Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steak
Dec 9, 2005

Pillbug
My favorite thing about that election was how Seth kept referring to Obama as like "my man" or "my dude" or something like that for an episode and finally Jonathan asks "why do you keep calling him that?".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I thought that was because they were talking about him when he first became a senator

Markovnikov
Nov 6, 2010

I've been listening to old eps and that is definitely an outro song in an episode.

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

I'm sure here was also an unedited version, with a lot more Jonathan in it than this one has.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
that Jah clip is making me flip out, i can't handle my poo poo watching that

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Carwash oval office posted:

I'm sure here was also an unedited version, with a lot more Jonathan in it than this one has.

Yeah I didn't look very hard but I remember that too.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Brewer's droop

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Sitting here giggling uncontrollably to Jonathon reminiscing over loving to the soundtrack from Last Temptation of Christ.

Although Kiss From A Rose is a straight jam, so nothing wrong there.

E: Jah if you're reading this please put Kiss From A Rose in a future ep TIA

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jul 17, 2017

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Didn't they say that Chicago is like #3 in the country for UYD fans? Why do they keep bouncing off the east and west coasts but ignore Chicago.

They haven't been here in years and I'd love to see them. Every show announcement I hold my breath hoping that they'll come here.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Beastie posted:

Didn't they say that Chicago is like #3 in the country for UYD fans? Why do they keep bouncing off the east and west coasts but ignore Chicago.

They haven't been here in years and I'd love to see them. Every show announcement I hold my breath hoping that they'll come here.

Because they live on West Coast and you can hit like 4 major cities with an small drive in between on the East Coast

Walka Blocka Shame
Apr 30, 2006

This is fine
Doctor Rope
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOkwzbQz6E0

:3:

Walka Blocka Shame fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jul 18, 2017

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009
Mizu!!!

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Seltzer posted:

Because they live on West Coast and you can hit like 4 major cities with an small drive in between on the East Coast

I know this is the practical and correct answer but damnit come to Chicago!

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
They've recently done the far superior Milwaukee so it might be a while

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Seltzer posted:

Yeah but they still haven't come back to Philadelphia, wth brah

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

lol, 10 years ago Jonathan was making pretty much the exact same complaints about refurbished cell phones that he made a few eps ago

i guess that's what happens when you hit 40. your brain starts endlessly recycling stuff

Dr. Wright
Dec 26, 2005

C-Euro posted:

Yeah but they still haven't come back to Philadelphia, wth brah

I saw them in Philly in...2014, I think? They definitely came at least once a few years ago.

edit: oh you said come back. gently caress.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
currently sitting in the 9:30 club waiting for the DC live show to start btw

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Went to their show at the 9:30 club a few years ago and it was really good, though the audio for the podcast got hosed and it's barely listenable.

Spectracide
May 27, 2004
IT'S ARGH, BABY!
DC show was great. Worth listening to just for Seth's story about his Raisin Bran commercial.

H A T T A M
Apr 21, 2016

Spectracide posted:

DC show was great. Worth listening to just for Seth's story about his Raisin Bran commercial.

Is it the story about how he was extremely hungover and buried his face in the bowl? Or a new one.

Phlag
Nov 2, 2000

We make a special trip just for you, same low price.

H A T T A M posted:

Is it the story about how he was extremely hungover and buried his face in the bowl? Or a new one.
That was the gist of it. But the big punchline was that after eating numerous bowls of niacin-supplemented cereal and taking vitamins offered by craft service, he overdosed on niacin and broke out in hives while filming.

Here's the commercial in question (at 10:02):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iimKPlFs1yE&t=602s

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
Show was extremely good. A full fuckin' two hours long, too. I wonder if live shows will be longer to incentivize Patreon donation. I hope so. Line to meet the dudes was crazy long and slow moving so we dipped out and I left a voicemail on my way home thanking them for an excellent show. Definitely gonna listen to it when it goes up. If you for some reason aren't already giving to the Patreon this ep will probably be what converts you. It was really funny.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Best Seth commercial factoid is still the fact that he was in the last commercial to air on CNN before they hard-cut to covering 9/11. It was an insurance commercial or something? It's on YouTube, someone posted it before.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
Lmao at Seth going to play that Brace voicemail but instead it's a random woman saying "Heyyyy Roma"

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Seth romatellis hopeful youth filled face an then a Smash cut to 9/11............ An American story

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsIWPPw-JzU&t=82s
seth video

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
Will this be the first Patreon-only show?

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007
I just read The Disaster Artist, the book by Greg Sestero about the making of The Room. In it, he mentions getting help from an aspiring actor named Seth working at a Kinkos in LA. Could this be Sethro? Has anyone asked him before? I'll call the voicemail if not.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

The only jobs I recall him talking about are letter carrier, video store, weed store

LA has the most aspiring actors per-capita on the planet and seth is such a common name that it'd be a heck of a coincidence

Also that was a pretty great book, it'd probably be a hit for any uyd fan for sure

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007

flesh dance posted:

The only jobs I recall him talking about are letter carrier, video store, weed store

LA has the most aspiring actors per-capita on the planet and seth is such a common name that it'd be a heck of a coincidence

Also that was a pretty great book, it'd probably be a hit for any uyd fan for sure
It's a long shot for sure, but it checked enough boxes for me to think it was possible. And yeah, I read the book in probably two or three sessions. So funny. Can't wait for the movie.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

flesh dance posted:

Also something about being an assistant to a nutritionist or massage alternative health deal

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Jeff Wiiver posted:

It's a long shot for sure, but it checked enough boxes for me to think it was possible. And yeah, I read the book in probably two or three sessions. So funny. Can't wait for the movie.

i wish that book covered the time period between release and when the room became the thing that it is now.

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007

inferis posted:

i wish that book covered the time period between release and when the room became the thing that it is now.
That was the one disappointment, the fact it ended right as the movie premiered. I'm sure there are way more Tommy stories to be told, especially considering he had to have done some crazy mental gymnastics to accept The Room as a "comedy" when he clearly intended it to be a very serious drama.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

i love the tommy wiseau story because he really did achieve his enormous dreams through sheer will.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

he would definitely consider himself the ultimate #1 all-time American-American, gently caress what anyone else has to say about it

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
maybe he is vampire

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

At the rate we're going he'll be our next president.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
lol at the boys getting invited to The International.

I'm not into MOBAs but I'd go if I was invited, I've heard some pretty crazy things about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

C-Euro posted:

lol at the boys getting invited to The International.

I'm not into MOBAs but I'd go if I was invited, I've heard some pretty crazy things about it.

I had to google this because without context it means nothing but why would a gaming tournament invite UYD? Don't quote me on this but I'm almost positive they've bashed on E-Sports before.