Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the Tories' new energy policy – The government hopes investment in battery technology will improve UK productivity"

https://twitter.com/Cartoon4sale/status/888742942818664448/photo/1

Telegraph:

Brussels attacks Liam Fox's 'ignorant' remarks on chlorinated chicken

Independent:

Times:

More than 2,500 products subject to shrinkflation, says ONS

Evening Standard:

Bonus! Timelapse of Adams drawing Theresa May

Mail:
MAC on... Jeremy Corbyn's U-turn on student debt

'Think back, Mr Corbyn. Did you by any chance tell any porkies in the run up to the election?'

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Elephant is foolishly trying to win friendship of MSM dog (who, of course, lives in DNC's yard) by pretending he's in favor of saving Obamacare.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

This cartoon says a lot about Branco's worldview, wow.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Selachian posted:

Elephant is foolishly trying to win friendship of MSM dog (who, of course, lives in DNC's yard) by pretending he's in favor of saving Obamacare.

I've grown to gloss over these things so much that I didn't even recognize that as an elephant. Wow.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Thank you.

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

Branco doesn't have a worldview. He just has talking points.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Turkeyhole Herald, Izmirror, Ottomanhattan Gazette, Cappadoce à moelle :golfclap:

Really neat puns and references there.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

A very Good Eugene Ionesco Cartoon.

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee

Can't quite read the name on #8, but I like the art style. What's the name? Thanks.

#4 So goddamn AGC cliche. The mainstream media is guarding the home of democracy (which is NOT the DNC, they're merely one of the residents) from lying strangers trying to creep over the back of the fence and burgle the place, while Trump stands by and does nothing but bitch.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

LordSloth posted:

Can't quite read the name on #8, but I like the art style. What's the name? Thanks.
Pulitzer Prize winner Matt Davies. That's a link to his gocomics page.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

So did y'all completely miss how a ton of so-called democrats used their supposed support of Bernie Sanders to sabotage Clinton's chances by painting her as Dracula 2000 for not dropping out of the primaries against him? And how those same loud "pro-Bernie" voices just so happen to really hate feminists and make tons of videos about that? I don't think it's a coincidence that that cartoon has a bunch of woman candidates.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Based off this thought process, I now can't imagine a scenario in which Branco doesn't abuse his pets.

dereku
Oct 23, 2010

Open up your senses

The GOP draws MSM's attention away from trump by making people think on obamacare?

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

"To Live And Buy In LA"

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Kelly started his vacation in New Orleans and has passed through Austin, Santa Fe, Las Vegas, Scottsdale, Route 66 and now LA. I pity his family.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

A McCoy I like?!

Madness!

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

Lurdiak posted:

So did y'all completely miss how a ton of so-called democrats used their supposed support of Bernie Sanders to sabotage Clinton's chances by painting her as Dracula 2000 for not dropping out of the primaries against him? And how those same loud "pro-Bernie" voices just so happen to really hate feminists and make tons of videos about that? I don't think it's a coincidence that that cartoon has a bunch of woman candidates.

I did completely miss that and have no idea what you're talking about. If you have some links or something, I wouldn't mind seeing them because right now you come across as talking crazy alternate universe events.

Cape Cod Crab Chip fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jul 25, 2017

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Shangri-Law School posted:

Kelly started his vacation in New Orleans and has passed through Austin, Santa Fe, Las Vegas, Scottsdale, Route 66 and now LA. I pity his family.
The fact he hates most of those places is also very in line with how Kelly would act

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Jeff Sessions looking more like a menacing necromancer than an unsuspecting soon-to-be victim.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

I did completely miss that and have no idea what you're talking about. If you have some links or something, I wouldn't mind seeing them because right now you come across as talking crazy alternate universe events.

Ugh hang on, this is gonna take some digging through the muck.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Abyssal Squid posted:

Jeff Sessions looking more like a menacing necromancer than a racist hobbit.

FTFY

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

There were absolutely a few people who backed Bernie and Trump simultaneously during the primaries and switched to just Trump after the primaries ended. On SA, The Saurus comes to mind as an example (I think he got banned). I don't think that cartoon was about them, though.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

loquacius posted:

There were absolutely a few people who backed Bernie and Trump simultaneously during the primaries and switched to just Trump after the primaries ended. On SA, The Saurus comes to mind as an example (I think he got banned). I don't think that cartoon was about them, though.

