Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Double Punctuation posted:

I honestly want to know how he stomached making Clarissa. Managing to do that is pretty impressive.

Because Clarissa is the ideal of child sexual abuse. That comic doesn't even remotely cover what it is actually like to be sexually abused. Frankly it is so on the nose it's painful, but not in a good way. Clarissa has an understanding that something is wrong and wants things to stop. That's an agency most abuse victims dream of. It's not realistic beyond it's moral statements. Clarissa is the superhero most abused kids wish they could have been. The realism doesn't shine until people ignore her or say she's being dramatic. It's a simplified version of what actual abuse looks like, and it makes the horror slightly relatable. It is a comic book version of a reality. Clarissa is cleansing if you're an abuse victim because she exemplifies how you want to react to your abuse. It isn't reality. It's a comic book, divorced of reality. Victims of childhood sexual abuse want to be brave and it never works out like you'd think. Clarissa makes this obvious, she's the superhero all abuse victims want.

Abuse isn't as cut and dry as the comic would make you believe. It's almost a farce in that regard. It's correct and all wrong at once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fizzymercy posted:

Because Clarissa is the ideal of child sexual abuse. That comic doesn't even remotely cover what it is actually like to be sexually abused. Frankly it is so on the nose it's painful, but not in a good way. Clarissa has an understanding that something is wrong and wants things to stop. That's an agency most abuse victims dream of. It's not realistic beyond it's moral statements. Clarissa is the superhero most abused kids wish they could have been. The realism doesn't shine until people ignore her or say she's being dramatic. It's a simplified version of what actual abuse looks like, and it makes the horror slightly relatable. It is a comic book version of a reality. Clarissa is cleansing if you're an abuse victim because she exemplifies how you want to react to your abuse. It isn't reality. It's a comic book, divorced of reality. Victims of childhood sexual abuse want to be brave and it never works out like you'd think. Clarissa makes this obvious, she's the superhero all abuse victims want.

Abuse isn't as cut and dry as the comic would make you believe. It's almost a farce in that regard. It's correct and all wrong at once.

:smithicide:

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

fizzymercy posted:

fizzymercy posted:

Clarissa has an understanding that something is wrong and wants things to stop. That's an agency most abuse victims dream of.

A tiny, young human, just learning their way in the world. Everything is new. If ever there is evil, it is in those who take pleasure in corrupting that and "teaching" a child how to be a willing victim as if that is normal.

There is no God, but there is a Devil and its name is Man.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Aleph Null posted:

A tiny, young human, just learning their way in the world. Everything is new. If ever there is evil, it is in those who take pleasure in corrupting that and "teaching" a child how to be a willing victim as if that is normal.

There is no God, but there is a Devil and its name is Man.

Yes. You are extremely correct.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This isn't funny pictures, and now I want to curl in bed and weep.

:smithcloud:

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Oh my god I am so sorry, I didn't realize what thread I was in. I tried to post a happy party lemur but the app won't let me. Google happy party lemur and feel better!

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
PYF Funny Pictures 2.0: Clarissa Explains It All

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
Sorry.

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Don't dox me bro, c'mon!

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Keep posting dude, one of these is bound to be funny eventually

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Keep posting dude, one of these is bound to be funny eventually

trying to get rid of those bad clarissa vibes fam

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
My god...please stop trying?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

somebody please do the needful

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Please just stop Clarissa was more funny BB than your posting

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I laughed at the mom spilling her drink

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Intrinsic Field Marshal posted:

not slightly inaccurate historical facts.

I miss your trivia section.

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Aleph Null posted:

I miss your trivia section.

I was speedposting to move the thread from the Clarissa downer stuff

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Phlegmish posted:

I laughed at the mom spilling her drink

That's abuse and I hope she loses her kid! Ketchup on hot dogs! 10% tips for waiters!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

Intrinsic Field Marshal posted:

I was speedposting to move the thread from the Clarissa downer stuff

I fully approve. That poo poo was both horribly morbid and ultra spergy.