Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wicka
Jun 28, 2007

GramCracker posted:

Never in a million years did I think someone would drop some Lenny Pepperbottom up in The Worst Thread.

How neat is that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Wait, people dont like jacques

The gently caress

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

OhsH posted:

The gently caress

Jacques Villeneuve, if he were in his prime today, would currently be getting pushed out of Renault to make way for Kubica.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Wicka plz give me your drugs. Theyre good obv.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

OhsH posted:

Wicka plz give me your drugs. Theyre good obv.

I have a drug that makes Massa look like your equal

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I really wanted to like Are Jacques but this was really unforgiveable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XBFQFmr5js&t=374s

iirc Fisi was on low fuel and Schumi was about to get hit with a penalty so he was going to win that race had he not completely melted down.

F1DriverQuidenBerg fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jul 26, 2017

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

wicka posted:

I have a drug that makes Massa look like your equal

Karts dont have springs

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

wicka posted:

How neat is that?

That's pretty neat

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

OhsH posted:

He won a WDC though. And Gilles didn't.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Heretofore referres as, good villenueve, and bad villenueve

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Bad Villeneuve started out snowmobile racing. Seems like the kind of activity a real Tony would indulge in.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

1500quidporsche posted:

Bad Villeneuve started out snowmobile racing. Seems like the kind of activity a real Tony would indulge in.

Funny story, my mecahmic was racing a different class of snowmobiles at the same time and has awesome villenueve stories. None of which i remember due to all of them being told over drinks.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

JV is so bad he couldn't even win at Montreal in a lower tier Nascar race.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I only have 1986 Osella driver Allen Berg stories. Primarily the one where he got mad at me when I asked him what it was like being lapped by Prost.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Also I imagine 70s Snowmobile racing being a real cool scene.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

1500quidporsche posted:

Also I imagine 70s Snowmobile racing being a real cool scene.

He really makes it sound bad loving rear end.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

My dad wants to buy one for their dinky mountain cottage and I looked into it and there's only drag racing around now. Which really sucks cause the footage I've seen of oval racing looks rad as poo poo.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

I only have 1986 Osella driver Allen Berg stories. Primarily the one where he got mad at me when I asked him what it was like being lapped by Prost.

You think he would have a better sense of humour about it.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Ask him what it was losing to the Earl of Dumfries.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Human Grand Prix posted:

You think he would have a better sense of humour about it.

I don't think I've ever seen the man laugh, he's a fairly intense individual. In retrospect, having interacted with him more, that joke was a "poor fit" but I still don't regret asking it though.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Frazzbo
Feb 2, 2006

Thistle dubh

Theophany posted:

... I want to get more into night skies and the like where a wide rear end aperture is necessary.

Late to the party (sorry), but is this a goatse reference I see before me? :classiclol:

Clarence
May 3, 2012

As long as it has a focus ring.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

welcome back

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

the hero we deserve has returned

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Your sacrifice was not in vain.
Maybe see what happens if you toxx for a Nando win...

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

That figures that Their Jacques would use some weirdo shift paddles with his weirdo hair dye.

I read somewhere that Jacques used to use a joystick to play iracing because (in typical whining style) it just wasn't realistic enough with a wheel anyway so why should he use one.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

dentist toy box posted:

JV is so bad he couldn't even win at Montreal in a lower tier Nascar race.

He crashed out under safety car in one of them

NtotheTC posted:

I read somewhere that Jacques used to use a joystick to play iracing because (in typical whining style) it just wasn't realistic enough with a wheel anyway so why should he use one.

Did guitar hero controllers have whammy bars? I'd love to see someone steering with the bar, shifting with the keys and doing the gas with the pedal. No brakes, I guess.

ilmucche fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Jul 26, 2017

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

NtotheTC posted:

Truly the Lewis Hamilton on the mid-to-late-90s, just without the talent.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Hey 1500 - you should work with me on my new podcasts, I can feel some Ron Dennis levels of synergy between us. You missing apices, me missing real inside scoops... hmu brotha

https://missedapexpodcast.com/livestream/

e: after naming his podcast this and his tremendous track record of being full of poo poo I'm really not sure that Joes Award isn't just trolling us all at this point.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

ilmucche posted:

Did guitar hero controllers have whammy bars? I'd love to see someone steering with the bar, shifting with the keys and doing the gas with the pedal. No brakes, I guess.

They did.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/sport/tt-road-races/2017/july/roads-guy-martin-calls-time-on-road-racing/

HOOOOOOOONDDDDDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! :argh:

BRB going to burn the Civic I bought this week.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Carth Dookie posted:

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/sport/tt-road-races/2017/july/roads-guy-martin-calls-time-on-road-racing/

To be fair he's having a kid and probably fancies being a father

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Theophany posted:

Hey 1500 - you should work with me on my new podcasts, I can feel some Ron Dennis levels of synergy between us. You missing apices, me missing real inside scoops... hmu brotha

https://missedapexpodcast.com/livestream/

e: after naming his podcast this and his tremendous track record of being full of poo poo I'm really not sure that Joes Award isn't just trolling us all at this point.

He has to be loving with everyone. Its literally the only way this would make ANY sense.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

That's just how they harvest the dreams that power their engines. First they shatter the big championship dreams of professionals into tiny pieces, then they scoop up those little pieces and put them in their consumer products.

*yanks pull-start on lawnmower as a single tear rolls down Alonso's cheek*

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Theophany posted:

I'm not sure the general public is ready for my spicy red hot take on F1.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Carth Dookie posted:

Sad news, but at least he was able to walk away from it under his own accord, not in a pine box, unlike a lot of road bike racers.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

I'm not sure the general public is ready for my spicy red hot take on F1.

Give it to us like Franks Red Hot - put that poo poo on everything.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

GramCracker posted:

He has to be loving with everyone. Its literally the only way this would make ANY sense.

That or he's secretly a goon :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I'm listening to this now and 30 seconds in I'm pretty sure this is a parody.

Edit: This is just his blog in audio form.

F1DriverQuidenBerg fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Jul 26, 2017

• Locked thread