Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

SUMMON THE LOLZ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

XK posted:

Video editor. Weird position to throw someone on screen for.

They also roped their facilities manager (a black woman) into the videos for a while, perhaps as a response to particularly scandalous allegations from the Escapist.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

D_Smart posted:

He's not a programmer. He is an art guy. Why he's heading a studio of engineers in Germany? No loving clue. But if I were to guess, I'd say loyalty, and the probability that his involvement in art movies and such, which have been the main focus of the project, probably has something to do with it.

But a huge scoop is what prompted my earlier tweets to him. I am still waiting for further clarification before I go any further. Regardless, I'm not going to spill the beans until the day before GamesCon (Aug 22).

Not just "a studio" of engineers, Derek. This is "The Studio" cited for all the ground breaking development. The Frankfurt studio has been cited for so much, probably because of the language barrier. It's pretty ground shaking that an animation/cutscene guy, as experienced as he could possibly be, is running the fundamental engine and technology studio.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

XK posted:

lol she just got a little over invested in the drama, and wandered into the realm of cringey. She got a week probation, and apparently took it as a personal affront and never posted again, and bootcha has only ever very rarely posted afterwords.

On the leash, Bootcha.

Taking probations/bans worse than Derek, lol.

She'd totally be welcome back. A probation is no biggy. Just chill on threatening people, and relax into just posting.

Edit: Her posts were heavily "my boyfriend" oriented, which kind of made things awkward for everyone.

A probation is like a Participation Trophy in this thread lol.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

boviscopophobic posted:

They also roped their facilities manager (a black woman) into the videos for a while, perhaps as a response to particularly scandalous allegations from the Escapist.

Yeah, she's gone. Is Money still there?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Things she's arrived at

1) The entire thing is being reworked for 3.0 essentially rendering the entire alpha process so far useless
2) Delta patcher still doesnt exist and its being used as an excuse by CIG to not actually do proper alpha testing of systems
3) CIG is marketing every single part of the alpha testing experience and not actually conducting any testing
4) No content has been released for nearly 8 months
5) This is all the fault of the Derek Smarts and naysayers of the world

This is the type of people still being bamboozled by CIG.

Did she explain why she thinks 5) is true?

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

D_Smart posted:

Yeah, she's gone. Is Money still there?

I asked this a short while back and apparently yes, he is still there

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Mirificus posted:

It was more in the context of "I know you can't release things for us to test until they are perfect because of the naysayers, but boy howdy I sure wish you'd let us test poo poo."

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Mirificus posted:

Because detractors somehow influence CIG to stop doing more constant patches. Like because we point out how poo poo everything is CIG just clams up and doesn't release things anymore unless they are big so they can get the media behind them.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Beet Wagon posted:

It was more in the context of "I know you can't release things for us to test until they are perfect because of the naysayers, but boy howdy I sure wish you'd let us test poo poo."

Oh I forgot, can you kayak me for six? I missed out on the last round.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Oh I forgot, can you kayak me for six? I missed out on the last round.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Okay but just this once. The risk that I'll shame myself by loving up the image tags again is too high.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I used to laugh at Messi, but now my eyes just sort of glaze over at his posts, he's really gone off the loving deep end. Which is saying something because he started by talking about wanting to punch Derek Smart in the dick lol

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

XK posted:

Not just "a studio" of engineers, Derek. This is "The Studio" cited for all the ground breaking development. The Frankfurt studio has been cited for so much, probably because of the language barrier. It's pretty ground shaking that an animation/cutscene guy, as experienced as he could possibly be, is running the fundamental engine and technology studio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8miwsWtzRw

How hard can it be?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Stop pushing two narratives, everyone. And don't dare shoehorn in a third. I'm looking at you, Derek.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Just reading over this again, it's completely crazy. This person needs to be a paid astroturfer, otherwise they are completely nuts, and need professional mental health care.

quote:

So CR didn't said hope... but the sentiment is the same ... "thats our goal" it's not a set date like you like think and trying to push. But my point still holds up ... you did Gloss over somethings while accusing me of glossing and now accusing me of mental gymnastics and dishonesty. Riiiight While you in vein attempt to push a mr smart agenda of "delivery dates" gotcha rhetoric so (try) to discredit my mockery of his "As Pitched" rhetoric ... hahaha! Seems like you're the one who's projecting mental gymnastics and dishonesty.

