Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
you can practically hear the gears in griffin's head grinding as hardwick goes on his "hue hue millennials am i right" bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Holy poo poo, the whole Goofus vs Gallant segment was amazing

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I want to see the fully unedited episode, like how on Thursdays they do a 40min episode. There were some parts where somebody was about to say something, but it cut ahead.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Boy, I haven't watched @Midnight since like season2. It really felt rushed and way more claustrophobic, it was just 20 minutes of rapid fire bits.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
https://twitter.com/ohjefframos/status/889664546910216192

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
The brothers did great on @midnight but I still can't stand Hardwick and I'm not going to miss the show when it's gone.

The Yugioh reference in Goofus & Gallant was pretty great.

Mr. Frustration Man
Dec 18, 2007

I've seen some things that would really make you say 'like what?'.
Here's a link for Canadians if that helps anybody too!

http://www.thecomedynetwork.ca/video/player?vid=1148276

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Griffin being Literally Tombo is so loving true that it's retroactively warping causal space, like some poo poo outta Childhood's End.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

I laughed multiple times during that @midnight. That's literally never happened before and will never happen again. I don't know how to feel about this unique moment in time.

I'm really happy about the good good boys success.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

graham cracker posted:

I laughed multiple times during that @midnight. That's literally never happened before and will never happen again. I don't know how to feel about this unique moment in time.
The only other one I've seen that was any good was a (the?) Michael Shannon one. But the reason is pretty clear for that.

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

The episode with Hugo Nominated Author Dr. Chuck Tingle had some good moments

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Party Boat posted:

Cool, I'm only 12 episodes behind so there's a good chance I'll be caught up before the end assuming the next episode isn't the last one.

As if Griffin, praise be to him, ever finishes any arc in two episodes.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

As if Griffin, praise be to him, ever finishes any arc in two episodes.

I literally laughed out loud when he said to catch up since there were only gonna be about 2 episodes left on last week's MBMBaM.

Also, in regards to @midnight, there's an episode that has Paul F. Tompkins, John Hodgman and Greg Proops on it that I think is pretty good, and might be worth checking out. It also has an outtake of PFT getting mad at himself and swearing a cuss. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3miqAVyaUg

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:
the squad's back at it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdUpI_S619I

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Russ is the camera lad once again.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Of COURSE they start the game going to Nick's house.

edit: Russ killed a guy! (after taking the worst sniper shots I've ever seen)

Jon Irenicus fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jul 25, 2017

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Just tuned in and Russ was slowly sorting through a dead guy's loot while the dude's buddy was killing the rest of the team. I'm home.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
Russ has a 3:1 KD ratio in this video and broke top 10 in one game. It's like an infant rolling over a rifle and killing a home invader, time and time again.

In a way, it's beautiful. In another way, it kind of makes me like Russ all of a sudden.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

working my way backwards through the archive and listened to episode 167 on my commute home (a loooot of chatter about Patrick Duffy), then started watching @midnight and Griffin immediately made a Patrick Duffy joke

:discourse:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Raserys posted:

you can practically hear the gears in griffin's head grinding as hardwick goes on his "hue hue millennials am i right" bit

The audience, which was roaring at everything, was silent for Hardwick's millennial slamming intro jokes. Who do you think your audience is buddy?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Chris Hardwick is a 45 year old pretend nerd man professional presenter, who came face to face with 30 under 30 media luminary Griffin McElroy, the latter whom actually makes things that are good instead of just talking about other people's good things. Not sure what you were expecting.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Years ago, I saw an episode of Web Soup, and remember thinking, "wow, this guy is annoying and unfunny as hell," and now I feel vindicated

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/sanshodelaine/status/889900576678477824

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Is this worth watching if it doesn't have Simone in it?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Anyone got a link to the @midnight ep for those of us in the deep south (Australia)? Everything I've seen so far comes up blocked :(

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

SpacePig posted:

Is this worth watching if it doesn't have Simone in it?

It has some extremely high quality Nick in it, imo.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/travismcelroy/status/890017067772112896

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Y'all today fuckin sucked but this MBMBaM is such a pleasant salve. What a good-sized episode and I'm not even halfway done.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

kidcoelacanth posted:

Y'all today fuckin sucked but this MBMBaM is such a pleasant salve. What a good-sized episode and I'm not even halfway done.

Uh, what happened? Kinda seems like everyone mostly talked about how good the @midnight appearance was.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They...released the SDCC live show? Not sure what you're asking.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
the senate voted to continue secretly working on tweaking a lovely healthcare bill instead of scrapping that garbo and making the turtleman sad they made him super excited because only gets boners when the poor die. He gets a super rager when the poor have to choose between going hungry or medicine, and he finishes when a parent has to choose whether to go bankrupt trying to save their sick son or daughter.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Ariong posted:

Uh, what happened? Kinda seems like everyone mostly talked about how good the @midnight appearance was.

I think he means the current events of today sucked real bad so MBMBAM is a welcome reprieve, especially a big live extravaganza

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Oh right, the other stuff. Ugh. Where's Ray Donovan when you need him?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Really good MBMBaM tho

Also, more live shows a-comin' :toot:

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Holy moly how does anyone watch that show. Slow down a little! The brothers were great as expected but the format's break-neck pace was a major turn-off.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I dunno if this got posted when it went up, but the ending is so good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH7nkhDIbTQ

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

NO GAMES
NO DRAMA

Definitely an UYD inspired joke.

Serf
May 5, 2011

MBMBAM is coming to Atlanta hell yeah.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUlWKbe7vSM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

I'm relistening through the adventure zone and at the hodgepodge section one of the question is "who invented Math", is this something from the american school system that theres like some guy who invented maths?