Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
I dunno, i just did three runs and got 1st twice which was basic chests and 3rd place where i just got a heroic. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nails
Oct 29, 2004

MALIGNANTLY USELESS

Randallteal posted:

Man, these norn stone requirements for the epic quests are brutal. Been stalled out on the 1000 strength stone quest for X-Men and the 600 speed stone one for Dr. Strange for a couple weeks now. Just gotta keep saving up. :sigh:

For their next interface improvement, they should add a button to the story missions to use clear tickets until you have all of the bios.

I've been having the same issue. I actually just finished the 600 speed norns one, and shortly after, you have to grind out 1200 universal norns. It loving sucks, and I suspect there's at least one more in the chamber for Strange, and probably 2 for X-Men. It basically puts a freeze on doing any more masteries, and that's probably the worst part since it hamstrings your progress for the other stuff.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Just wait until you need to grind chaos norns :)

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Nails posted:

I've been having the same issue. I actually just finished the 600 speed norns one, and shortly after, you have to grind out 1200 universal norns. It loving sucks, and I suspect there's at least one more in the chamber for Strange, and probably 2 for X-Men. It basically puts a freeze on doing any more masteries, and that's probably the worst part since it hamstrings your progress for the other stuff.

I get like, several hundred norns a day I think because I do a bunch of WBI stuff. I do 3 at a time and eventually it quickly adds up

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ever since the Tracking mission came along I've neglected WBI. Which is probably why I'm so low on norn stones. I'm probably going to ditch Story Missions for awhile and try and switch back to WBI, but there also seem to be a lot of World Boss Dimension Shifts lately that eat up a lot of energy.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

Ever since the Tracking mission came along I've neglected WBI. Which is probably why I'm so low on norn stones. I'm probably going to ditch Story Missions for awhile and try and switch back to WBI, but there also seem to be a lot of World Boss Dimension Shifts lately that eat up a lot of energy.

yeah i did this for a few weeks too and i dipped dangerously low on norns

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
I just sell them. Get so many mastery tickets anyway. Always seem to end up at 14-15k or so after some time of not doing anything else but the dailies and co-op for cash. Now and then I level up ISOs and obelisks to get from 901 to 200 something inventory space, and then it's back to auto-ing the hell out of the game.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

I'm constantly low on red norns because I'm trying to fully max out Kamala's urus and gosh, getting 6 star urus requires a heck of a lot of norns

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

yeah i gave mr mads mikkelsen a set of 6* urus awhile back and it ate all my red norns

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So WBI am I just having poo poo luck or what? I've tried it 4 times but I've lost 2 of those times.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Probably bad luck. WBI is a deal where you have 3 players and it depends on how good those 3 players are. Sometimes you'll be the best and lead the team. Sometimes you'll suck and get carried. Sometimes there will be 1 player who just wins the whole thing in less than 5 seconds no matter how good you are. Most of the time even if I suck I can get carried but sometimes you just have bad luck and will keep trying and lose again and again. Its just a matter of which 2 teammates you draw.

The "trick" is that if you quit the game before you actually lose then you can save the energy and try again with no loss. Except the frustration and time.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

The "trick" is that if you quit the game before you actually lose then you can save the energy and try again with no loss. Except the frustration and time.

Oh Hmm I didn't know that. That helps take the sting out of it then.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Just met Dr Strange & homeless Spiderman pairing in Battleworld. :gonk:

Nails
Oct 29, 2004

MALIGNANTLY USELESS

Ramadu posted:

I get like, several hundred norns a day I think because I do a bunch of WBI stuff. I do 3 at a time and eventually it quickly adds up

I'd noticed lately that the rewards for it are pretty awesome, so I've been doing more and more of it. I guess the only issue is having no control over what kind of norns they are, but maybe it works out eventually to be a more efficient use of energy/time that way. I'll switch my focus up and see how it goes.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

Oh Hmm I didn't know that. That helps take the sting out of it then.

I don't know the Android method (though I know it's repeatable) but on iOS I just hit the home screen, wait 5s, then tab back and I'm disconnected and can immediately requeue. No need to force quit on either platform.

The trick with WBI is don't fall prey to sunk cost fallacy, if your team isn't stomping (or you're not carrying) then just dc immediately and search again. There are a lot of Stranges, etc. queueing, don't fight for scraps w the plebs

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

thechalkoutline posted:

I don't know the Android method (though I know it's repeatable) but on iOS I just hit the home screen, wait 5s, then tab back and I'm disconnected and can immediately requeue. No need to force quit on either platform.

The trick with WBI is don't fall prey to sunk cost fallacy, if your team isn't stomping (or you're not carrying) then just dc immediately and search again. There are a lot of Stranges, etc. queueing, don't fight for scraps w the plebs

ok thanks for the tip I think I need to start doing it a lot more since the rewards seem pretty drat decent.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I sometimes tough it out in WBI fights if I think I might get the "very special" box. But its rarely worth it.

