Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

is Witcher 1 really that bad

It's insanely janky and sometimes kind of bonkers but it's worth playing and dirt cheap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
The combat is terrible and easy difficulty takes away the theme of being poor as hell all the time, but the actual rpg stuff surrounding it is pretty nice

crunk dork
Jan 15, 2006
Witcher 3 Pwns.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYa6QAMAoUU

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

beat hearts of stone, very fun adventure. the heist and thee entire wedding quest were awesome, and the villain is built up really well.

just reached blood&wine and its an entire loving continent

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

You a racist, Reginald?!

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

im so pumped for hearts of stone and blood and wine. i just did the most wanted of skellege quest with the four monsters who tried to gently caress you up but you can prove your innocence if youve been a good boy. gently caress this game is good

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Heart of Stone is so good that it is better than the main game IMO and Blood & Wine is just a great way to end a playthrough. It celebrates and laughs at the entire experience of the game.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

yeah, probably the best expansions/dlcs i've ever played. they compliment the base game perfectly

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I had a hearty lol during the wedding mission just walking Geralt around like a douchebag

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
Lol the smirking made me laugh ah man that was a good mission

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

man..stone hearts was good but blood n wine is fantastic. theyre introducing a lot of new enemies, most of them very threatening or at the very least cool as hell. getting first time in velen chills and mystery surrounds everything

every couple steps theres a new interesting quest. its really dense with content, i may just do a second play through with a dlc-only character

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

A badass thing to do in B&W is killing the cyclops giant at the very beginning with a single crossbow bolt aimed at the small opening in his helmet. There's even an achievement for it.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

What

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

holy poo poo im gonna do that

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

how many hours does everyone have? I prob have 30 in my ps4 save and 63 in my PC one im currently on

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i just got to the main city in b&w..holy poo poo this is a second game's worth of content easily lol

e: shame i dont care about gwent, there seems to be a lot of stuff for it. the bartenders all have like 100 different cards in stock

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the plant things can go gently caress themselves though, they are a super rough fight for something the game likes to throw at you in pairs and triplets

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

extremebuff posted:

i just got to the main city in b&w..holy poo poo this is a second game's worth of content easily lol

e: shame i dont care about gwent, there seems to be a lot of stuff for it. the bartenders all have like 100 different cards in stock

The B&W Gwent stuff owns, it's about some guy trying to introduce new cards to the game and a bunch of grognard dwarf nerds getting furious that he's ruining the game forever, then getting drunk and starting a brawl.

make sure to do the bank quest, the quest you get by negotiating for potatoes, and the one with the statue

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

extremebuff posted:

ya I only played gwent a few times. it's fun, but I can't get into it. I always buy the cards just in case tho

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

CDPR keeping up with humans are the real monsters theme.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Holy poo poo lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lmao

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Gerard of rivia voice: Grunt. Cum on a dwarfs oval office. Someone made this same joke a month ago.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

*gerard flashes the shocker and his eues light up like the end of Thriller* "Is that a reference to something??"

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

been taking sick days and catching myself playing this 5 hours in a row a lot. whoops

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

how many hours does everyone have? I prob have 30 in my ps4 save and 63 in my PC one im currently on

143 hours over 2 play-throughs. First one vanilla, second with both DLC's. I'm not really a completionist though, so there are lots of quests I missed or skipped.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

so in blood and wine, you get something to do with all the spare skill points you have sitting around. you can purchase really powerful passives, like having your sword damage skyrocket as you fight.

since ive got a focus on spells i went with freezing aard..this thing is hilariously broken. has a huge chance to freeze enemies, if it freezes them and knocks them out at the same time it'll kill them. i thought this meant that i'd knock over the frozen bodies and shatter on the ground but no they just instantly explode into chunks of meat diablo style. combined w grandmaster griffin armor, long range + full sweep aard I just show up to any-sized battle, hold R2, everything loving explodes instantly it is insanely satisfying

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jul 26, 2017

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

this game desperately needs cosmetic slots..giving up my broken witcher set would be a huge downgrade but you find some incredibly sick armor in this dlc, like an all black vampire assassin suit

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

tao of lmao posted:

143 hours over 2 play-throughs. First one vanilla, second with both DLC's. I'm not really a completionist though, so there are lots of quests I missed or skipped.

I swear I probably have 143 hours just clearing out smuggler's caches, lol

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

all of skellege for me is covered in question marks. i need to get on it

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

all of skellege for me is covered in question marks. i need to get on it

You're going to spend like a third of the game getting the water ones if you do it and probably die of Killer Whale overdose and go deaf from siren screaming.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i avoid swimming as much as possible. imo if you just do the witcher gear hunts and major contracts youll basically run into all the best loot, places of power, unique monsters, etc.

i am going to hit every ? in b&w tho cause every one of them has been great and extremely rewarding. they really want you to have enough money to dip into endgame power lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The only thing in the game probably not worth doing is the ?s actually in the ocean in Skellige IMO, even the ones in Velen, Novigrad and TOussant are at worst a fun little raid and a best a quest that would suck to miss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I kinda like missing things in games. Makes the world feel larger.

• Locked thread