Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Xpost:

Here is a group of 3 dredds:

3 dredds and a mega dredd:

3 dredds, a mega-dredd and a Gorkanaut type thingy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Not that my painting skills are all that great, but how exactly do Golden Demons work? Is there a North American competition or is it only in Europe?

Speckled Jim
Dec 13, 2008
What seems to be the best way to load out the BAC Contemptor these days? The kheres seems nice, but a multimelta would give me some much needed punch. I'm just concerned about getting into range without dreadnought droppods.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Speckled Jim posted:

What seems to be the best way to load out the BAC Contemptor these days? The kheres seems nice, but a multimelta would give me some much needed punch. I'm just concerned about getting into range without dreadnought droppods.

the FW index has dreadpods, but even so I think that's an awfully expensive chassis for a single multimelta when you could get it so easily elsewhere. I think the Kheres is both better on its own and synergizes better with the storm bolter and the fact that the Contempter pays a lot for its durability and melee killiness so you want it up close anyway. Enough so that I glued mine with the Kheres and didn't bother magnetizing.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Stormravens can carry contemptors, that's how I get mine around. I usually go with the kheres unless I'm severely lacking in anti-tank options in a 1000 pt match.

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

Since both the CSM Lord and Sorceror are unavailable from GW online, and probably because it would be more fun anyways, can I outfit some spare unhelmeted plague marines with the correct wargear to serve as Lords and Sorcerors? They're available to Death Guard and I would like to have the re-rolls on 1s for plasma and access to both Warptime and Prescience from the general psyker discipline while still blending in with the more Nurgle-y aesthetic.

Anything to keep in mind in terms of making them stand out, or generally more acceptable as stand-ins? How do people generally feel about wings standing in for a jump pack?

Agentdark
Dec 30, 2007
Mom says I'm the best painter she's ever seen. Jealous much? :hehe:
I realize that I really dislike the look of current commissars. They look like heros, ready to charge into battle with the men they support. Which is not what I want. I want more of the guy with the riding crop.

I also wish they had a model based on Commisar Sobile from Armor of Contempt. With a Whip.

Speckled Jim
Dec 13, 2008

JoshTheStampede posted:

the FW index has dreadpods, but even so I think that's an awfully expensive chassis for a single multimelta when you could get it so easily elsewhere. I think the Kheres is both better on its own and synergizes better with the storm bolter and the fact that the Contempter pays a lot for its durability and melee killiness so you want it up close anyway. Enough so that I glued mine with the Kheres and didn't bother magnetizing.

Well I'm sold. Kheres it is. Cheers

Speckled Jim fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Jul 25, 2017

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
BOLS claims the Repulsor is going to sell for $80 which is honesly better than I was expected. I figured it would be Land raider + one or more extra sprues, essentially.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Pendent posted:

BOLS claims the Repulsor is going to sell for $80 which is honesly better than I was expected. I figured it would be Land raider + one or more extra sprues, essentially.

Have we seen any pictures of it next to an actual LR? I know its roughly similar in size but I want to know if it will fit in my existing LR foam.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

JoshTheStampede posted:

No one has noticed that Creed and Yarrick are still alive either.

well Creed's part of Trazyn the Infinite's collection as of the fall of Cadia. as for Yarrick, there's these things called augmetics and rejuvenat treatments, maybe you've heard of them

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

Pendent posted:

This is definitely the case, my store takes pre-orders (but not money) early, and it's 80 bucks. 35 for the characters again.

Curious whether there will be an unhelmeted/unhooded chaplain.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
Just to confirm, what is the format for the September trip to Warhammer World? I need to get stuff painted and decide which army to take.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

bonds0097 posted:

This is definitely the case, my store takes pre-orders (but not money) early, and it's 80 bucks. 35 for the characters again.

Curious whether there will be an unhelmeted/unhooded chaplain.

