Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Agean90 posted:

if the state and local parties cant win elections then theres no reason for them to exist, and since the dems cant win national level elections welp

campaigns do not need to be run through state and local parties. they only exist because they are legally required to exist, and they are useful to funnel federal money through in order to fund certain exempt programs like gotv.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
it's gonna be cute when senile president sanders stars signing things "bernie bernie"

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

deadgoon posted:

it's gonna be cute when senile president sanders stars signing things "bernie bernie"

bernie's gonna be nice and healthy in 2020

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
there are *some* exceptions (i have worked with a few very good organizations), but by and large local parties are organizations that spend 3 weeks trying to organize a county fair booth, and then another two weeks of mutual recriminations over no one showing up to man the county fair booth.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

deadgoon posted:

itll be cuter when he loses again

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Concerned Citizen posted:

campaigns do not need to be run through state and local parties. they only exist because they are legally required to exist, and they are useful to funnel federal money through in order to fund certain exempt programs like gotv.

nice words, shame they dont mean anything. Also your a know nothing yankee fuckass whos head is shoved so far into his rear end you only hear the sound of your own voice reflected off your small intestine and take that for agreement.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

i am well aware of the consequences of local elections, that does not mean the route to winning those local elections is through state and local parties.

lol

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
logikv9 please train CC to the radical centrism thread TIA

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

its funny too because he then points out problems with local parties and never considers some nationwide push to fix them.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Scent of Worf posted:

logikv9 please train CC to the radical centrism thread TIA

better yet, the DSA thread.

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Scent of Worf posted:

bernie's gonna be nice and healthy in 2020

yeah but what about 2034 when he's hafway through his fourth term

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Agean90 posted:

nice words, shame they dont mean anything. Also your a know nothing yankee fuckass whos head is shoved so far into his rear end you only hear the sound of your own voice reflected off your small intestine and take that for agreement.

man you're an angry drunk

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Matt Zerella posted:

better yet, the DSA thread.

what has the dsa thread done to deserve that, though?

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
im glad we have democratic defeatism personified itt

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Agean90 posted:

its funny too because he then points out problems with local parties and never considers some nationwide push to fix them.

there is no fixing them. they are broken institutions. if you fund them, they will waste the money. if you train them, they will not listen. local parties are obsolete and no longer necessary, they are basically hang out clubs. basically the surest sign that someone will never knock a door or make a phone call is that they are a member of the local party, especially if they have some sort of title.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

there is no fixing them. they are broken institutions. if you fund them, they will waste the money. if you train them, they will not listen. local parties are obsolete and no longer necessary, they are basically hang out clubs.

Donkwich posted:

im glad we have democratic defeatism personified itt

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

monday night and i'm in the suck zone don't believe me just watch

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

there is no fixing them. they are broken institutions. if you fund them, they will waste the money. if you train them, they will not listen. local parties are obsolete and no longer necessary, they are basically hang out clubs. basically the surest sign that someone will never knock a door or make a phone call is that they are a member of the local party, especially if they have some sort of title.

hahahahahahahahahahaa

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I mean I can see where he's coming from because Floridas state party is such a shitshow that it made me almost quit politics

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
the FL dems looked at trump winning and put a racist billionaire in charge because the FL dems are that tweet about getting more racist.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Venom Snake posted:

the FL dems looked at trump winning and put a racist billionaire in charge because the FL dems are that tweet about getting more racist.

isn't that the guy ellison endorsed

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
the reason why CC makes ur tum-tum feel so bad is hes rite

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
the reason why ofa was founded is because local parties are so broken that it was considered easier to simply ignore them and create an independent activist organization not beholden to local parties that were often openly hostile to the idea of actually trying to talk to voters. ofa disappeared up its own rear end but the essential truth remains that outside activist organizations are vastly more effective at basically any given task than local parties, which are and always will be, by and large, useless.

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
um if u want to talk to voters get a twitter account

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

i judge all potential candidates by their twitter game

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

UHD posted:

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

the reason why ofa was founded is because local parties are so broken that it was considered easier to simply ignore them and create an independent activist organization not beholden to local parties that were often openly hostile to the idea of actually trying to talk to voters. ofa disappeared up its own rear end but the essential truth remains that outside activist organizations are vastly more effective at basically any given task than local parties, which are and always will be, by and large, useless.

so what your saying is that on multiple occasions democrat party apparatuses have dissapeared up their own rear end, more are doing so (DCCC!) and at no point has anybody with all those national assets and money every tried to figure out why and prevent it from happening :thunk:

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

UHD posted:

by the standard of twitter snark, jason kander is the 2020 frontrunner

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

UHD posted:

isn't that the guy ellison endorsed

I have no idea I tuned out of FL politics because I was on the verge of running screaming naked into the swamp

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
lmao if u read cc's post

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Venom Snake posted:

I have no idea I tuned out of FL politics because I was on the verge of running screaming naked into the swamp

you should have done it while fl still has swamps

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Venom Snake posted:

florida has a miasma of stupid surrounding it that is unmatched anywhere else in the south east its honestly horrifying.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
This is just sexist Bernie Bros trying to target a progressive female figure to deflect away from their old man god's own bank collusion.

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
:tif:

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

UHD posted:

you should have done it while fl still has swamps

there was a period of months during spring this year where it was 0% humidity and while it was fun that the heat wasn't so oppressive it was bad in that everything was on fire and dying. essentially without the swamps/flora holding the state together its literally going to fall apart

Agean90 posted:

florida has a miasma of stupid surrounding it that is unmatched anywhere else in the south east its honestly horrifying.

it sucks because while I have the luxury of just coming up the VA to enjoy a moderately less completely retarded state party there are lots of hard working people essentially trapped in political hellzone

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Scent of Worf posted:

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/890038232154615808

remember last year when THE EMAILS revealed all the widespread corruption and favoritism within the DNC but we had to sweep it all under the rug because donald loving trump wasn't actually the joke candidate everyone thought he was? :allears:

lmao missed this while fufilling my monthly "earnestly interact with bad succ zoners" quota ahahahahhahalkshdfa dakndflkasndv

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

ah yes the widespread corruption uncovered by the emails, who can forget. like the folder titled 'pay to play' that was actually a gop oppo file, or the random guy who said a mean thing about bernie

or the ethical "debate" about the propriety of hillary meeting saudis when they're paying her husband massive speech fees

or the emails that detailed the clinton foundation staffers' concerns about bill's grifting for furniture & travel

or the massive worksheet that broke out all the poo poo hillary had said in her paid speeches to wall st. that might (rightfully) sink the campaign

or the media requests for puff pieces (questions known ahead of time) and the lists of media lapdogs most anxious to comply

it might not have all risen to the level of political corruption but it sure rose to the level of political rot.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

:ssh: You send a guy over to monitor things getting done and sign off on the cheques. It's what some companies have to do for outsourcing to make sure the outsourcer doesn't gently caress them over. If they don't meet the stuff then fund starting a new state branch and remove federal DNC funding from the branch that is full if poo poo

Bing bong simple :smugdon:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

This is some bitter as gently caress posting for a Tuesday night, CC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Venom Snake posted:

there was a period of months during spring this year where it was 0% humidity and while it was fun that the heat wasn't so oppressive it was bad in that everything was on fire and dying. essentially without the swamps/flora holding the state together its literally going to fall apart

it sucks because while I have the luxury of just coming up the VA to enjoy a moderately less completely retarded state party there are lots of hard working people essentially trapped in political hellzone

the best part is that florida gets enough migrants that you cant just go lmao the south, thats stupid from every part of the us :911

• Locked thread