Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Axialbloom
Jul 7, 2011

My life is a series of
lapses in judgement.

Erdricks posted:

What are the foot falls/auras/sound effects with the new sword?

https://streamable.com/99rw9

New 1% zone is rad. Having the Carin raid-boss dash and low gravity/perma-gliding is pretty fun.

Also, a spelling mistake in today's Dulfy guide set me up for disappointment-

Axialbloom fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jul 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Axialbloom posted:

https://streamable.com/99rw9

New 1% zone is rad. Having the Carin raid-boss dash and low gravity/perma-gliding is pretty fun.

That actually looks awesome. I need to see the hammer now though.

Ambi
Dec 30, 2011

Leave it to me

https://i.gyazo.com/909b1f7527060f54bf9e1ac042466ae7.mp4 for video of the preview
Taken from https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/6phbbl/for_those_of_us_at_work_can_anyone_post_pictures/dkpbd9p/

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

oh gently caress, I want that, Cletus, give me it

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

I checked that reddit page and they have a video of the hammer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6STAefoONY

It's, uh... very different at night

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Illuyankas posted:

:stare:

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

I can't even download the update

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Illuyankas posted:

gently caress me.
I need it.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
The new fractal is very good and surprisingly hard. Doesn't help that I hadn't played in months though.

Also, these abaddon weapons reminded me that there's still no abaddon mask and that made me upset, because those masks were cool.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
I really want that sword, too bad Reaper doesn't use it. I don't like any other character enough to want legendaries/amazing looks on them. Basically any progression I do is for my main, and any leftovers can go to a secondary.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Post episode 6 there are two big questions I still have. Spoilered out of politeness.

(1) So we still don't have any idea who E is, then? I was expecting it to be the exemplar, but then it turned out to whossername from GW1, who I guess could still be E, but...

(2) In the last fight she said we were the only two who could complete the prophecy--is this a prophecy we've seen anywhere? Like in one of the books or something? As a corollary I'm curious how my guy got ascended to see Lazarus, too.

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

It only gets worse from here on in...

Trebuchet King posted:

Post episode 6 there are two big questions I still have. Spoilered out of politeness.

(2) As a corollary I'm curious how my guy got ascended to see Lazarus, too.

You go through most of the Ascension process in Arcana Obscura in Season 2, as you need the Divine Fire buff that marks you as ready to fight the Doppelgänger in order to enter the sealed cave. There's an optional objective to fight the Doppelgänger to finish the process, which presumably we are assumed to have done. While the trials are done using a magic ritual to summon ghosts to test you in the Priory basement, the acquisition of Divine Fire would indicate that this still counts.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Ah, okay. That's probably what the deal is with the blue ghost fire in Lake Doric, too, then?

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

With the big reveal on Aug 1st, it looks like it might also be the pre-order open date. There is an Ultimate Edition too, from what I can tell.

Lemon King fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Jul 26, 2017

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

New Hammer looked meh... till it went all Soul Edge. Pretty cool, should do more stuff like that.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Is mesmer good or bad now? I had fun in WvW as a mesmer like 4 years ago but how is it now?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I think that's the best jumping puzzle in this game, ever

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!
Who was the mesmer that got you up there?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the latest zone is cool as hell, i gotta say. makes me look forward to what they have planned for the expansion.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Sole.Sushi posted:

Who was the mesmer that got you up there?

I did it myself without a guide or anything :colbert:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Didn't know they stacked bullshit that high

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

CLAM DOWN posted:

this is actually a really funny image thank you for posting it

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:

CLAM DOWN posted:

Talk about a flaming dreamboat...

But the new jumping puzzle was dope as hell

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

CLAM DOWN posted:

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

this text made me laugh for some reason

nice

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I am pretty unimpressed with the story in this episode.

Who is Livia? Why did she summon Lazarus, who was no longer a threat, in order to just kill him immediately? I mean, I get that she was pissy about some GW1 stuff, but as a GW2-exclusive player, I don't care about any of this.

