Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

CodeJanitor posted:

you know how people will ask "why didnt the germans see this happening and fight back?"

america is at that point right now

i think we need to all start working on our agreed upon excuses for future generations

In the increasingly desperate situation of 1930, the Nazis managed to project an image of strong, decisive action, dynamism, energy and youth that wholly eluded the propaganda efforts of the other political parties, with the partial exception of the Communists. The cult of leadership which they created around Hitler could not be matched by comparable efforts by other parties to project their leaders as the Bismarcks of the future. All this was achieved through powerful, simple slogans and images, frenetic, manic activity, marches, rallies, demonstrations, speeches, posters, placards and the like, which underlined the Nazis’ claim to be far more than a political party: they were a movement, sweeping up the German people and carrying them unstoppably to a better future. What the Nazis did not offer, however, were concrete solutions to Germany’s problems, least of all in the area where they were most needed, in economy and society. More strikingly still, the public disorder which loomed so large in the minds of the respectable middle classes in 1930, and which the Nazis promised to end through the creation of a tough, authoritarian state, was to a considerable extent of their own making.

Many people evidently failed to realize this, blaming the Communists instead, and seeing in the violence of the brown-uniformed Nazi stormtroopers on the streets a justified, or at least understandable reaction to the violence and aggression of the Red Front-Fighters’ League.

Voters were not really looking for anything very concrete from the Nazi Party in 1930. They were, instead, protesting against the failure of the Weimar Republic. Many of them, too, particularly in rural areas, small towns, small workshops, culturally conservative families, older age groups, or the middle-class nationalist political milieu, may have been registering their alienation from the cultural and political modernity for which the Republic stood, despite the modern image which the Nazis projected in many respects. The vagueness of the Nazi programme, its symbolic mixture of old and new, its eclectic, often inconsistent character, to a large extent allowed people to read into it what they wanted to and edit out anything they might have found disturbing. Many middle-class voters coped with Nazi violence and thuggery on the streets by writing it off as the product of excessive youthful ardour and energy. But it was far more than that, as they were soon to discover for themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:
Sessionsssssss

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Look death is certain, embrace the light of Trump while you can.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

McGlockenshire posted:

https://twitter.com/jeneps/status/889996901386420226

this is what the shattered timeline has brought us

we're all going to die

These motherfuckers drove all over the Detroit area during the goddamn campaign and I loving hope they crash on the highway.

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:
Trump is coming for youuuuuu

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

white sauce posted:

And I'm completely uninsured and luckily live in NY where my gf can get free state insurance because we happen to not make as much money as someone in your socioeconomic level, so if you cheer for the existence of the ACA you're an extremely selfish rear end in a top hat

what

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

white sauce posted:

And I'm completely uninsured and luckily live in NY where my gf can get free state insurance because we happen to not make as much money as someone in your socioeconomic level, so if you cheer for the existence of the ACA you're an extremely selfish rear end in a top hat

hurry up and die along with your idiot grandmother, you worthless cripple

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.
'stopping crime before it happens' trump on the implementing pre-thought-crime

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

He stupid

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

I could you someone being surprised at Trump giving a Nazi speech 12 months ago, but today?

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
Dang video went out on the stream and I felt a pang of optimism for a second lmao but it's back on and it was just video lag

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
This really is among his most racist speeches, which....well uh

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Jabronie posted:

'stopping crime before it happens' trump on the implementing pre-thought-crime

All browns are criminals so killing them is justified. Trump.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

crazy cloud posted:

It's an actual Nazi rally

Hey, guess what?

Every single Trump rally has been a nazi rally. Right from the start. And all future rallies will be nazi rallies.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

NNick posted:

I could you someone being surprised at Trump giving a Nazi speech 12 months ago, but today?

why bother watching it'll kill you before the healthcare bill does

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

trump

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Cool story-

I'm a scuba diver doing environmental work for the state of NY. I dive in remote locations all the time. I got a really bad ear issue last season, and compounded by the fact I was underwater for 30 hours or more every work week it got bad enough I had to see a doc.