I'm guessing I'll probably pick just one up. There will probably be some variant released at some point, because of course there will, and for the most part I think Primaris Marines do OK on foot. I think the Repulsor is going to be my anti-infantry heavy hitter since it looks like you can pack a pretty hilarious amount of firepower on that hull. Something like 18 s5 ap-1 shots and then if you go all in for the frag launcher option you get another 5d6 s4 shots.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Pendent posted:

I'm guessing I'll probably pick just one up. There will probably be some variant released at some point, because of course there will, and for the most part I think Primaris Marines do OK on foot. I think the Repulsor is going to be my anti-infantry heavy hitter since it looks like you can pack a pretty hilarious amount of firepower on that hull. Something like 18 s5 ap-1 shots and then if you go all in for the frag launcher option you get another 5d6 s4 shots.

The Repulsor has a lot of dakka, but also some of the few heavy weapons Primaris get. I'd probably use a Redemptor for anti infrantry dakka, but that's just me.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I'll be supporting it with Predators for heavy weapons. I really like the sheer amount of shooting the Repulsor can put out.

I just don't think running a pure Primaris army is doable, for better or for worse.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Yeah I plan on supplementing my primaris chapter with probably 1 stormtalon and 1 stormhawk loaded for busting vehicles. You've got to have something.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Pendent posted:

I'll be supporting it with Predators for heavy weapons. I really like the sheer amount of shooting the Repulsor can put out.

I just don't think running a pure Primaris army is doable, for better or for worse.

Yeah, that's true. I was still thinking in terms of new releases, but there's probably current vehicles and maybe even some on-foot units that output heavy fire way better than the Repulsor can.

I don't like the look of having two different-sized marines at once, but it's true that there's nothing lost aesthetically from mixing vehicles.

The Bee fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jul 25, 2017

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I don't think I'm going to bolster my Howling Griffons beyond the Dark Imperium set. I'll probably just use them as allies for my AdMech when I feel like taking them.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

The Bee posted:

Yeah, that's true. I was still thinking in terms of new releases, but there's probably current vehicles and maybe even some on-foot units that output heavy fire way better than the Repulsor can.

I don't like the look of having two different-sized marines at once, but it's true that there's nothing lost aesthetically from mixing vehicles.

I also happen to really like the look of the hover-bradley. I am terrible at this game, meaning that this is frequently a deciding factor in my list building.

E: The only thing I can think of with a similar amount of shooting would be a Land Raider Crusader, and really at this point if you're going to spend the money for a Land Raider you may as well buy the new model.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

Zuul the Cat posted:

I don't think I'm going to bolster my Howling Griffons beyond the Dark Imperium set. I'll probably just use them as allies for my AdMech when I feel like taking them.

Is it the painting requirements?

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
Hey Sex Cannon, you and SRM wouldn't happen to want a roommate for adepticon, would you? Just got the go ahead from the wife about a week late to get my own room.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

dexefiend posted:

Is it the painting requirements?

Nah. I already have a pretty large AdMech army and I still need to get some more stuff for it, plus I have an incoming Orruk Ironjawz army for AoS. I don't have the space, and I wasn't all that stoked about the new Primaris stuff. At most I might get a Redemptor Dread. Cool model.

The painting isn't that bad.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

parabolic posted:

Since both the CSM Lord and Sorceror are unavailable from GW online, and probably because it would be more fun anyways, can I outfit some spare unhelmeted plague marines with the correct wargear to serve as Lords and Sorcerors? They're available to Death Guard and I would like to have the re-rolls on 1s for plasma and access to both Warptime and Prescience from the general psyker discipline while still blending in with the more Nurgle-y aesthetic.

Anything to keep in mind in terms of making them stand out, or generally more acceptable as stand-ins? How do people generally feel about wings standing in for a jump pack?

I kmow this is a standard response, but for real, check eBay. I got my terminator sorcerer from someone's assassinorum and my CSM lord from dark vengeance both new on sprue for like :10bux: total shipped.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

Edit: Turns out Phil (Glacial Geek) kinda has one, but the slaanesh demons he fights against are cringey as all gently caress. Dude modeled tits on his hellbrute. :gonk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-KauOE5I5g

I wish that was the worst thing that particular individual has modeled tits on. That's my local area and i've seen some poo poo

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

The Bee posted:

The Repulsor has a lot of dakka, but also some of the few heavy weapons Primaris get. I'd probably use a Redemptor for anti infrantry dakka, but that's just me.