The majority of this episode's content had NOTHING to do with the story we've been dealing with this whole season, and was of no consequence, just settling the grudge of a character I don't know or care about. I have to imagine that Livia is going to be a major character going forward, or else why did any of this happen?

Narratively, this sucks. A finale episode is supposed to get me excited for the new content, but I'm mostly just confused and annoyed. They used the finale to wrap up some narrative thread that I didn't previously know or care about, and the only GW2 story progression is a twenty second vision that I didn't understand, so I'm hoping my character clues me in on what anything there was. Even just a short "welp, kralky is gonna get owned, gotta go" would have been nice.

They didn't even give us an expansion name at the end :colbert:

Go RV! fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Jul 26, 2017

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

We set the tone of GW2 writing & dialogue quality in the very first conversation when some Priest guy does the chicken-wuss BAWKBAWKBAWK voices to Countess Anise.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

TeaJay posted:

We set the tone of GW2 writing & dialogue quality in the very first conversation when some Priest guy does the chicken-wuss BAWKBAWKBAWK voices to Countess Anise.

This story segment peaked very early, I agree

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
The priestess of Lyssa having no time for his bullshit was funnier, IMO.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
I wonder if Grim Fandango was in the minds of the producers when they made the living story.

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
should I play this game again y/n

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

epic Kingdom Hearts LP posted:

should I play this game again y/n

Depends on what you like. It's the best social and complete MMO around in my opinion. If all you care about are dungeons, then play FFXIV. If all you want to do is pvp, play BDO. If you hate hips and decent character models, play ESO.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
This was very much a "tie up a few loose ends" finale, not a cliffhanger finale. We finally kill Lazarus, the final remaining mursaat. We finally meet Livia, the oldest living member of the Shining Blade, and find out what her goal was for the last two and a half centuries: to kill the last of the mursaat. The White Mantle is pretty much over, since the last chance they had at resurrecting their god is gone. Jormag, along with Primordus, is powered down. Balthazar's next goal, which is absorbing yet another elder dragon's power, is revealed and his next destination is the Crystal Desert, where the easiest to reach dragon currently is.

One thing I actually liked is that, so far, it seems like the makeshift guild we were putting together is almost out of commission. Rytlock is being questioned for his time in the Mists, Braham is all the way in the northern Shiverpeaks still moping that he couldn't kill Jormag, Canach's sentence has finally been carried out and has since gone off to enjoy his freedom, Marjory was severely injured by Balthazar, Caithe is guarding Aurene, and Kasmeer is likely not going to want to go off and fight a god she worships.

Unless they find some way to bring the whole gang back for the next expansion, it might be a completely different crew we travel with.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

ApeHawk posted:

Unless they find some way to bring the whole gang back for the next expansion, it might be a completely different crew we travel with.

:pray:

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame

Eltoasto posted:

Depends on what you like. It's the best social and complete MMO around in my opinion. If all you care about are dungeons, then play FFXIV. If all you want to do is pvp, play BDO. If you hate hips and decent character models, play ESO.

I miss Rift with the Goons but this will do. I have a Ranger and have almost unlocked the Druid stuff when I stopped. Could someone recommend a decent open world/still going through the expansion build for my Ranger?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

epic Kingdom Hearts LP posted:

I miss Rift with the Goons but this will do. I have a Ranger and have almost unlocked the Druid stuff when I stopped. Could someone recommend a decent open world/still going through the expansion build for my Ranger?

Druid is a good choice, it's the character I do my open world stuff with, and it has condi or healing builds suitable for raids/fractals. Druid builds also have a 33% speed boost for running around. Check LFG in verdant brink and you will find hp trains going to get the points needed to fully unlock druid. This build should be decent to run around in before you have druid, just slot in the speed signet and whatever other utilities you need.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Nice

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

ApeHawk posted:

:yeah:

Here's to hoping it will be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I hope that Taimi sticks around as our techno-babble support, gently caress the haters

• Locked thread