Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Night10194 posted:

Don't sell out the US

Hire the Dutch

This

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

1. We don't negotiate with Russians when it will definitely screw us over.
2. Bring in the Dutch, we need all the help we can get.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
1 no
2 yes

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
gently caress Russia
Hell Yeah Dutch

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug

mcclay posted:

gently caress Russia
Hell Yeah Dutch

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
In agreement with the #$#! the Russians and Hire the Dutch

Also, I vote we steal the bears the Russians rode in on too.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

Dr. Snark posted:

Yep, this

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Nyet

Ja

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

Night10194 posted:

Don't sell out the US

Hire the Dutch

Well this might be the easiest vote the LP has ever seen.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I mean let's be fair, there's tons of good mercenary reasons not to do the Russian dance besides MURICA. First: Russia are assholes. Assholes screw you over. Second: The US has power and money. We want power and money. Three: The US is currently politically paralyzed. This means the US military is going to be looking for people without tied hands. People who can dip into that power/money combo they've got by killing some folks for them.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

Night10194 posted:

I mean let's be fair, there's tons of good mercenary reasons not to do the Russian dance besides MURICA. First: Russia are assholes. Assholes screw you over. Second: The US has power and money. We want power and money. Three: The US is currently politically paralyzed. This means the US military is going to be looking for people without tied hands. People who can dip into that power/money combo they've got by killing some folks for them.

Also is bad idea to be known as untrustworthy in the merc field. That reputation could get us killed super hardcore.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
No reason to stab potential customers

Also put the Dutch on retainer because why not

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.

Nick Esasky posted:

As it is, we hold air superiority in the theatre, with both BSNC and Iceberg having maybe 2-3 planes that could be called fighters left. Against that, we have 4 Gripens and 4 Falcons, with 5 Phantoms and 4 Kfirs that can also fill the role, if less capably. We have no major threats in the air unless either the US or Russia starts shooting us and move modern fighters in-theatre, in which case we're screwed even if we get 4-6 emergency reinforcements.

This is true, but point of order, SMARF flies 4th generation fighters and we may well have to fight our way out through them.

Even with all that, we had air superiority last mission and enemy planes still flew right by our helicopters. So we can still gently caress up, especially if Blue Star or Canada Express has something in reserve. Plus, all our Gripens are grounded for the next phase of this mission as we used them all last mission. That "half force" problem isn't going to go away by the time we receive reinforcements.

quote:

As far as unexpected A2G losses go and what they might mean, even beyond whatever multiroles we feel we can spare from CAP, which i feel is a large number, we have 8 Tornados, 2 AMXes, and 2 Mirages specifically meant to move mud, not to mention our various Sovcrap which would LOVE to go and bomb one of those big ol' FOBs or something. With the Mamba proved to be toothless, the Crotales around Savoonga blown up, and the Rolands in the area being unable to shoot munitions inbound to blow them up, i feel like the only real SAM threats are a)The Crotales around Gambell, which are far off from our area of interest; or b) MANPADs, which are going to be a threat wherever we overfly on the island. I could see us taking loses to carelessness or bad luck if we're feeling like hunting for targets below cloud level with Brimstones or Mavericks, but i don't see any ways we take significant losses if we use most of our planes to just drop Paveways/SPICES on things Cobbie says need to go away. After all, wasn't half the point of taking the risks associated with blasting a path to drop Cobbie in last mission the ability for him to find our targets for us instead of us having to gently caress about with Damocles pods in the shittiest of weather?

Anyway, my big point is that we simply don't have a strong enough need for NEW PLANES NOW NOW NOW to start pressing people to get us them on rather short notice or else we don't do things for them. Armtwisting the IAEA for Gripens/Falcons Avaliable Immediately, even if it works, is likely to result in us having to pay out the nose for the things, and the armtwisting associated with getting the planes and getting them to us(tankers will be needed) will likely result in any Eurodiscounts from actually getting the nuke to them being reduced or eliminated. Similarly, opening up a contact with a near-rogue US Admiral with what essentially amounts to "Hi we want to give you intel, plz give us very expensive drone/plane at a base belonging to the guys you want to shoot" seems rather likely to just poison the well if he doesn't just tell us to gently caress off.

I'm all for maybe working with Halsey re: Intel Sharing and putting the Dunkirkers on retainer, but we don't need to gently caress things up by getting greedy for PLANES NOW when there isn't a compelling reason for it.

I would agree that as long as we hold air superiority we control the pace of A2G operations. The only slight problem is if we have to at some point engage the Russian battlegroup, which would be suicide no matter what we have in the air. That thing can swat pretty much every missile we have out of the sky simultaneously, just look at all the systems that can engage "Missile" here. So we have to avoid doing that.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Presuming we have to engage the Russian battelgroup, is it possible to try and bluster and say we have the preserved bodies of Stalin and Lenin and hang them over a giant pit filled with sharks as a possible alternative?

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

wedgekree posted:

Presuming we have to engage the Russian battelgroup, is it possible to try and bluster and say we have the preserved bodies of Stalin and Lenin and hang them over a giant pit filled with sharks as a possible alternative?

Given that Russia hasn't been Communist in quite some time, I doubt they'll really care.

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
What about the remains of Peter and Catherine the great?

Brovine
Dec 24, 2011

Mooooo?
gently caress Russia, but make sweet love with the Dutch. Or something. The analogy doesn't really work.

