Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Lobok posted:

Was all ready to buy the $16 Witness with my $15 in PSN credit from that sale but the checkout doesn't work. Coolcoolcool. Hopefully the sale price is still on by the time they let me give them money!

ooooh, that's a good price!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Lobok posted:

Was all ready to buy the $16 Witness with my $15 in PSN credit from that sale but the checkout doesn't work. Coolcoolcool. Hopefully the sale price is still on by the time they let me give them money!

Oh good it wasn't just me, I had to pay with paypal since the checkout refused to verify my cc's security code

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that just happens with psn sometimes. I stopped bothering using my cc for it a long time ago

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

So it doesn't seem like my ps4 pushes game updates in rest mode. It's supposed to right? I have the option checked. I have to manually go to the game and click check for update. It'll do it all in rest mode once I start it or if I start a whole game install remotely

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I think it doesn't update automatically if you haven't played the game recently.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Lobok posted:

So I checked just now to see if it would work this time but apparently one of my attempts earlier actually went through. Which... is actually worse. More unsettling, at least.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

So it doesn't seem like my ps4 pushes game updates in rest mode. It's supposed to right? I have the option checked. I have to manually go to the game and click check for update. It'll do it all in rest mode once I start it or if I start a whole game install remotely

The system only checks like early in the morning. If an update comes out after that it won't get it until the next morning. If you boot up your ps4 to play another game it does check for updates on your most recent 15 or so games.

I'm guessing you're thinking about the fd titanfall update.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I think it doesn't update automatically if you haven't played the game recently.
This has always been mysterious to me. If it's true, how recently is recently?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Someone was also saying it won't work if the game is in a folder.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

So many different factors. Would like confirmation of the folder bit. This one was on my main screen, and played fairly recently

Ineffiable posted:

The system only checks like early in the morning. If an update comes out after that it won't get it until the next morning. If you boot up your ps4 to play another game it does check for updates on your most recent 15 or so games.

I'm guessing you're thinking about the fd titanfall update.

I am, thanks for the reply

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Games in folders get patched.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
anyone playing pyre

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Trojan Kaiju posted:

Jackbox Party Pack. 1 has You Don't Know Jack and 3 has Trivia Murder Party and Guesspionage which are all neat trivia games. TMP kinda wears thin pretty quickly with it's murderer host gimmick though. A lot of the rest of games, like Quiplash and TeeKO are real fun, too.

Whoa you don't know jack is still a thing. I remember playing that as a kid

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Empress Brosephine posted:

anyone playing pyre

Is it a multiplayer game as well as single? Its like basically wizard soccer so i assume so but idk

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

fridge corn posted:

Whoa you don't know jack is still a thing. I remember playing that as a kid

Yeah they revived it in like 2011. Then the company started releasing the Jackboxes, which are collections of 5 games each I think, and some of them are even better than YDKJ is.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Quiplash totally makes that Jackbox worth it.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Ps3 chat. Tried to boot up my ps3 to play metal gear 4. It wont read the disk. It click click click. Whirl click click silence.

Other games play fine. Any sage goonvise?

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Policenaut posted:

Quiplash totally makes that Jackbox worth it.

Yeah it's a personal favorite.

Sleeper hit is TeeKO, which took a little bit to get into mechanically but came together extremely well by the end of the game. That's not even mentioning the style, which is the strongest of any of the games.

Argento
Feb 19, 2004

Ladies, I'm back
Lipstick Apathy

Bombadilillo posted:

Ps3 chat. Tried to boot up my ps3 to play metal gear 4. It wont read the disk. It click click click. Whirl click click silence.

Other games play fine. Any sage goonvise?

If its a on a disc, check for any cracks on the clear plastic part of the disk. Any major scratches, etc?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Look for finger prints too. I once had a game refuse to install because there was a big thumb print on my disc.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Disk looks pristine. Ill clean it for fun. But I don't think that's it.

Edit. Didn't help

This sucks. Demon souls works. I was playing on playing that and metal gear 4. Don't want to try to buy a questionable one off eBay for 75ish for 1 game

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jul 26, 2017

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Word on Pyre is that it is amazingballs.

Visual novel (this part is scaring me off. I don't game to read, sorry.)
3 on 3 sportsball game. Fun apparently but single player only.

