Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

the talent deficit posted:

folding is easy. getting a lump of clothes from the dryer into a state where they are foldable is really hard

Yeah, that's definitely the hard part. Feel free to pitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Smith
Feb 26, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

More ablest than racist. I need to get my buddy John Smith in here to back me up.

And because TB is gone, I can post graphical data showing that since the great recession, more and more Americans are considering themselves "disabled" and electing not to participate in the labor force.

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/LNU05074597
What's up, fellow far right extremist?

I think it is fine that she refuses to work, since she had arranged for a provider. However, it is a bad idea to entirely rely on this arrangement not eventually falling.

Haifisch posted:

The original PF post got deleted, but the legaladvice thread is still up:

Dad made a stupid mistake (x-posted to personal Finance) (self.legaladvice)

Committing identity theft & credit card fraud against a lawyer: Probably BWM.
His cellmates will soon teach pop the value of honesty.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Subjunctive posted:

Yeah, that's definitely the hard part. Feel free to pitch.

Pitch the clothes in a corner, unfolded, right?

Also I keep meaning to PM you my dumb idea agh remembering things is hard gently caress poo poo drat

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Is this that "folding@home" thing that was popular a few years ago?

Lysandus
Jun 21, 2010

Haifisch posted:

The original PF post got deleted, but the legaladvice thread is still up:

Dad made a stupid mistake (x-posted to personal Finance) (self.legaladvice)

Committing identity theft & credit card fraud against a lawyer: Probably BWM.

You'll never guess what they spent the money on!

https://www.reddit.com/r/bestoflegaladvice/comments/6p937q/so_to_teach_sister_a_lesson_my_dad_took_out_a/dkohk0l/ posted:

My mom showed me the receipts (they were going to repay her before all this happened) and they are all, 100%, for things like horse feed (we have horses), diapers and food for my brothers kids, and repairs to my dad's truck (which is 12 years old). ]

Good Parmesan
Nov 30, 2007

I TAKE PHOTOS OF OTHER PEOPLE'S CHILDREN IN PLANET FITNESS
Bad With Money: (we have horses)

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

quote:

The last straw was two years ago. She brought home someone my parents could never except. I think she did it just to piss them off, and boy howdy did she succeed! I've never in all my 21 years seen my dad that mad.

This is so vague, I want to know more. Was this a centaur, maybe?

Also

quote:

My dad is real interested in politics, and she would be little him

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Nail Rat posted:

This is so vague, I want to know more. Was this a centaur, maybe?

Also

Dad is being littled over his politics and doesn't "accept" the boyfriend, the boyfriend is definitely just "a black guy"

Hoodwinker
Nov 7, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

loving underrated comment of the year right here.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Probably a black dude. Or a woman. Or a black woman. Or a black trans, that's like 10x bonus points.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

ate all the Oreos posted:

Dad is being littled over his politics and doesn't "accept" the boyfriend, the boyfriend is definitely just "a black guy"

Digging through the OP's comments, he said "they're not racist at all but they have their opinions" :downs: so I think you're right

Hoodwinker
Nov 7, 2005

Nail Rat posted:

Digging through the OP's comments, he said "they're not racist at all but they have their opinions" :downs: so I think you're right
Yeah, buddy. Opinions. Racist opinions. That's how that works.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

I'm voting for something even more benign than a different race or same gender. Like they're protestant and she brought home a catholic guy, or she brought home a redhead fully well knowing her father couldn't accept someone who has NO SOUL :ghost:

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

Solice Kirsk posted:

they only ever got that to work on jeans

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Solice Kirsk posted:

You used to be able to order currency with credit cards from the federal reserve to do this as well. They stopped that a long time ago though.
It actually worked with the Fed, too. No fees. wash.io charged enough fees that you had to be churning to hit incredibly absurd levels of credit card rewards to actually turn a profit.

Source: buddy on another forum used to do it with the Fed mail order for CC rewards.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

monster on a stick posted:

For a second I thought I saw they had budgeted diapers for horses

Freckles has IBS and it makes him even more scared of ants. He needs diapers to take care of the mess.

the talent deficit posted:

they only ever got that to work on jeans
:eyepop:

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Seems legit.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

That's not a bitcoin!

ego symphonic
Feb 23, 2010

Pump and dump

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Nail Rat posted:

That's not a bitcoin!

