Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Great game, just installed it and played a few rounds.

Is there a way to spectate once you die? It only gives me the option to go back to the lobby.

Not much to say about it, except it's definitely a good, fun game. I wonder how long until I get tired of it, but for now I can't wait to get home and play again, which isn't that common with most games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0016MF7W2

This exact set. I've tried others and they all suck in various ways.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Is there a way to spectate once you die? It only gives me the option to go back to the lobby.

Only in duo/squad if your teammate(s) are still alive.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Oh right I remember now> How does the red circle work, I don't get it yet. It slowly pushes you towards the center of the map? Or does it push you to different places every game? I died once because I waited too much and couldn't outrun it, my health slowly disappeared. When you get the warning to go somewhere, do you have to go immediately to make it? It's not very clear.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Oh right I remember now> How does the red circle work, I don't get it yet. It slowly pushes you towards the center of the map? Or does it push you to different places every game? I died once because I waited too much and couldn't outrun it, my health slowly disappeared. When you get the warning to go somewhere, do you have to go immediately to make it? It's not very clear.

Red circle is randomized artillery fire. It will appear almost anywhere on the map, (from what I can tell) unrelated to where people are.

Blue circle is the one that shrinks the playable map as the game goes on. It is also randomized. If you are outside of the circle, there will be a white dotted line on the map leading you to the middle of the circle. You can see how far away you are from the border of the circle with the little "running guy" icon above the map. If it is bright white, and not all the way to the right, you are outside of the circle. If it is slightly faded and all the way to the right, you are inside of the circle.

This should help a ton

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xep95W9V5jA

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

The red circle is just "explosions randomly occur here". Nothing more. It's pretty ineffectual except for the 1/300 times you get insta-knocked/killed by it.

e: and yeah despite fan theories it's completely unrelated to where people are, you can tell this by the fact that when it's down to the final circle a red circle will still be on the opposite end of the map where nobody possibly could be

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

No Safe Word posted:

The red circle is just "explosions randomly occur here". Nothing more. It's pretty ineffectual except for the 1/300 times you get insta-knocked/killed by it.

e: and yeah despite fan theories it's completely unrelated to where people are, you can tell this by the fact that when it's down to the final circle a red circle will still be on the opposite end of the map where nobody possibly could be

Maybe, but then again it's landed on pochinki like 4 times in a row multiple times for me when there are tons of guys in that town so i'm not so sure.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Taffer posted:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0016MF7W2

This exact set. I've tried others and they all suck in various ways.

Thanks. I went and ordered up a pair form a local shop.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Hockles posted:

Red circle is randomized artillery fire. It will appear almost anywhere on the map, (from what I can tell) unrelated to where people are.

Blue circle is the one that shrinks the playable map as the game goes on. It is also randomized. If you are outside of the circle, there will be a white dotted line on the map leading you to the middle of the circle. You can see how far away you are from the border of the circle with the little "running guy" icon above the map. If it is bright white, and not all the way to the right, you are outside of the circle. If it is slightly faded and all the way to the right, you are inside of the circle.

This should help a ton

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xep95W9V5jA

Excellent, the game is kind of clear that bad things will happen if you're outside the circle, but even a quick explanation during a loading screen would help more. That video is very useful, thanks

Mark David Chapman
Jul 25, 2011

"Player Unknown" posted:

Players,
In case you missed it last week, due to complications with a client crash bug last week, we need to push the monthly update to the 3rd of August. We will, however, have a small patch this week, which will mainly address bugs you have reported. We are also working on resolving the issues seen on the servers over the past week and we ask for your patience as we get them fixed.
Early Access – Week 18 - Patch Notes
Fixed a bug where characters got stuck in doors after partially destroying them
Fixed a bug causing the door Interaction UI to appear even after doors were completely destroyed
You can now use consumables while browsing the inventory during a reload
Fixed a bug where characters could not pick up items while running despite seeing the looting animation
Fixed a bug where characters would shake in spectator mode while running
On August 3rd, we will be adding the following to the game in our monthly update.
1st Person server options are coming to NA and EU SOLO & DUO game-modes
FOV Slider for the 1st person view will be added to the game
A new rifle will be added to the game
Today I also want to talk about character customization, our plans for Gamescom this year.
We’re aware that many of you want new in-game skins to further customize your character. While we won’t be rolling out the full system until we move out of early access, we would like to provide more content as well as test the basic crate & key system we want to implement in the final version of the game.
On August 3rd, we will be launching three new crates. All three crates will contain items inspired by the Battle Royale movie, some of which you may have seen in our older artworks. The first and second crates, named the Wanderer Crate and the Survivor Crate, will be free to open. Each of these crates will include one set of the themed clothing, on top of other cosmetic items. The third crate named the Gamescom Invitational Crate will have the most diverse pool of themed clothing.
At Gamescom this year we will be holding our first offline Invitational. We will be inviting a group of the best BATTLEGROUNDS content creators, and run events each day for the duration of the convention. We will also be holding daily qualifiers so attendees at Gamescom will get a chance to compete in the GAMESCOM PUBG INVITATIONAL!
We have implemented a very basic key and crate system for this test. You can use your Battle Points (BP) to buy the crate on the REWARDS page. While the Wanderer Crate and the Survivor Crate will be free to open, the Gamescom Invitational Crate can be opened with a key which you can buy for $2.50 each.
Proceeds from the sale of the keys to open the Gamescom Invitational Crate will be used: To provide funds needed to organize the event To provide a prize pool for the invitational winners To support a selection of charities
Once Gamescom is complete, on August 27th, the Gamescom Invitational Crate will be no longer available and removed from the game. We will then return to the free-to-open system. The Gamescom Invitational Crate, Wanderer Crate and Survivor Crate will be tradeable on the Steam Community Market going forward. Keys for a Gamescom Invitational Crate purchased on the Steam Community Market will still be available to purchase in-game.