I can, and do, believe that, but Lurdiak said "a ton" which implies a significant movement and the way Lurdiak's talking about it, there seems to be a fair amount of disbelief that people would miss it.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Looks like he hosed up his layers. The walkway path is overlaying the playground equipment, even though it's supposed to be in the foreground? Like the path is supposed to be behind it, right? That's why we see the struts in the ground under it?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Here you go

Hey ObamaBoys: Back Off Already! posted:

Yet some female voters have begun to express nearly as much disenchantment with the Obama-mania of their peers as with their Clinton-promoting mothers. And even while they voice dismay over the retro tone of the pro-Clinton feminist whine, a growing number of young women are struggling to describe a gut conviction that there is something dark and funky, and probably not so female-friendly, running below the frantic fanaticism of their Obama-loving compatriots.

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Jul 25, 2017

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Known men Tulsi Gabbard and Nina Turner.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Vib Rib posted:

Looks like he hosed up his layers. The walkway path is overlaying the playground equipment, even though it's supposed to be in the foreground? Like the path is supposed to be behind it, right? That's why we see the struts in the ground under it?

It looks like he's started drawing the top of a fence (see the start of the scene) and then forgotten what he's doing partway through, made Sessions too small in relation to it, and made it into a giant floating gray rectangle that somehow goes behind the house.

e: here's a convenient image for reference:

Angepain fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Jul 25, 2017

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

I can, and do, believe that, but Lurdiak said "a ton" which implies a significant movement and the way Lurdiak's talking about it, there seems to be a fair amount of disbelief that people would miss it.

#NotAllBerniebros

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Angepain posted:

It looks like he's started drawing the top of a fence (see the start of the scene) and then forgotten what he's doing partway through, made Sessions too small in relation to it, and made it into a giant floating gray rectangle that somehow goes behind the house.

e: here's a convenient image for reference:

Ah, so it's still a layering issue, but it's that the building is mistakenly overlaying the fence.
I thought it was supposed to be a sidewalk path that accidentally got layered behind the equipment, but instead it was a fence that accidentally got layered behind the building.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

IMO, people who call Kamala Harris a Republican-lite are focusing on the wrong California Senator.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

loquacius posted:

Now you're reminding me of the happy days in the GOP Primary thread before his campaign picked up enough steam to have actual Trumpkins making GBS threads about.

...and, y'know, before he became president.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

The perspective in this comic is tripping me out.

Also, the optical illusion wall.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Billions of litres of water bought by taxpayers to return to the Murray-Darling river basin environment have allegedly been pumped out by irrigators to grow cotton.

Rowe:

Wilcox:

Zanetti:

Cardinal George Pell has arrived at court for first hearing after charged with multiple historical sexual abuse offences.

Leunig:

Every politician in federal parliament revealed to be a dual citizen, chaos reigns.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
It would be interesting to see what would have happened if Clinton had picked Bernie as a running mate or a cabinet position to try and harness his popularity. No doubt the republican cheerleaders would be drawing her with a hammer and sickle every single day.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Trapezium Dave posted:

Zanetti:

Cardinal George Pell has arrived at court for first hearing after charged with multiple historical sexual abuse offences.

This one is especially galling since Pell spent years covering up sexual abuse within the church, silencing victims and protecting paedophiles and then lieing about it and then refusing to return to Australia for medical reasons when there was a royal commission into the abuse. Pell isn't necessarily guilty of sexual abuse of children but he's a huge piece of poo poo that deserves to be publicly burned at the stake for the years and years he spent enabling it.

gently caress you Zenetti. I'm mad at political cartoons.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Shangri-Law School posted:

IMO, people who call Kamala Harris a Republican-lite are focusing on the wrong California Senator.

Feinstein is basically just like McCain when it comes to foreign policy. I can't wait till she retires.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Well, he finally took a side on an issue, so that's an improvement, I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
"You know why"
"We said so?" Latent misogyny? Because somehow this is a worse option than Trump's bootlickers?
I guess I don't actually know why.

• Locked thread