Mostly I just hate having to force quit, load the game back up, and then go back into WBI. Its like 3 minutes or something and if I have to do it I often just don't bother going back to WBI and risking it again.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

You don't have to force close the app you just need to stop moving and it will kick you from the server after like 10 seconds of inactivity.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

How high are you guys taking your Lab equipment?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I took my matter generator to max and then kind of chilled. I just stopped converting chaos stones into crystals so now I figure I'll just horde matter and rank up the other machines. Store > Converter > Warp in priority, I suppose. But its always kind of been an after thought to me.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

I took my matter generator to max and then kind of chilled. I just stopped converting chaos stones into crystals so now I figure I'll just horde matter and rank up the other machines. Store > Converter > Warp in priority, I suppose. But its always kind of been an after thought to me.

OK cool that makes sense I guess.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Like, Warp's kind of useful when you're low but feels pretty un useful now that I can grab 20 bios any day in the Alliance Store and 135 every week in Shadowlands. Plus WBI.

I never thought Converter was useful but it seems kind of necessary now for the mutant crystals. So I figure I should max that one out so I can get them faster.

The Store I use quite a bit for Dimension Debris, 4* Isos, Level 5 Experience chips, and the occasional Villain Siege Ticket or 3* obelisk. So I figure opening up all those slots is probably worth it most of all if it means i can grab like 100 debris every 30 minutes or whatever.

But the Generator definitely seems like the necessary one to rank up since you not only need that stuff for those other machines but also for ranking up characters.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ok, I'm getting a T2 ticket tomorrow and not sure what to do with it. Here's how things look.

T2s
Universal: Lady Loki, Captain Marvel
Speed: Black Widow, Elsa Bloodstone, Falcon, Ms. Marvel
Combat: Captain America, Carnage, Iron Fist, Wolverine
Blast: Sharon Rogers, Doctor Strange

Ok, so right off the bat my impression is "get a Blast or Universal" since those are the shallowest fields. But even though I don't have a ton of Blast T2s Strange and Rogers are my top 2 and Ancient One and Enchantress are pretty effective Blast characters at T1. And I haven't geared up Wasp or Magneto yet. Universal is another weak field but I'm working on Proxima now that I have the Epics done and then there's Thanos, Dormammu, and the rest of the Black Order.

Here's what my options look like.
Universal: Black Bolt, Trenchcoat Ghost Rider, Hellstorm, Hyperion, Satana, Thor, Vision. Plus Robbie Reyes at 150/320.
Blast: Ancient One, Baron Mordo, Crystal, Daisy Johnson, Enchantress, Iron Man, Kaecilius, Lash, Lincoln Campbell, Magneto, Storm, Wiccan, Yellowjacket, Wasp, Agent Caulson. Plus Songbird 266/320 and Cyclops 243/320.
Speed: Agent 13, Ant Man, Bobby Morse, Daredevil, Elektra, Green Goblin, Kate Bishop, Rogue, Homecoming Spider-Man, Captain America Winter Soldier. Plus Hawkeye 212/320.
Combat: Agent Venom, BeastBlack Panther, Blade, Bullseye, Luke Cage, Moon Knight, Sif, Ant-Venom, White Tiger, Red Hulk, Deathlok. Plus Giant Man 189/320 and Warwolf 261-320.

So what do you guys think? Black Bolt is who I'm leaning towards right now but I'm very undecided. I figure I'm going to do the mutants the hard way.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

Ok, I'm getting a T2 ticket tomorrow and not sure what to do with it. Here's how things look.

T2s

Ok, so right off the bat my impression is "get a Blast or Universal" since those are the shallowest fields. But even though I don't have a ton of Blast T2s Strange and Rogers are my top 2 and Ancient One and Enchantress are pretty effective Blast characters at T1. And I haven't geared up Wasp or Magneto yet. Universal is another weak field but I'm working on Proxima now that I have the Epics done and then there's Thanos, Dormammu, and the rest of the Black Order.

Universal: Black Bolt, Trenchcoat Ghost Rider, Hellstorm, Hyperion, Satana, Thor, Vision. Plus Robbie Reyes at 150/320.
Blast: Ancient One, Baron Mordo, Crystal, Daisy Johnson, Enchantress, Iron Man, Kaecilius, Lash, Lincoln Campbell, Magneto, Storm, Wiccan, Yellowjacket, Wasp, Agent Caulson. Plus Songbird 266/320 and Cyclops 243/320.
Speed: Agent 13, Ant Man, Bobby Morse, Daredevil, Elektra, Green Goblin, Kate Bishop, Rogue, Homecoming Spider-Man, Captain America Winter Soldier. Plus Hawkeye 212/320.
Combat: Agent Venom, BeastBlack Panther, Blade, Bullseye, Luke Cage, Moon Knight, Sif, Ant-Venom, White Tiger, Red Hulk, Deathlok. Plus Giant Man 189/320 and Warwolf 261-320.