So it looks like we have the micro transactions that we've all be clamoring for. The only way to get that sweet, sweet tracksuit is from the :10bux: boxes. It's already been confirmed that each of the paid boxes will only contain 1 item. So GL getting the actual items you want without spending :20bux:

Mark David Chapman fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jul 25, 2017

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

No Safe Word posted:

I've had it spawn on me many times while I was looting the blue, way away from the circle, and I've hardly ever seen it spawn outside the circle in areas where there wasn't half-decent loot. I think you underestimate the ease and length with which people stay outside the circle. Also, I can't recall there even being red zones in the final 2-3 circles.

That said, red zones definitely don't necessarily spawn centered on people, but I do firmly believe every red zone clips a player the second it is first announced.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

Lladre posted:

Thanks. I went and ordered up a pair form a local shop.

Good move! And a note for anybody else playing on speakers: playing with headphones will instantly make you a better player.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Parallel Playa posted:

That said, red zones definitely don't necessarily spawn centered on people, but I do firmly believe every red zone clips a player the second it is first announced.
No. Stop this. It's literally impossible if you look at some late game circles. They are death circles and the red circles are 4km outside the playzone.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

quote:

A new rifle will be added to the game

Oooooooh, any rumors about what it might be?

I realized last night that the SVD is a glaring omission.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

No Safe Word posted:

No. Stop this. It's literally impossible if you look at some late game circles. They are death circles and the red circles are 4km outside the playzone.
It's possible for the choices to be non-uniformly random such that they are more likely to land where more people are but are not guaranteed to. No anecdote about seeing a bunch on top of a populated zone or one really far away can prove things one way or the other.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fletcher posted:

Good move! And a note for anybody else playing on speakers: playing with headphones will instantly make you a better player.

Is there a way to lower the ambient outdoor noise? Once I enable volume equalization it is extremely loud and constant when outside of buildings.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Inspector_666 posted:

My guess Is another 7.62. probably an AN-94

Linstar
Apr 21, 2010

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

It's possible for the choices to be non-uniformly random such that they are more likely to land where more people are but are not guaranteed to. No anecdote about seeing a bunch on top of a populated zone or one really far away can prove things one way or the other.

Wrong. A far off redzone in late game circles can absolutely indicate that they are not guaranteed to spawn on a player. It may be very well the case that redzones are more likely to spawn on a player, but they absolutely do not have to as indicated by those late game redzones across the map. These are circles that will kill you in 10 seconds. There's no way to outheal them.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Vaah posted:

My guess Is another 7.62. probably an AN-94

I would like something that would be the M416 to the AK's M16A4.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!
I've had a red zone land on me when I am in a boat, in the blue and nowhere near the circle. It could just be coincidence but I treat the red zones with caution and assume other people are somewhere nearby. That is my story about the red zone.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Linstar posted:

Wrong. A far off redzone in late game circles can absolutely indicate that they are not guaranteed to spawn on a player. It may be very well the case that redzones are more likely to spawn on a player, but they absolutely do not have to as indicated by those late game redzones across the map. These are circles that will kill you in 10 seconds. There's no way to outheal them.
??? Who cares if it's guaranteed or not? How is that relevant? Yes, you've disproved the notion that it's impossible for them to spawn where there are no people. It could still be extremely likely to spawn where there are people. My point is that speculating on the rules based on our own tiny sliver of game-time like this is pointless - you can't meaningfully differentiate uniform distribution from heavily-weighted distribution on your own.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

??? Who cares if it's guaranteed or not? How is that relevant? Yes, you've disproved the notion that it's impossible for them to spawn where there are no people. It could still be extremely likely to spawn where there are people. My point is that speculating on the rules based on our own tiny sliver of game-time like this is pointless - you can't meaningfully differentiate uniform distribution from heavily-weighted distribution on your own.

Because people still say poo poo like this:

Parallel Playa posted:

I do firmly believe every red zone clips a player the second it is first announced.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Does it really matter though? You should only care about a red zone if it's over you, and in that case it doesn't matter where/when they spawn other times.

