to the awesome moment where she finally inacts her plan and leverages her hard-won resources to kill the bad lannister lady. And now she's sitting on her goddamn hands.

we got trolled so bad, bad show fans.

Every GoT fan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1YmS_VDvMY

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

Perhaps the real reason they can't burn KL to the ground is budgetary reasons and not dumb liberalism

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Rated PG-34 posted:

Perhaps the real reason they can't burn KL to the ground is budgetary reasons and not dumb liberalism

no it's because there's nothing left to do in the show. burn King's landing, head north to help Jon at the wall, the end

Dr. Poz
Sep 8, 2003

Dr. Poz just diagnosed you with a serious case of being a pussy. Now get back out there and hit them till you can't remember your kid's name.

Pillbug
I loved the "That's not you..." call back and paused the episode to explain to my wife why I was smiling and laughing in that moment. I don't understand why others had such a hard time with it. The episode that line was originally in may have aired 6 years ago or whatever, but Seasons 1-4 are so good and lend themselves well to rewatching.

No one has mentioned my personal favorite callback to past seasons though: Hot Pie asking Arya "Did the lady knight ever find you? I assume she was a knight. She was wearing armor." I busted out laughing so hard at this because it was a callback to Hot Pie describing a "battle" he saw with "two knights", i.e. guys in armor. Everyone tells him thats ridiculous so he appeals to Gendry and Gendy is like "lol no that doesn't mean they were knights." Then Hot Pie says "Well how would you know?!" and Gendry is like "BECAUSE I SOLD ARMOR!"

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

The early seasons were good, and well written, with good production design and costuming. The actors cared about their roles with the assurance that they would be able to play fully realized characters written to have a rich inner life and relatable if not always noble goals.

:rip:

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Elias_Maluco posted:

But it the problem of what to do with the whole dotracki horde that is stuck in dragonstone without a fleet to take then to the continent remains . But then again, seems like she decided to not use the horde anyway, so

No the horde made its way safely to casterly rock. They weren't a part of the sand snake hoisting.

It's okay if you didn't realize the show is so bad that they are actually going to do that.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
The dothraki horde isn't going to Casterly Rock , the Unsullied are. The Dothraki are on the bench.

Of course, the Unsullied would need to sail around Dorne, so theoretically they should have been with the fleet that got destroyed.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Didn't she only have like 300 unsullied and tons of them get got in mereen? I thought her entire band of brigands were bringing tyrion home.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Nail Rat posted:

Of course, the Unsullied would need to sail around Dorne, so theoretically they should have been with the fleet that got destroyed.

Assuming they had a way to get ashore from Dragonstone, they could march their overland just fine... albiet on a really long cross-continent route that seems to thread the needle between Harrenhall and KL so probably open to attack by Lannister forces, if they dare meet them in the field. Probably like a thousand miles basically coast to coast.

So... I expect the next episode to open with them at the gates of Casterly Rock.

kater posted:

Didn't she only have like 300 unsullied and tons of them get got in mereen? I thought her entire band of brigands were bringing tyrion home.

She had like ~8k initially, I don't think that many got murked in Mereen, and I think she took basically all of them with her, leaving Dario's mercs in charge.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

nickmeister posted:

because he still has his balls

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Who the gently caress is Tyrion afraid of pissing off with an assault on King's Landing? They have the support of Dorne and the Reach, which are like the only two kingdoms that aren't in complete shambles right now from the war. The Stormlands don't seem to exist on the show. The Riverlands are theirs once they kill Cersei. The North just had a civil war and is now run by a bastard. The Vale is run by Littlefinger who, hell, may be a potential ally for all they know.

It's the absolute perfect time to just roll in with an overwhelming force and say you're re-establishing the 300-year dynasty and putting an end to all the chaos with your multitude of trump cards.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

kater posted:

She has 8000 unsullied.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it's just annoying how anticlimactic everything feels. the red wedding was this enormous event where several houses committed the gravest of sins in wiping out the most beloved house and uhh arya uses a magic mask to kill walder frey and then all his kin die from poison wine at the beginning of a episode without any build up. cool.

i still laugh that they had manderly named and chewed out for not supporting the starks when they coulda done his plot in season 5 since nothing loving else happens.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
This show makes me feel like I'm just wasting my time mastering the combat whip.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I hope the plot twist is that Grey Worm is actually called Grey Worm because they forgot to lop off his cock.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Gendry will row all the unsullied 5 at a time to the mainland. In show time this will take aprox 1/3 of an episode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

.... wait how far down does jorahs skin problem go

• Locked thread