So what do you guys think? Black Bolt is who I'm leaning towards right now but I'm very undecided. I figure I'm going to do the mutants the hard way.

Car Rider lets you solo an early SL stage, as would Thor. I don't know if Agent Vernon or Enchantress need the T2 to be elite. I know people are high on Rulk and my T2 Hawkgal is good to solo a middle SL stage, particularly the Racon Boss floor.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

T2s

What are you trying to accomplish?

No context, prime guys are Agent Venom in general, Spiderman for TL/BW, Coulson for ABX and general villain damage booster.

Honorable mentions: Red Hulk, Enchantress just cause she's quality

BB isn't very good even at T2, but he's ok. He will solo any ignore dodge floor in SL, e.g. Rocket or Iron Fist

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

thechalkoutline posted:

What are you trying to accomplish?

Shadowland, basically. WBR is on lock, ABX is whatever, I don't care about UWB. I'd like to be able to beat 12-8 and get Thor but that will happen eventually. That's why I'm thinking in terms of balancing my categories.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jul 26, 2017

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
Are uniform options static? Like is there a database I can look up to see which other uniforms are required to unlock options for a particular character?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

plainswalker75 posted:

Are uniform options static? Like is there a database I can look up to see which other uniforms are required to unlock options for a particular character?

Like this?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w-ctasW5u1qtbe0ZWy6d79YZVVbkUBKgGEG3v6RltWs/edit#gid=0

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

Yes, thanks!

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

Shadowland, basically. WBR is on lock, ABX is whatever, I don't care about UWB. I'd like to be able to beat 12-8 and get Thor but that will happen eventually. That's why I'm thinking in terms of balancing my categories.

I'd probably do Agent Venom then, he might not get you a floor now but he's one of the few people that can handle 19-25, where the difficulty really ramps. He is one of the best characters in the game and will be T2 eventually

Otherwise Homecoming Spidey has been very strong in SL, does most near anything and fills the niche of reflect-energy-relays that pop up a lot through the mid-to-late teens. His only weakness is DPS so hence the T2.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

I have about 23 days left of bioselectors, how do you guys rank against each other Kid Kaiju, Agent Vernon or Vulture with costume? I am working on Vulture right now, but have both Kaiju and Vernon at 6* already. Just want to make sure I am focusing on the right guy, thanks!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Vernon is pretty awesome.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Depends on the rest of your roster and your current needs/goals
Agent Venom is great
Vulture is great

Both can do sl. Both are really strong t2 for the respective subtype combat/speed. One is villian and one hero

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

I do need more speed guys to help with sl and the villain thing helps too. Should be able to T2 him soon enough, thanks!

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

holy gently caress how did i not realize that bios take up inventory slots this whole time

just going through and feeding every stack less than 5 freed up like 50 inventory slots

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Tom Gorman posted:

holy gently caress how did i not realize that bios take up inventory slots this whole time

just going through and feeding every stack less than 5 freed up like 50 inventory slots

This is why the "1 useless random bio every day" VIP reward will always be this game's greatest troll

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't have a big problem with inventory as long as I combine cards daily, combine obeslisks every few days, and isos once a week or so. If I make a mad rush on Dimension Shifts sometimes it fills up with cards but its all reasonably easy to maintain. I never get below 300 or so but I can deal with that.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

I don't have a big problem with inventory as long as I combine cards daily, combine obeslisks every few days, and isos once a week or so. If I make a mad rush on Dimension Shifts sometimes it fills up with cards but its all reasonably easy to maintain. I never get below 300 or so but I can deal with that.

I got a mythic chest in WBI! Watch it have 10000 GUKs and a poo poo load of universal Norns :/

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

agent flash gordon is real good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kertap
Mar 13, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

T2s

If they're 420 I'd go with Hyperion, Agent Venom or Enchantress.

Agent Venom is just good.

Enchantress really benefits from the T2 damage boost. She's really versatile being a villain. I usually use her in between 10 and 15 to take care of a hulk rumble.

Hyperion's T2 gives him dodge ignore which makes him really useful for taking out Iron Fist and Racon bosses who start showing up around 10 as well.

Maybe not as high a priority would be Yellowjacket. I've used him for Hulk Relays but you have to be careful not to use physical attacks which cuts out an iframe. He really shines in Destroyer Bosses though and I've used him on the M.O.D.O.K level on 22 which is villains only.

Edited to add: Songbird at T2 with a dodge ignore obelisk takes out Iron Fist Boss handily enough or she works well in female relays.

kertap fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Jul 27, 2017