Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Covok posted:

People wonder why I keep saying things will turn out like election night. They say I'm obsessed. And then I see that night repeated over and over again.

No, no, you don't. You just imagine that you do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Bahahaha, but he will vote yes on whatever comes out in 20 hours of legislative time I'm sure.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

There currently is no bill as written unless he means the House version.

It's an empty platitude hes copying from his statement after the second Senate attempt at BRCA.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Covok posted:

People wonder why I keep saying things will turn out like election night. They say I'm obsessed. And then I see that night repeated over and over again.

Me in 2024 as Trumpstaffle are skinning me alive: "Don't worry we'll get'em in the midterms!"

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
McCain's speech would probably have had more force if he hadn't just voted on a MTP that is in direct opposition to what he just said.

McCain.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Covok posted:

You're manifesting it into the universe. Cut it out.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

McCain just said he believes the senate will not ultimately succeed in passing anything despite MTP.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Which version of the bill is he talking about here? 2015 repeal? BCRA? Skinny repeal?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

You could have stopped this you fucker. You could have stopped this.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Covok posted:

That's because you are obsessed. Today is nothing like 11/8.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Covok posted:

no you don't, you've been wrong about pretty much everything you've said about anything. You just like the attention you get from being a permanent negative nancy.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Covok posted:

Honestly, I'm glad I try to learn more about what's going on in this country, but you aren't making things any better

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Bottom Liner posted:

McCain "I will not vote for this bill as it stands today" literally moments after voting to proceed.

:lol:

"I hate this bill"
*Votes to proceed*
"We should all be deeply ashamed of what Obama made us do today"

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

BIG HEADLINE posted:

"LOSER MCCAIN AGREES WITH ME THAT WE SHOULD STOP LISTENING TO #FAKENEWS"

That's exactly what I heard there too.

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG
As the brain cancer proceeds, John McCain falls into a coma, trapped in his mind reliving his time being tortured by the Vietcong. He is visibly erect for the first time in decades.

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

Bottom Liner posted:

McCain "I will not vote for this bill as it stands today" literally moments after voting to proceed.

It's almost like

those are two different things

and this is just a procedural vote with a bunch of drama attached because of Trump

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
Are we headed for Rexit?

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Jesus McCain is a piece of poo poo. And oh what a shock Heller and Capito are lying cunts

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/MichaelCBender/status/889927577816715266
:fork:

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

This is pure industrial-strength McCain. He has never been more concerned and disturbed about anything in his life than right now.

Yet no one is confident that he'll do much to stop it if his vote is actually needed.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

"president trump, how long can you keep torturing jeff sessions?"
"that's what i'm trying to find out, obviously"

https://twitter.com/rebeccaballhaus/status/889927389752545285

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

nachos posted:

god these unbelievable pieces of poo poo why won't this bill loving die

His name is John

Kale
May 14, 2010

Trabisnikof posted:

Even if they get a bill out of the senate today the senate and house will have to vote for the real and different bill again in the future. This is nowhere near the end.

If there's one thing I expect will remain a constant even in the Trump era it's Congress taking an exceedingly long time to come to a conclusion on anything. The defining trait of U.S Politics is how divisive and oppositional to a fault it is. It basically looks like trying to dick the other party over more than get anything done for the last 15 years especially. Definitely in the McConnell era more than any I can recall.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/ConnorSouthard/status/889927784918896641

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Bottom Liner posted:

Eh, proceeding is just that for McCain, it doesn't conflict with the actual for a cobbled together bill.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Why did you vote to proceed if you don't support the bills, you stupid, dying piece of poo poo?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Rigel posted:

McCain just said he believes the senate will not ultimately succeed in passing anything despite MTP.

Hopefully they hire an attractive female assassin to dress up as a nurse to give him his nightly "sedative." He deserves it.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Worst part is that, obviously, the media types seem to be lapping this up. "Ooh, he said 'bipartisanship'!", they coo. "He's admonishing McConnell!", after doing exactly what McConnell wanted.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Maverick John McCain wanted to block Hillary's Supreme Court Justices indefinitely.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Crows Turn Off posted:

Why did you vote to proceed if you don't support the bills, you stupid, dying piece of poo poo?

He's a old dude who believes in "process" and always votes for MTP.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Hopefully they hire an attractive female assassin to dress up as a nurse to give him his nightly "sedative." He deserves it.

What, a painless quick death? Nah, he doesn't deserve that.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Crows Turn Off posted:

He's said many times that he votes to proceed on everything. It's a weird old parliamentary sticking point, but he thinks bill deserve votes. If the bill goes down, his vote for this doesn't matter. If it goes through, obviously the votes weren't there to stop the motion either. Obsessing over what's happening right this second when it may ultimately not matter at all is dumb.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
This has to be the emptiest speech John McCain has ever given.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Asked before but it got lost - how much time do we have now? I've heard everything from "indefinitely" to "tomorrow."

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Bottom Liner posted:

I think it might be worth noting that this is a "motion to proceed" and that a yes vote on it does not necessarily equal a yes vote on the bill, just as a no vote doesn't necessarily equal a no vote on the bill. McCain is still completely devoid of any principles whatsoever, but this statement isn't incongruous with his vote. He's indicating that he thinks this bill could be turned into something he would vote for, and that the motion to proceed means that the process to do that can begin.

Again: anyone who voted yes on this is still an evil piece of poo poo. There are a ton of reasons why voting for the MTP was a terrible thing. But don't act like they just passed a bill.

ThisIsWhyTrumpWon
Jun 22, 2017

by Smythe
This thread went full crazytown with wishing murder upon a sitting senator.

I'm out. I'll pray for your souls.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

McCain just took a shot at Trump's wall. If its in the budget though, I'm sure he'll be very concerned as he votes yes.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

PT6A posted:

What, a painless quick death? Nah, he doesn't deserve that.

:thejoke:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Boon posted:

Democrats unequivocally select a good slogan. The usual opinionated, cynical, lovely goons find a reason to bitch about it.

It's the natural order of things.

It sucks a lot actually. Thanks for playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

ThisIsWhyTrumpWon posted:

This thread went full crazytown with wishing murder upon a sitting senator.

I'm out. I'll pray for your souls.

No, I just want his imminent death to be as slow and as painful and as agonizing as possible.

• Locked thread