Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

So what's everyone's favorite new map so far. I gotta go with Tbe Reef, every single mode I've played on it is a blast

Musselforge Fitness is loving amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I hate like all the new maps

Starfish Main Stage is probably the least bad out of them though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Strong words...why don't you like them.

Pteretis
Nov 4, 2011

I decided to run through single player with the umbrella shotgun. Rushing quickly though the levels without having to search every nook and cranny for the collectables is pretty refreshing.
I got to the end and Sheldon said he had all the data he needed to make it field ready, but it isn't yet available in the shop. Is it just a case of waiting a certain period of time or is there some other prerequisite?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The Brella is coming in a future update. When the vanilla Brella drops you should see the hero replica version in the shop as well, you don't need to do anything else.

Pteretis
Nov 4, 2011

Ah, fair enough. Thanks.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

In Training posted:

Strong words...why don't you like them.

three of them are way too similar in layout and don't have good verticality

also like all of them have unclimbable walls so you can't bass rap pubbies in turf war

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
I never played Splatoon and I like pretty much all the maps. :shobon:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I love this dang game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

dragon enthusiast posted:

also like all of them have unclimbable walls so you can't bass rap pubbies in turf war

Yeah they shut off more of the spawn zones compared to all the s1 maps. But also comparing these to the launch s1 maps they were also pretty similarly arena focused maps, before they started dumping big rear end ones or vertically oriented ones. I bet they get more intricate as maps get added, im guessing they'll put new ones in after the first splatfest is over

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hope the umbrella is in before that first splatfest

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Spawn camping is gay

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah. And every day I'm glad for no more ink strikes

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

dragon enthusiast posted:

stupid bitch

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Paging Guyovich to League mode...we are ready for eSports

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Good luck you guys.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/200279-splatoon-2/75596498

Go to Octo Canyon.

Exp: Super Jump to level 6 and get the crate that is on the side of the building across from you.

Coins: Super Jump to level 27. I haven't gotten this far in SP yet so idk where it is.

After you grab your ticket(s) go back inkopolis square and repeat the above steps to farm for more.

The tickets are greyed out like you are not supposed to get them more than once. Now that the cat's out of the bag, expect Nintendo to probably patch this out.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/200279-splatoon-2/75596498

Go to Octo Canyon.

Exp: Super Jump to level 6 and get the crate that is on the side of the building across from you.

Coins: Super Jump to level 27. I haven't gotten this far in SP yet so idk where it is.

After you grab your ticket(s) go back inkopolis square and repeat the above steps to farm for more.

The tickets are greyed out like you are not supposed to get them more than once. Now that the cat's out of the bag, expect Nintendo to probably patch this out.
They fixed it like 2 days ago.

We game with honor here in the Imp Zone.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bill Barber posted:

I don't. I need a billion coins to play their stupid loot box game

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Bill Barber posted:

no they didnt

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bill Barber posted:

In Training posted:

I don't. I need a billion coins to play their stupid loot box game

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hope they don't fix t by the time I play the single player

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
It's just the crappy 1.5x XP/coins stuff so it's not even worth it. Just get the 2x ones from salmon run

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

It's just the crappy 1.5x XP/coins stuff so it's not even worth it. Just get the 2x ones from salmon run

Having a million guaranteed 1.5x coins is way better than randomly getting one X2 coins after an hour of salmon run

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The first imp zone 4 man league just wrapped up...results posting soon

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

We placed 73rd out of 87. A rough first showing but we can only go up from here.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
that shipyard level is pretty cool too

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Splatmans

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I got a little burned out on this last night when I had 4 matches in a row that were 3v4 where I was on the 3 side. I'll probably play tonight, but it's going to be less overall because I'm wondering if there's server issues or something

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Plebian Parasite posted:

I got a little burned out on this last night when I had 4 matches in a row that were 3v4 where I was on the 3 side. I'll probably play tonight, but it's going to be less overall because I'm wondering if there's server issues or something

It's the worst feeling when you realize what's going on and you still have two and a half minutes of futile struggle to look forward to.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

P-Mack posted:

It's the worst feeling when you realize what's going on and you still have two and a half minutes of futile struggle to look forward to.

The true worst feeling is when it's you that gets disconnected, and you know how bad your team is getting hosed because of your ISP or router or whatever

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

The true worst feeling is when it's you that gets disconnected, and you know how bad your team is getting hosed because of your ISP or router or whatever

i ended up going wired cuz i disconnected once when the game was counting down. it counted down to one, my game just hung for a minute and then i disconnected without receiving the win. it was miserable, cuz it was a brutal back and forth match

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Hizke posted:

i ended up going wired cuz i disconnected once when the game was counting down. it counted down to one, my game just hung for a minute and then i disconnected without receiving the win. it was miserable, cuz it was a brutal back and forth match

Splatoon 1 would power cycle the wifi antenna in my Wii U during the first 20 seconds of maybe 50% of matches, it was really lovely

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Plebian Parasite posted:

80% of my turf war matches have had a d/c. Play ranked

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

My current motion control hurdle is training my right thumb to not gently caress around with the joystick when I'm in heated situations. Otherwise I'm liking em a lot

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Nice, my stylus arrived

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Splat me

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

This is very good, thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

Nice, my stylus arrived