Also if you haven't seen anybody downed by one, play with me. I have been downed at least 6 times and killed once by red zones.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

No Safe Word posted:

Because people still say poo poo like this:
He could say "I believe that 98% of red zones clip a player the second it is announced" and it would have effectively the same meaning, and might be true because we have no idea. The absoluteness of his claim is unimportant.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

Inspector_666 posted:

Does it really matter though? You should only care about a red zone if it's over you, and in that case it doesn't matter where/when they spawn other times.

Also if you haven't seen anybody downed by one, play with me. I have been downed at least 6 times and killed once by red zones.

I still have only been hit by red zones inside homes :(

Is it possible to have a red zone in the final circle? Has there ever been a draw?

Linstar
Apr 21, 2010

He could say "I believe that 98% of red zones clip a player the second it is announced" and it would have effectively the same meaning, and might be true because we have no idea. The absoluteness of his claim is unimportant.

Yes, lets just shitpost useless information because you played the game once and have an expert opinion.

Yes, technically we can't disprove that 98% of red zones clip a player. You are technically correct. You might as well say the white circle is centered on the highest Elo player in game 99% of the time.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Linstar posted:

Yes, lets just shitpost useless information because you played the game once and have an expert opinion.

Yes, technically we can't disprove that 98% of red zones clip a player. You are technically correct. You might as well say the white circle is centered on the highest Elo player in game 99% of the time.
Whether or not the red circle is guaranteed vs just-very-likely or not is what's useless. That isn't a meaningful distinction and you're the one who is asserting it. If you're able to assert something concrete about the distribution, that is interesting. That's my whole point - you're shitposting because you have no idea what the distribution of red circle placement is, you just jumped at the chance to say "that guy is wrong" while the spirit of what he said might well be true.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

I was really hoping they'd make so you could have the game ignore a plugged in controller, but it looks like that isn't happening for at least another update. It's fairly easy to work around via just unplugging the thing, but it's a hassle to go crawl behind/under my desk to get to the dang thing each time I want to play PUBG or Rocket League.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Warbird posted:

I was really hoping they'd make so you could have the game ignore a plugged in controller, but it looks like that isn't happening for at least another update. It's fairly easy to work around via just unplugging the thing, but it's a hassle to go crawl behind/under my desk to get to the dang thing each time I want to play PUBG or Rocket League.

Use a front panel connector, extension cable or a hub?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Can you find a quick way to disable/enable the device in Windows?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Warbird posted:

You can just go to the windows game controllers menu and disable the device. Which will spare you the physical effort.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
A cable extender is your best option. Not only will you have more slack but you can disconnect with ease.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

emanresu tnuocca posted:

You can just go to the windows game controllers menu and disable the device. Which will spare you the physical effort.

I wasn't aware that was a thing in Win10. I'll go fool around with it, thanks! I had messed with device manager, but that required a reboot so it wasn't ideal. USB extenders were viable, but I'm a VR crazy person, so not adding to the cable nightmare that is my office is nice.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Inspector_666 posted:

How is the SVD distinct enough from the SKS to warrant inclusion.

When we have 20 of each type of weapon sure, but at this point there are at least 20 rifles I would prefer as they would be more distinct than the SVD in the current Meta.

Also, gimme the American 180.

Linstar
Apr 21, 2010

Whether or not the red circle is guaranteed vs just-very-likely or not is what's useless. That isn't a meaningful distinction and you're the one who is asserting it. If you're able to assert something concrete about the distribution, that is interesting. That's my whole point - you're shitposting because you have no idea what the distribution of red circle placement is, you just jumped at the chance to say "that guy is wrong" while the spirit of what he said might well be true.

No, reread the chain of comments. Someone said they are sure red circles always clip a player. Someone else told him that's not true evidenced by late game redzones in the blue where it would be impossible for a player to be, thus providing evidence. Then you jumped on shitposting saying it could clip a player 98% of the time opening up the conversation to useless information so that you are technically correct.

We know for a fact red zones are not always on a player, therefore you cannot use redzones as information on player locations. That is the only relevant information.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Og9cqbzXDM

I know. I can't aim. Still he looked pretty sweet!

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Where's my shot pistol.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
I want this shooting range.

https://twitter.com/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/status/866621003350265857

revolther
May 27, 2008

Linstar posted:

Someone else told him that's not true evidenced by late game redzones in the blue where it would be impossible for a player to be, thus providing evidence.
I don't personally think anything about redzones, but what is an example of "in the blue where it would be impossible for a player to be"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

revolther posted:

I don't personally think anything about redzones, but what is an example of "in the blue where it would be impossible for a player to be"?

Late game the circle starts to do so much damage that it's impossible for a player to survive more than a few seconds.

Red zones can appear in areas that it would be physically impossible for a player to be because the amount of damage you'd have to live through to be there is beyond anything you could heal through.

• Locked thread