Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tensokuu posted:

Tell me about it.

Saw about 20 minutes and thought it was fairly enjoyable. Like the Rock. Like oceans. Weird... sentient oceans?

:thejoke:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
went back to destiny 1 after the beta, holy poo poo that ttk feels so off.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

Tensokuu posted:

Tell me about it.

Saw about 20 minutes and thought it was fairly enjoyable. Like the Rock. Like oceans. Weird... sentient oceans?

Okay what if I told you there was a goon Moana themed clan focused entirely around sex jokes and enthusiasm about recipes and firearms collecting?

And apparently I've delivered us to where we are even though I have journeyed farther. But turns out I am everything I've learned and more... And basically that's to be a really lovely poster.

Clan Discord:

https://discordapp.com/invite/s3bu43s

Bungie Clan Page:

https://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/2011959

Moana N'Chill!

(Translation: welcome to the new PS4 crew for Destiny)

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
can the de-facto ps4 clan please not be whatever the gently caress that is? it's literally the video game equivalent of the abstinence club

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

can the de-facto ps4 clan please not be whatever the gently caress that is? it's literally the video game equivalent of the abstinence club

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Bone Krew apparently on probation after trolling FYAD, making me laugh

:patriot:

Rack 'em boys

LowPartz
Dec 23, 2015

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

Dude, just join Oops I Barted. Me, Monkey, Everadore, and Krampus. Known sex- havers with none of that post - irony bullshit. And mustard!

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

Insane Totoro posted:

Okay what if I told you there was a goon Moana themed clan focused entirely around sex jokes and enthusiasm about recipes and firearms collecting?

And apparently I've delivered us to where we are even though I have journeyed farther. But turns out I am everything I've learned and more... And basically that's to be a really lovely poster.

Clan Discord:

https://discordapp.com/invite/s3bu43s

Bungie Clan Page:

https://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/2011959

Moana N'Chill!

(Translation: welcome to the new PS4 crew for Destiny)

I've gone back a few pages to try and understand this but I'm still confused. Am I getting old or have goons evolved into the very thing we mock?

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Quizzlefish posted:

I've gone back a few pages to try and understand this but I'm still confused. Am I getting old or have goons evolved into the very thing we mock?

You're getting old and it's aggressively, vindictively bad.

Kadath
Aug 17, 2004

Put Your 'Lectric Eye On Me, Babe
Grimey Drawer
If goons aren't listening to me get progressively more drunk and dying to increasingly stupid situations, what are they even doing on PSN?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I think I'll just keep repping Bone Krew on PS4, thanks.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Xbox One Crew is asinine, Moana Klan is insipid and jesus christ insane toronto please stop, I just want to kill space god and dry hump the Gun's I used to do it when I'm done

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

cvnvcnv posted:

You're getting old and it's aggressively, vindictively bad.

But shouldn't his posts say 'user was probated for this post' underneath them?

Quizzlefish fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Jul 26, 2017

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Also bone crew trying to suck up to fyad and getting clowned on :discourse:

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

The best part is that guy pretending people are offended from their male fragility or whatever and not from reading the 2017 equivalent of teh spork of DOOM

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

LowPartz posted:

Dude, just join Oops I Barted. Me, Monkey, Everadore, and Krampus. Known sex- havers with none of that post - irony bullshit. And mustard!

Krampus is alive?! :yayclod:

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Wait, that wall of Moana text was real?

I thought it was one those posts where people repost dumb poo poo from Reddit.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

DrNutt posted:

I think I'll just keep repping Bone Krew on PS4, thanks.

you're doing gods work

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I would revise my prediction:

- Hunter are removed from the game

They still exist, but they have not show the void version, that is the one people want for pve. Also the tumble power have a cool down, and this limit the hunteriness of the hunter. It will be like in D1, the class for pvpers and people that want to play in hard mode.

- You can fly with your ship in the loading screens some sort of minigame bullet storm shots up

Walt Disney have extend the life of patents to another 300 years. So nobody can do this, because is still patented. Fortunally.

- Theres a barber in the new social area, and based on your race you are not allowed to enter it (robots)

Unknown at this time. I think the social area did not even allowed to play withouth helments. Maybe all the humans died, and all the survivors are robots.

- Matchmaking for RAIDs. You start every raid with 16 players. The map gets filled with enemies and when only 6 players are still alive, they can proceed to the next stage of the raid. The dead guys can start matchmaking again.

