Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

zen death robot posted:

I'm on ACA insurance right now and my wife needs about $5000/mo in meds so if you're cheering on the ACA's demise you're an extremely selfish rear end in a top hat

And I'm completely uninsured and luckily live in NY where my gf can get free state insurance because we happen to not make as much money as someone in your socioeconomic level, so if you cheer for the existence of the ACA you're an extremely selfish rear end in a top hat

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

lex luthor dr. tom strange

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
This poo poo is so racist

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

"They don't want to use guns, because it's too fast and it's not painful enough."
He's quoting the loving Dark Knight

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
are they putting these girls in a slap chop or something

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Wow, all immigrants are ms13 torturers excellent

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

orange sky posted:

wait, a lesbian sex scene is feminist?

It passes the Bechdel test! :downs:

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
illegal immigrants pls slice n dice me

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Slice and dice is literally from a Batman movie

e: comic first but Trump can't read so

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
He literally just referred to Mexicans undocumented immigrants as animals and bragged about a nationwide crackdown on sanctuary cities

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

GobiasIndustries posted:

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Mariana Horchata posted:

plus it's legal in DC so McCain prob smoked a doobie before heading to the senate

Sadly it's illegal on government property

don't think that stopped Barry O though

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Salt Fish posted:

The united states is finished.

lol what's happening? I'm not watching

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
a young, beautiful,

white

girl

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
https://twitter.com/jeneps/status/889996901386420226

this is what the shattered timeline has brought us

we're all going to die

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i hope ms13 responds to trump

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I'm working hard to imagine how this doesn't translate directly into violence against immigrants

Presence
Jul 29, 2006

GobiasIndustries posted:

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

McGlockenshire posted:

we're all going to die

:yeah:

orange sky
May 7, 2007

This just very, very quickly turned from funny to scary

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Citizen Tayne posted:

lol what's happening? I'm not watching

It's an actual Nazi rally

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

zen death robot posted:

I'll explain it this way to my wife as her disease progresses and cripples her while being denied the medication she had to help slow it down prior to your accelerationist dream that'll end up going nowhere

TBS, like all marines, had his empathy just rammed out anally at boot camp

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

McGlockenshire posted:

https://twitter.com/jeneps/status/889996901386420226

this is what the shattered timeline has brought us

we're all going to die

well, mostly people east of the rockies

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

zen death robot posted:

sorry people gotta die of cancer and poo poo while we send a wrecking ball through healthcare so that maybe in 20 years we can have uhc

yeah basically

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
assisted suicide
they think about dyin all the time
told me they came so close
filled up the bathtub and put on the elevator descent vid

saying Trump make me famous
if you cant
just make it painless

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

orange sky posted:

This just very, very quickly turned from funny to scary

welcome to trump

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

MAKE AMERICA SAFE AGAIN

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Al! posted:

i hope ms13 responds to trump

orange sky
May 7, 2007

That "animals" part ... Ugh, what the hell.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

zen death robot posted:

sorry people gotta die of cancer and poo poo while we send a wrecking ball through healthcare so that maybe in 20 years we can have uhc

we are never getting uhc

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,

zen death robot posted:

poo poo is going to be the same or worse in 20 years and you know it

now is the time to flee the United States for the sake of yourself and your family if you can manage it

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

orange sky posted:

america is racist as gently caress

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

orange sky posted:

Yeah we're straight up back to 1970s rhetoric here

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

remember that the thing they are voting on tonight is simply the first substitute amendment. their MTP was on the AHCA (house bill) so that's currently the text. they were always going to have to pass an amendment to swap in the text of whatever bill they want to pass. the first amendment is the BCRA w/the Cruz Amendment, which will require 60 votes, and will thus fail. then they're going to do a substitute amendment for the ORRA (the 2015 "remove all the funding and none of the regulations" repeal) and that'll fail too. then there's going to be a giant votearama of hundreds (probably thousands) of amendments. then last of all mcconnell is going to introduce an amendment that complete swaps the text for something completely new, nobody knows what, but maybe "skinny repeal." then they vote on final passage of that.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
He could weave the 14 word slogan into this speech anywhere and it would fit right in with the rest of it

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
He's gonna send the actual Army into Chicago

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.

Ekster posted:

MAKE AMERICA SAFE AGAIN

:stare:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

white sauce posted:

And I'm completely uninsured and luckily live in NY where my gf can get free state insurance because we happen to not make as much money as someone in your socioeconomic level, so if you cheer for the existence of the ACA you're an extremely selfish rear end in a top hat

real galaxy brain take here

orange sky
May 7, 2007

zen death robot posted:

A lot of people are already dying of cancer and poo poo because there's no uhc in the USA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

CodeJanitor posted:

you know how people will ask "why didnt the germans see this happening and fight back?"

america is at that point right now

i think we need to all start working on our agreed upon excuses for future generations

In the increasingly desperate situation of 1930, the Nazis managed to project an image of strong, decisive action, dynamism, energy and youth that wholly eluded the propaganda efforts of the other political parties, with the partial exception of the Communists. The cult of leadership which they created around Hitler could not be matched by comparable efforts by other parties to project their leaders as the Bismarcks of the future. All this was achieved through powerful, simple slogans and images, frenetic, manic activity, marches, rallies, demonstrations, speeches, posters, placards and the like, which underlined the Nazis’ claim to be far more than a political party: they were a movement, sweeping up the German people and carrying them unstoppably to a better future. What the Nazis did not offer, however, were concrete solutions to Germany’s problems, least of all in the area where they were most needed, in economy and society. More strikingly still, the public disorder which loomed so large in the minds of the respectable middle classes in 1930, and which the Nazis promised to end through the creation of a tough, authoritarian state, was to a considerable extent of their own making.

Many people evidently failed to realize this, blaming the Communists instead, and seeing in the violence of the brown-uniformed Nazi stormtroopers on the streets a justified, or at least understandable reaction to the violence and aggression of the Red Front-Fighters’ League.

Voters were not really looking for anything very concrete from the Nazi Party in 1930. They were, instead, protesting against the failure of the Weimar Republic. Many of them, too, particularly in rural areas, small towns, small workshops, culturally conservative families, older age groups, or the middle-class nationalist political milieu, may have been registering their alienation from the cultural and political modernity for which the Republic stood, despite the modern image which the Nazis projected in many respects. The vagueness of the Nazi programme, its symbolic mixture of old and new, its eclectic, often inconsistent character, to a large extent allowed people to read into it what they wanted to and edit out anything they might have found disturbing. Many middle-class voters coped with Nazi violence and thuggery on the streets by writing it off as the product of excessive youthful ardour and energy. But it was far more than that, as they were soon to discover for themselves.

• Locked thread