Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

This is some intergalactic brain poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
TJ Miller’s been acting really overly enthusiastic about his role in this, and then this happened which made me think he is just preparing the world for the Shittiest Movie Ever by openly having a laugh during the press tour.

https://mobile.twitter.com/punishedhag/status/888222306119467012

[He takes an enormous bite of pizza.]

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Literally hating the laughter of children.

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013

Inescapable Duck posted:

Maybe I'll see this movie after all.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

small brain: the handmaid's tale
medium brain: emoji movie <- you are here
large brain: minions
galactic brain: boss baby

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Lol

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

MizPiz posted:

This is some intergalactic brain poo poo.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

gently caress they deleted that tweet. They really should have kept it. It's hilarious.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

the bitcoin of weed posted:

my favorite part of that is tiffany trump searches apparently being much more common than ivanka. at least someone is thinking of her :unsmith:

faildaughter fetish

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

The Emoji Movie... good?

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos

the bitcoin of weed posted:

i'm the bojo searches

small brain: go back in time and kill hitler
galaxy brain: print this on leaflets, go back in time, and distribute them in San Francisco in 1998

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

1982 Subaru Brat posted:

small brain: go back in time and kill hitler
galaxy brain: print this on leaflets, go back in time, and distribute them in San Francisco in 1998

To be honest I would probably just go back in time and win the lottery

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
what gets me is that poster isn't a joke or anything, any joke you read into it is kind of insulting because they put no effort in whatsoever... and it doesn't take any work to at least make it into a pun on the handmaiden's tale if they wanted to actually make a drat joke somewhere, using their own characters

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Inescapable Duck posted:

children might laugh at something problematic and have their little brains effected, they must be purged off all harmful media and must correct think.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

That's really good.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Hodgepodge posted:

i'm actually okay with this, mostly because masculinity is axe's normal stomping grounds so seeing it be non-toxic isn't so bad

pro-tip "toxic masculinity" isn't real.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Celery Jello posted:

TJ Miller’s been acting really overly enthusiastic about his role in this, and then this happened which made me think he is just preparing the world for the Shittiest Movie Ever by openly having a laugh during the press tour.

tj miller just wants money at this point

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Peanut President posted:

That's really good.

:wtc:

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

If you don't think that's amazing then I don't know what to tell you.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
I don't care one way or the other about that tweet but I hope the emoji movie bombs just because it may spell the end of sony pictures, the company behind masterpieces like Smurfs, Jack and Jill and the upcoming Jumanji movie everyone was asking for.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

You what

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

hot take thread is thataway

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

thank you

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

The handmaids tale cosplay ppl are weird and this makes them mad so it's good.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!

mike cernovitch presents a powerful argument otherwise

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

lol

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
~sewerwave~

Baloogan has issued a correction as of 07:15 on Jul 26, 2017

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos
Perhaps what he meant to say is that radical feminist rhetoric exaggerates the amount of deliberate misogyny in society, egged on by a corrupt media that profits from stirring up outrage and wants to be sure women don't blame capitalism for their problems. Is that what you meant to say, guy? Yes, it is, right? (Just nod dummy)

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

1982 Subaru Brat posted:

Perhaps what he meant to say is that radical feminist rhetoric exaggerates the amount of deliberate misogyny in society, egged on by a corrupt media that profits from stirring up outrage and wants to be sure women don't blame capitalism for their problems. Is that what you meant to say, guy? Yes, it is, right? (Just nod dummy)

holy poo poo someone finally nailed it.

Yeah the vibe I get from quite a few of those in that culture is their reluctance to blame the problems of capitalism and just deflecting those onto that particular brand of feminism.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

so apparently last month the supreme court ruled companies can trademark whatever the gently caress they want because free speech. i'm not sure how free speech is a right companies deserve wrt getting government protection for a brand, but whatever. the law that was overturned disallowed the trademark of offensive terms, so capitalists are now trademarking stuff like swastikas. one company has a mission to battle racism with their new brand though....

quote:

Steven Maynard, a Virginia consultant who helps others obtain trademarks, started Snowflake Enterprises with several investors to apply for offensive trademarks after the court ruled.

The company has submitted applications to trademark a version of the N-word to appear on clothing, hard liquor and beer, and intends to turn the slur into a brand, Maynard said in an interview. The company has a dedicated website.

Maynard, 50, said he is not racist but believes that saturating the market with such epithets can rob them of their racist connotations. The idea is to spark discussion and turn "hate into hope," he said in a phone interview.

finally white business is able to cleanse the stigma off the N-word! thank god for woke capitalism!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

so woke we can put swastikas and racial slurs all over our products, to stop racism you see

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
wow, when did GBS and d&d find this thread? :(

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
does this go in here

https://twitter.com/Mike_Faulk/status/889891202832748544

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Celery Jello posted:

the theme of the emoji movie is memento mori

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

more like damnatio memorae

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

oh my god

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

sometimes this thread is bad but sometimes it's very good

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

So the other 3 races need pot to have fun?

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

1982 Subaru Brat posted:

this is exactly it, and it can coincide with the truth that sexism is real and feminism is almost always good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

it's amazing this isn't more racist than it already is, just have them eating tacos or having a quinceñera, go all out