This is impossible and yet, theres something weird going on.

- You can remove your helmet and even use has a weapon
Theres a dance where your helmet would be near the ground where the dead bodies of your enemies rest. You could wound their e-honor.

- Batman detective movie, you can matchmake / random create missions where you explore random space hulks. Gravity in these relics is randomized and events too.

Nothing in this direction. But finding the inverse U shaped dungeons is kind of a detective thing for the first 8 minutes until you have full detailed guides on the internet, with handy videos.

- You can equip a pocket dimension (housing). In this pocket dimension you can have crota inside your garden, killing cabals

We know nothing. Anyway one of the videos is of a superweapon destroying the sun and with it all life in the solar system. There has to be some sort of time traveling shaenigans. FWC will save us.

- You can bet real world money on Osiris games

We don't know much about npc's yet.

- "Prostitution mode" reduce the playable area of the game to the top left in a tiny box, so the rest of the screen can be use to show the streamer persona shirt-less

Nothing in this direction yet. Fortnite have implemented a "viewer quest" where a random viewer receive a ingame quest. So theres some middleware implemented in Twitch that is supported by Sony network, Microsoft network and Steam. The hype about this feature is nil on the internet, so It don't seems hot at this moment.

Tei fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Jul 26, 2017

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Waffle House posted:

but anime is all we watch on Inceladus

lol

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
Let me assure everyone that the Moana post was indeed real and the clan does exist. We certainly don't spend the entire time discussing the deeper meaning of the movie nor is it ACTUALLY the central focus of our group identity. And it's probably an in joke that will expend itself in a few hours.

Our group identity is focused on shooting mans in space while being dum. Also we are members of an internet comedy forum so we enjoy treating everything with a general sense of irreverence. Maybe to me there is nothing more irreverent and funny than the juxtaposition of The Rock, a chicken, the ocean, and Bungie's terrible FPS game. And maybe it's our means of persuasion of trying to inject some levity into Destiny Year 3!

And that means we take the game seriously enough to get triggers onto targets together but at the same time we don't take it so seriously that we can't laugh at a livestream of Moana while killing Oryx. If you find the concept of "having fun" to be absurd, uh then I got nothing. We actually stand by that idea of being inclusive and even Moana isn't something absurd to us. We just ask you don't be a dick or toxic since pride and prejudice have no place in our group.

Oh and we are a clan that's totally fed up with drama and the thought of taking a video game group super seriously. I actually don't even remember the exact set of circumstances that led to the Moana thing! All I know is that it was fun and everyone from all walks of life in the fireteam enjoyed it. We had the sense and sensibility to laugh about it but not get distracted from Oryx.

This was a really long way of saying we're a clan that likes the idea of "Moana N'Chill" and we plan to enjoy Destiny 2 together! For all I know next week it'll be "Jane Austen N'Chill and Book Discussion/D2 Countdown" or something that doesn't terrify goons like Moana.

God this game can't come out fast enough.

(and would you really prefer a Jane Austen themed D2 clan?)

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

how about you form into a clan called kill youre self

then do it.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
We couldn't think of a sex joke acronym where it would work.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Going to D1 from D2 is jarring. The match tempo is so completely different and the loving sprint lock driving me nuts.

But the movement is so much nicer.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!

CheeseFactory posted:

Going ro D1 from D2 is jarring. The match tempo is so completely different and the loving sprint lock driving me nuts.

But the movement is so much nicer.

Going back to D1 made me feel like Thor when running Striker with lightning grenades, like some kind of untouchable electric God. Sure I still get my poo poo pushed in 50% of the time, but matches were definitely like the tide rising and falling versus "simply damp and sweaty 24/7."

PS: the wife is a fan and says she hopes you upload lots of Destiny 2 videos where you stunt on people on my skill level!

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Friendship ended with PS4

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Insane Totoro posted:

Going back to D1 made me feel like Thor when running Striker with lightning grenades, like some kind of untouchable electric God. Sure I still get my poo poo pushed in 50% of the time, but matches were definitely like the tide rising and falling versus "simply damp and sweaty 24/7."

PS: the wife is a fan and says she hopes you upload lots of Destiny 2 videos where you stunt on people on my skill level!

Thanks man.

Yeah I'm sure there will be a lot of videos but they won't be any where near as exciting as full speed titan skating while laying watse with last word and pulling off a drag scope and slamming the last guy.