Yeah, too much liquidity.

Hoodwinker
Nov 7, 2005

Nah no thanks I'm gonna wait for Super Bitcoin 64 to come out.

Sepherothic
Feb 8, 2003

https://www.iraengine.com/

quote:

IRAengine provides you with a way to invest your retirement money into alternatives
Bitcoin, Ethereum
P2P Lending
Crowd Real Estate
Crowd Equity

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

"Crowd Equity?" Like a mutual fund?

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Solice Kirsk posted:

Think Fig's "invest in this Doublefine game and share in the hefty profits of an indie studio"

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Yeah, I just read up on it and it's just less regulated crowdfunding. Don't remember them getting rid of the income restrictions last year, but I'm sure it will be in my CE at some point.

Ixian
Oct 9, 2001

Many machines on Ix....new machines
Pillbug

Solice Kirsk posted:

More like "so you start at this wide base here, and the further you go up the narrower it gets and the more you make! Like a pyramid, the strongest structure ever designed by man!"

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Solice Kirsk posted:

Yeah, I just read up on it and it's just less regulated crowdfunding. Don't remember them getting rid of the income restrictions last year, but I'm sure it will be in my CE at some point.

It's different from crowdfunding in that you get equity out of the arrangement. What you get in Fig's case is really just profit sharing, not equity in the studio.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Oh sorry, I was talking about equity crowdfunding which used to have fairly rigid income restrictions (apparently up until last year). Out of all the things listed there, that may be the one I'd consider using retirement funds for.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Crowd Real Estate is just timeshares right?

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Youth Decay posted:

Crowd Real Estate is just timeshares right?

Some real estate crowd funding platforms are legit limited partnership units, but there is some adverse selection of projects in that the projects that hit platforms are ones where the developer couldn't convince a bunch of doctors and dentists to invest in their totally surefire project.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

LLCoolJD posted:

Seems legit.

Questions are always legit.

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.

LLCoolJD posted:

Seems legit.

I agree, this "SuperBitcoin" will definitely explode, meaning it will turn into worthless, unrecognizable trash, possibly causing a lot of damage in the process.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
More like a tiny puff of smoke and a damp fart sound

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Well this is a new perspective on an old story:

I signed a lease and forged my mothers name on the lease documents. Is she liable for payments now?

quote:

Hello. I signed a lease for an apartment last year and I needed to get a co-signer. I foolishly forged my mothers signature on the paperwork. Long story short, I am now going to default on the lease and the landlord is going to go after my mother for the terms of the lease.
I know what I did was stupid, but I don't want my mom to be liable. I don't care what happens to me, I will admit I forged the signature and that she had no idea that I put her name on there. What should I do?
Edit: We are located in Illinois

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Well at least they seem to want to own up to it (though we'll see how long that lasts when they find out the result is probably "serious fraud charges") :unsmith:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
https://www.kfclimited.com/ProductDetail.aspx?did=28027&pid=224147&logoid=0
For $76 you can buy a FRIED CHICKEN USA sweatshirt.

They've sold enough of them that they are on backorder

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

canyoneer posted:

https://www.kfclimited.com/ProductDetail.aspx?did=28027&pid=224147&logoid=0
For $76 you can buy a FRIED CHICKEN USA sweatshirt.

They've sold enough of them that they are on backorder

This belongs in the GWM thread

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
That's a nice lookin piece of apparel, honestly.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

Thank you for providing me with my newest bedroom accessory.

The Dream Colonel Pillowcase
https://www.kfclimited.com/ProductDetail.aspx?did=28027&pid=220501&logoid=0

Teeter fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jul 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I find the whole forced-~viral~ nature of it really repugnant, like that Steve Buchemi HOW DO YOU DO FELLOW KIDS? picture

Also one of the products is apparently a $20,000 meteorite that they melted down (ruining the rare Widmanstätten patterns) and cast into the shape of their lovely chicken sandwich which is a horribly disgusting waste of a meteorite

e: Since I last looked at it apparently someone actually bought the loving meteorite, ugh