Local multiplayer sports-only mode.

Killer soundtrack.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Man I'm glad someone else thought GOW3 sucked cause I never played it on ps3 (played 1, 2 and the 2 psp ones) and i thought maybe it just aged badly but by the third loving time i was in a giant cube puzzle dungeon, i was kinda done.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah I stuck through the cut scenes and it just felt awful. I suppose coming from a fast button mashing game like Nier didn't help

Just felt unpolished idk. I should probably stay away from most remasters now that some real quality stuff is dropping

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Bombadilillo posted:

Edit. Didn't help

This sucks. Demon souls works. I was playing on playing that and metal gear 4. Don't want to try to buy a questionable one off eBay for 75ish for 1 game

Maybe try cleaning the laser?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Bombadilillo posted:

Edit. Didn't help

Why would you have to pay $75 to play MGS4 :confused: I'm looking at it on Ebay right now and it's like $10

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

veni veni veni posted:

Why would you have to pay $75 to play MGS4 :confused: I'm looking at it on Ebay right now and it's like $10

Probably talking about a ps3 .

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

GoWIII is in my top ten favorite games of all time. Definitely shows its age though. If I were just picking it up in 2017 I can see myself being unsatisfied with it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Probably talking about a ps3 .

:doh:

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Started Hearts of Stone as my palate-cleanser after N:A route B and I'm very torn between two comparisons to HZD. Even only after the opening questlines that set up what the story of the expansion is going to be, the writing and voice work are reminding me that as much as I generally enjoyed HZD's, TW3 genuinely was a cut above (and this isn't even the expansion people really like!). But the mechanics and UI, patched several times since I beat the base game, still feel simultaneously shallow and insanely complicated, like you're asked to juggle five different versions of HZD's sore-thumb D-pad item interface without it really mattering that much.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Bombadilillo posted:

Edit. Didn't help

Just buy a digital copy it's like £12

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Akuma posted:

Just buy a digital copy it's like £12

I looked on psn and saw "disk only" before. Looked a few entries down. There it is for $20.

Better then a new ps3. Thanks

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Feenix posted:

Word on Pyre is that it is amazingballs.

Visual novel (this part is scaring me off. I don't game to read, sorry.)
3 on 3 sportsball game. Fun apparently but single player only.

Local multiplayer sports-only mode.

Killer soundtrack.

It'll be on plus next year like transistor was.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
I spent well over $100 during that promo and still don't have my $15 :(
I spent $120 all in, including upping my ps+ to last until late 2018

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

cubicle gangster posted:

I spent well over $100 during that promo and still don't have my $15 :(
I spent $120 all in, including upping my ps+ to last until late 2018

Check your console notifications

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

He may be sol though. Wasn't the deadline to redeem the code a few days ago?

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Started Hearts of Stone as my palate-cleanser after N:A route B and I'm very torn between two comparisons to HZD. Even only after the opening questlines that set up what the story of the expansion is going to be, the writing and voice work are reminding me that as much as I generally enjoyed HZD's, TW3 genuinely was a cut above (and this isn't even the expansion people really like!). But the mechanics and UI, patched several times since I beat the base game, still feel simultaneously shallow and insanely complicated, like you're asked to juggle five different versions of HZD's sore-thumb D-pad item interface without it really mattering that much.

Witcher's writing is top notch. But that combat is terrible and I just can't with it. I know Guerilla Games worked with some of the devs for Witcher for HZD and it shows. Hopefully for the next Witcher game they will have learned something about building a fun combat system.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Yeah the combat in Witcher 3 is boring and bad, if you play it on the PC you can mod all fights to be Gwent matches which is the optimal way to get through them

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Calling the combat system in Witcher 3 "bad" just seems laughable when Final Fantasy 15 claims to have a combat system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Morby posted:

Witcher's writing is top notch. But that combat is terrible and I just can't with it. I know Guerilla Games worked with some of the devs for Witcher for HZD and it shows. Hopefully for the next Witcher game they will have learned something about building a fun combat system.

I did find myself enjoying the sections where you controlled Ciri, her movement felt a lot more agile and fluid. Maybe they'll have an excuse to revamp the combat system if she ends up being the main protag of TW4.