This is total insanity. Actual word salad.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Beet Wagon posted:

A probation is like a Participation Trophy in this thread lol.

I feel left out. :(

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

...at least he hires the people who may be able to make it happen.

What a ringing endorsement.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
them drat publishers with their loving bullshit things like "release dates" and "finished games" and "realistic goals"

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
drat publishers get off my lawn!!

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

TheAgent posted:

them drat publishers with their loving bullshit things like "release dates" and "finished games" and "realistic goals"

We can only thank Roberts that Roberts has finally arrived to deliver us from all of that.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

TheAgent posted:

Heard one of em say "gameplay" once. :barf:

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

I'm pretty sure the game wont be coming out

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

D_Smart posted:

GamesCom is Aug 22-26th

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

XK posted:

Just reading over this again, it's completely crazy. This person needs to be a paid astroturfer, otherwise they are completely nuts, and need professional mental health care.

This is total insanity. Actual word salad.

I thought I was just too tired to read it. I guess it really doesn't make much sense. Poor guy.

You okay, man?

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Oh word

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
http://i.imgur.com/00sOtZB.gifv

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
man the joke was 2 weeks and now I had to spell it out and it's not funny goddamn and now I need to get back to programming because I only have like 2 weeks to release this poo poo

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
uh what the gently caress is a variable or whatever and a setvar holy poo poo what is this demon language

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Jesus Christ I have become ulililililia

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Malachite_Dragon posted:

There's a bit of fuckery going on at Square Enix regarding FF14 right now, though; apparently they've hiked up the rates for non-NA subscriptions something fierce and people are pissed about it. I'm talking like up to 320% more a month.

I'm still getting 11 euros/month?

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017
When I was still a backer, I had this idea for a troll guild. RP guild as a cult of rock worshippers. Asteroid fields would be our sacred grounds, like those garden of kadesh aliens had in homeworld. Miners trying to desecrate our holy lands must be punished. Is this possible in ED?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

TheAgent posted:

$runspeed = $stride*($footsize/$velocity)*$fatiguemodifier/$jumpheight

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Warhawk109 posted:

When I was still a backer, I had this idea for a troll guild. RP guild as a cult of rock worshippers. Asteroid fields would be our sacred grounds, like those garden of kadesh aliens had in homeworld. Miners trying to desecrate our holy lands must be punished. Is this possible in ED?

Just play the 1979 game Asteroids and shoot the spaceships instead of the rocks.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Ghostlight posted:

$runspeed = $stride*($footsize/$velocity)*$fatiguemodifier/$jumpheight
what have I becommmmeeeeeeeeeeeee

*pats down a cheese pizza with an entire roll of paper towels*

fuuuuuuuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Lazrin posted:

let me guess, in 2 weeks. or 90 days. i get them mixed up.

2 weeks is 14 days...

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Beet Wagon posted:

Okay but just this once. The risk that I'll shame myself by loving up the image tags again is too high.

GET A LOAD OF THAT DOG!

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

D_Smart posted:

But a huge scoop is what prompted my earlier tweets to him. I am still waiting for further clarification before I go any further. Regardless, I'm not going to spill the beans until the day before GamesCon (Aug 22).

That's your call uncle D, but if someone else drops it before you do, don't come running to us saying you called it. If you want to call it, call it now and call it clearly.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Imagine for a moment that Derek Smart does not exist.

Star Citizen still isn't released.

Nothing Derek has done has slowed down the release of... anything. The only thing Derek has done is accelerate it.

Remember when CIG released Alpha 2.0 where you could finally play the loving game? It would crash when people did the simple act of joining a server. Or if you clicked fhe wrong option. Or if you accidentally touched a ship improperly. Or if you walked in a straight line for more than 5 seconds. Yet you scum suckers still have the audacity to claim this project is worth the 160 million that has been lining this golden casket that will eventually contain the single most disappointing venture in video game history.

Never will another product promise so much, with so little, only to be given the keys to the kingdom and promptly set ablaze to watch it all die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

TheAgent posted:

You're the platform master ?