It will be more holding position and team shotting this dude from medium range with a pulse.

And it's so easy to pull off huge games playing like that. Im going to upload a 30kd game i had that is not really that interesting to watch.

Mixed feelings on D2.

Neep
Jan 2, 2003

Terrorist is Prohibited!!!
As a two time divorcee and born again virgin that had to skip the D2 beta but will play D2 anyway to try to fill the hole inside, what xbone clan will fit me? Mulan's Mates?

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

Insane Totoro posted:

Let me assure everyone that the Moana post was indeed real and the clan does exist. We certainly don't spend the entire time discussing the deeper meaning of the movie nor is it ACTUALLY the central focus of our group identity. And it's probably an in joke that will expend itself in a few hours.

Our group identity is focused on shooting mans in space while being dum. Also we are members of an internet comedy forum so we enjoy treating everything with a general sense of irreverence. Maybe to me there is nothing more irreverent and funny than the juxtaposition of The Rock, a chicken, the ocean, and Bungie's terrible FPS game. And maybe it's our means of persuasion of trying to inject some levity into Destiny Year 3!

And that means we take the game seriously enough to get triggers onto targets together but at the same time we don't take it so seriously that we can't laugh at a livestream of Moana while killing Oryx. If you find the concept of "having fun" to be absurd, uh then I got nothing. We actually stand by that idea of being inclusive and even Moana isn't something absurd to us. We just ask you don't be a dick or toxic since pride and prejudice have no place in our group.

Oh and we are a clan that's totally fed up with drama and the thought of taking a video game group super seriously. I actually don't even remember the exact set of circumstances that led to the Moana thing! All I know is that it was fun and everyone from all walks of life in the fireteam enjoyed it. We had the sense and sensibility to laugh about it but not get distracted from Oryx.

This was a really long way of saying we're a clan that likes the idea of "Moana N'Chill" and we plan to enjoy Destiny 2 together! For all I know next week it'll be "Jane Austen N'Chill and Book Discussion/D2 Countdown" or something that doesn't terrify goons like Moana.

on a scale of 1 to 10 how many autisms do you have

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!

CheeseFactory posted:

Thanks man.

Yeah I'm sure there will be a lot of videos but they won't be any where near as exciting as full speed titan skating while laying watse with last word and pulling off a drag scope and slamming the last guy.

It will be more holding position and team shotting this dude from medium range with a pulse.

And it's so easy to pull off huge games playing like that. Im going to upload a 30kd game i had that is not really that interesting to watch.

Mixed feelings on D2.

For the record she told me I had to let you win if we ever got matched. She's sweet but I don't think she understands this "winning" thing since she hasn't picked up a FPS since Halo 2.

To be honest I think she just wants to see you fireteam wipe us.

Here's to hoping something tops that video with the lightning grenades massacre in Control!

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cOgFWCaeEI

Reminder this was the best commercial bungie never made

Last_Taste
Feb 13, 2012

CheeseFactory posted:

Thanks man.

Mixed feelings on D2.

I'm a pvp garbage tier shitlord and I feel the same way. The aggressive movement, strong abilities, and fun weapons made D1 fun. Trying to move up fast and play aggressive made me get totally wrecked soloing in the beta. I will say it again, it felt like Halo 5. Teamshoot, always use cover when shooting, and deny power ammo. I would much rather run and gun, but I feel like I can't.

Last_Taste fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Jul 26, 2017

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
It would be typical Bungie to have an entirely different PvP experience due to tuning of said mechanics when the game settles into itself.

That being said I have zero faith in them nor do I have any disdain for them either.

LowPartz
Dec 23, 2015

The Meat Dimension posted:

Krampus is alive?! :yayclod:

Yeah. Overwatch has claimed him. For now.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Insane Totoro posted:

Yes but can the clan please spell dumb correctly

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Neep posted:

As a two time divorcee and born again virgin that had to skip the D2 beta but will play D2 anyway to try to fill the hole inside, what xbone clan will fit me? Mulan's Mates?

Mulan is legit the best Disney Princess(tm)

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!

poor life choice posted:

Yes but can the clan please spell dumb correctly

Absolutely not. People might think we take the game seriously and that we're not just trying to have fun!

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Jesus Christ what is happening to this place

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

beta died forums cried

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

totoro is like new coke. a product no one asked for being pushed on a market that doesn't want it