I went to a lovely rear end hospital. I'm uninsured. The owner of the scuba business says just send the bill to his address and he'll take care of it instead of sending it to workmans comp. I do that. I get a call months later saying my bill is in collections and now my credit score is hosed for a $200 ear check up and prescription.

I still have an ear infection months later in both ears. I feel myself going deaf sometimes, I check how much it would cost to get health insurance- $700 per month. I still have to pay deductibles and poo poo.

What I'm trying to say is gently caress the current healthcare system

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot

CodeJanitor posted:

you know how people will ask "why didnt the germans see this happening and fight back?"

i think we need to all start working on our agreed upon excuses for future generations

"I was busy shitposting."

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

GobiasIndustries posted:

This really is among his most racist speeches, which....well uh

Yeah he's really stepping it up here

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Oxxidation posted:

hurry up and die along with your idiot grandmother, you worthless cripple

I have to vote for the 2020 elections first, then zoom out back to South America

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

white sauce posted:

I don't have something, better make sure others don't too!

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
lol there isnt enough merit and talent on camera to open a WAL*MART on a monday morning

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

CodeJanitor posted:

"america wanted trump"

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

WoodrowSkillson posted:

These motherfuckers drove all over the Detroit area during the goddamn campaign and I loving hope they crash on the highway.

i have to see it in DC fairly often

fun fact it's called the "Trump Unity Bridge"

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Youngstown is 45% Black but looking at this room...?

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot

white sauce posted:

Cool story-

I'm a scuba diver doing environmental work for the state of NY. I dive in remote locations all the time. I got a really bad ear issue last season, and compounded by the fact I was underwater for 30 hours or more every work week it got bad enough I had to see a doc.

I went to a lovely rear end hospital. I'm uninsured. The owner of the scuba business says just send the bill to his address and he'll take care of it instead of sending it to workmans comp. I do that. I get a call months later saying my bill is in collections and now my credit score is hosed for a $200 ear check up and prescription.

I still have an ear infection months later in both ears. I feel myself going deaf sometimes, I check how much it would cost to get health insurance- $700 per month. I still have to pay deductibles and poo poo.

How much did it cost for the doc to tell u that ur brain is fukked from oxygen deprivation?

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

look at all those fat retards. look at all them celebrating their death and deprivation, look at the grovel and slobber for more suffering at the feet of the very loving animals that put them in that position, utterly pathetic.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

:911: :stonk:

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

not sure how the EU will deal with the imminent wave of US boat refugees

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Mariana Horchata posted:

lol there isnt enough merit and talent on camera to open a WAL*MART on a monday morning

Have you ever tried to defrost doughnuts? Not as easy as pushing a bunch of carts inside.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
The United States Census Bureau's 2011 American Community Survey estimated a median household income of $24,006.[49] A 2007 report by CNNMoney.com stated that Youngstown has the lowest median income of any U.S. city with more than 65,000 residents.[50] Between 1960 and 2010, the city's population declined by over 60%. Youngstown's vacant-housing rate is twenty times that of the national average.[51]

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Mariana Horchata posted:

I bet you this town tops out at like 4 surnames. Looks like the sort of town whose family trees have branches that go back to the trunk

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

white sauce posted:

Cool story-

repealing aca fixes your ear how

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

LegoMan posted:

I don't have something, better make sure others don't too!
Oh, so you oppose class warfare taxes on our most productive citizens? Not an argument! :smug:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
played CKII for a bit, come back and there's a guy giving a speech who's an even bigger rear end in a top hat than my character :stare:

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Joementum posted:

played CKII for a bit, come back and there's a guy giving a speech who's an even bigger rear end in a top hat than my character :stare:

try doing a trump run in ckii

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

white sauce posted:

Cool story-

dont go into the water, bingo bongo so simple

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Joementum posted:

try to get a worse ruler than trump in CK2

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Admiral Ray posted:

try doing a trump run in ckii
Only works in Hearts of Iron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

FactsAreUseless posted:

Oh, so you oppose class warfare taxes on our most productive citizens? Not an argument! :smug:

lol he's a scuba instructor how productive could he be

• Locked thread