Honestly with the ability to put out four lascannon shots and all of those frag assault launchers I think it could do both.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

If it's not a pack of daemonettes "riding" slug-vagina-cocks beasts with a banner showing Mona Lisa getting raped by a Keeper of Secrets it don't rate.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Honestly with the ability to put out four lascannon shots and all of those frag assault launchers I think it could do both.

The repulsor definitely feels like an all-in-one monster, yeah. But I worry about having all your AT ability in one model, it's land raider cost without land raider durability because it's 3+ instead of 2+. That's why I'd want to invest the ~400 points into a pair of tank busting flyers.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

chutche2 posted:

The repulsor definitely feels like an all-in-one monster, yeah. But I worry about having all your AT ability in one model, it's land raider cost without land raider durability because it's 3+ instead of 2+. That's why I'd want to invest the ~400 points into a pair of tank busting flyers.

True. Personally I am just trying to go Primaris only, or maybe use other groups that are fun and flavorful.

Just take Rowboat I guess?

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Yeah, I want to do all primaris as well with Thunder Eaters but they're just not a complete army yet. I may as well not show up to games against my Guard friend, he'll drop 3 leman russes at 1000 points. So while I want all the infantry to be Primaris and the dreads to all be Rdemptors, I think you do need to supplement it with a smallmarine predator or stormtalon just to make headway against some lists. If Aggressors had a krak missile option it'd be different.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
Non primaris tanks look just fine still so that's not too big a stretch.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Hencoe posted:

I wish that was the worst thing that particular individual has modeled tits on. That's my local area and i've seen some poo poo

:stare: I bet. So is Phil really a cool dude to play with? He seems super chill and fun.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

I would not be surprised to see a Repulsor eating a LR per turn.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

raverrn posted:

I mean... How?

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

raverrn posted:

I'd be quite surprised. 4 lascannon shots (2 of which have a 24 inch range) is good firepower, but against an LR that's about one failed lascannon save a turn. It takes 4 or 5 failed saves from lascannons to take one down. The krakstorms and other weapons are pretty meaningless against a T8 2+ armor target, maybe you'll squeak an extra wound or two through each turn with them.

A land raider doesn't do much better, I mean. Repulsor takes about 1.5 failed lascannon saves a turn, and takes the same number of failed saves to kill. Plus every three turns you can expect the repulsor to take damage from the multimelta without any save.

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Jul 26, 2017

TwingeCrag
Feb 6, 2007

I got a Phd in Badassery

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

:stare: I bet. So is Phil really a cool dude to play with? He seems super chill and fun.

He's awesome. I played with him while he was in Fairbanks. Super nice dude, and is good at the game.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I like to run a lascannon predator and even with rerolls it's sure not killing a Land Raider per turn.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
Anyone got any experience with Tale of War miniatures? They make some pretty tongue in cheek references to characters from other Mediums.

I would love to paint War from Darksiders 1, and this looks like a decent place to achieve such a thing: https://taleofwar.com/epages/0101d3...ducts/TOWVE0016

Comparison:

My main questions would be: A)are their minis any good? The resin looks fairly on point.

And B) is the scale completely off centre to maybe proxy in as a chaos lord?

Edit: I mostly ask here because I can't find *any* goddamn reviews for this mini online.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
In a non-competitive environment the Repulsor looks fun, in fact all the Primaris stuff looks like a blast, unfortunately I've got a few competitive events that push other things a head of them on my to-do list.

The real issue for Ultramarines and Marines in general is the best point for shooting cost is coming from Razorbacks, dreads, and Devastators. If you are running Guilliman you are forced to run some sort of gun line. I'll be curious to see Aggressots or Hellblasters might be worth taking. Razorbacks cant really capitalize on Ultramarines chapter tactics, so I foresee a shift towards dreads and Devs for Guilliman lists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
I mean, how are devastators capitalizing on a chapter tactic that lets you fall back and shoot? That's really more of a tac marine tactic, fall back and unload flamers into what charged you with your frontline troops. Even if they do get charged, survive, and fall back heavy weapons would be shooting on a 5+.

I think chapter tactics not working on vehicles is overrated. Itd be nice if they did, but vehicles are good enough that they don't need the boost, while marine infantry costs too much IMO and so the chapter tactics are good for them, bringing them up to par.