Roeben
Jul 23, 2013
Don't sell out

Hire the Dutch

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
Dont sell out, hire botes

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

Brovine posted:

gently caress Russia, but make sweet love with the Dutch. Or something. The analogy doesn't really work.

No you were onto something there; marry, gently caress, kill.

Marry the Dutch.
Have a one-night stand with America.
Kill everyone else who tries to cross us.

It's that simple.

PenguinSalsa
Nov 10, 2009
1. Don't sell out.
2. Hire botes.

The botes could pick up Cobbie and friends on their way out.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Don't sell out, hire botes.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

PenguinSalsa posted:

The botes could pick up Cobbie and friends on their way out.

Considering how well that seems to have went for everyone else, I doubt it.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
All right, listen here, jabronis.

First of all, sell the Navy out! We want the conflict to ramp right the gently caress up, because a) it's good for our bottom line, and b) well, I'm bored, brother!

Second of all, bring the boats on side. Then use them as ablative armour in case of any trouble. Hopefully none of them make it out of the theatre and we don't have to pay them.

Stago Lego
Sep 3, 2011

Tevery Best posted:

All right, listen here, jabronis.

First of all, sell the Navy out! We want the conflict to ramp right the gently caress up, because a) it's good for our bottom line, and b) well, I'm bored, brother!

Second of all, bring the boats on side. Then use them as ablative armour in case of any trouble. Hopefully none of them make it out of the theatre and we don't have to pay them.

My god you're insane! :stare:

My choice would be;

No to Russia and "If it ain't Dutch it ain't much!"

Chunky Monkey
Jun 12, 2005
Kill the Gnome!
The bote lobby votes gently caress Russia, hire all the botes.

This message was approved by The Bote Lobby.

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015
Yooper is there any chance that we could have Cobbie's men on the ground inform the Russians about the Americans using captured enemy equipment if we have any or can acquire some. Could we make it look like the BSNC intercepted the transmission and passed it on to the Russians. Maybe include a note asking for Russian support for independence? I mean sure we don't gain any money but if we can start a conflict between Russia and America that could lead to more exciting opportunities for employment.

Also hire the boats I guess? The question is if we do hire them how long are the hired for and will we get our moneys worth out of them?

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.

Dr. Snark posted:

Hear hear.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

koolkevz666 posted:

Yooper is there any chance that we could have Cobbie's men on the ground inform the Russians about the Americans using captured enemy equipment if we have any or can acquire some. Could we make it look like the BSNC intercepted the transmission and passed it on to the Russians. Maybe include a note asking for Russian support for independence? I mean sure we don't gain any money but if we can start a conflict between Russia and America that could lead to more exciting opportunities for employment.

Also hire the boats I guess? The question is if we do hire them how long are the hired for and will we get our moneys worth out of them?

That is quite possibly the worst of all of the retarded "Let's get an island :downs: " plans. The US government is pretty cyclic and, once they've gotten this idiocy out of their system, will want their lovely island back, if for no other reason than to send a message to the rest of the world/US. The Russians are just poo poo all over and will, at some later date, gently caress us and take the island anyway. A conflict between Russia and the US benefits the respective MICs and that's about it.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

While I agree it's a terrible plan, keep in mind we are the MIC. Just, like, the Swedish one.

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jul 26, 2017

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015

Coffeehitler posted:

That is quite possibly the worst of all of the retarded "Let's get an island :downs: " plans. The US government is pretty cyclic and, once they've gotten this idiocy out of their system, will want their lovely island back, if for no other reason than to send a message to the rest of the world/US. The Russians are just poo poo all over and will, at some later date, gently caress us and take the island anyway. A conflict between Russia and the US benefits the respective MICs and that's about it.

What made you feel like i said this was a get our on island plan? My whole idea was to start a war between Russia and America with the hope of it creating more hiring opportunities for us Mercs. Try reading and understanding what I wrote instead of coming up with something different.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
If we do start a war, let's not literally be caught in the middle between the opposing nation's.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Let's just not start a war between nuclear armed nations. Seems simplest.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

sniper4625 posted:

Let's just not start a war between nuclear armed nations. Seems simplest.

Fixed.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

1. The Bear can get it's own set of goddamned coordinates! We will keep this honey pot safe at all costs!

2. They're better sailors than us right now, so of loving course! Always wanted to visit Holland one of these nights...bee-tee-dubs, if any of these fuckers have a sister (or twelve), I call first dibs! It's been six weeks since my last leave and dammit, I don't want you bastards screwing this up for me!

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

The success of our company thus far has been almost entirely a result of a nuclear war, so I don't think it can be condemned outright. We just need the right kind of nuclear war.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nuking Ivan has always been a righteous pursuit.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Consider the US search grid to be safe. The US Navy will operate in that area and attempt to interdict the Russian battlegroup.

Our fine Dutch friends are holding position and awaiting our orders. They seem a bit nervous, especially when Jack started texting them nudes. I'm not really sure why. Just, :jack:.

In the next few days I'll get a mission pack together and we can start the planning. We're down a few planes due to previous usage. You'll also be able to define Cobbies goals, secure airfields, scout the area for a nuke, strike at BSNC, strike at Iceberg, etc. Our troop assets are limited so we can't do it all. There will also be a civilian jet flying south of our AOO that could use a fly by.

More details to come!

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Dibs on the fly-by near the civvie jet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Black Thursday was a disaster, plain and simple.
We lost too many good people, too many planes.
We can't let that kind of tragedy happen again.
Hell no to the Russians
Yea to the Dutch