Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
lol this is also the day Truman desegregated the military

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
https://twitter.com/burgessev/status/890232180449972224

they're punting to conference lmao

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

My Face When posted:

I go to sleep for a couple hours and Trump goes crazy. :sadcoke:

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Nonsense, you said this was Theil. What makes you think that?

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 365 days!

moist turtleneck posted:

Trump cabinet: no wusses allowed

those pants, jfc :stare:

how...how can this happen

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

zen death robot posted:

let's stop thinking that when Trump approves a terrible policy that he has no idea what he's doing

Of course he knows what he is doing with a specific policy. It's just hard to imagine it's part of some smokescreen to fire Mueller or step 1 of a master plan to bring about fascist rule.

Not because those things are impossible, or even unlikely, but because lol at the idea of Donald Trump making a coherent plan.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

sexpig by night posted:

lol this is also the day Truman desegregated the military

totally a random and flailing coincidence

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

tenderjerk posted:

those pants, jfc :stare:

how...how can this happen

hard to make pants for dudes with skinny legs and enormous fuckin bellies

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
lol Heller came a long way in a week

https://twitter.com/burgessev/status/890232180449972224

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Uncle Wemus posted:

When was the last time someone legit tried to primary a sitting pres

ted kennedy, 1980?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

or the average person has bigger concerns than the clowns in the white house until it personally affects them

no it's clearly an expertly calculated move by trump's team of super geniuses, like the guy who gets laughed out of meetings and spends all day being extremely mad at the president's jewish son

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Relevant Tangent posted:

Nonsense, you said this was Theil. What makes you think that?

Dude doesn't like transpersons and was probably the only prominent gay American close to Trump.

because on Trump knowing what he is doing:

Yinlock posted:

he doesn't, he just rubber stamped this because he doesn't care either way

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Or, Heller might have room to support because he knows Paul/Murkowski/Collins are 100% opposed.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

someone is definitely lining their pockets

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
god i cant wait to die
ive never looked forward to anything so much in my life :allears:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

zen death robot posted:

let's stop thinking that when Trump approves a terrible policy that he has no idea what he's doing

he doesn't, he just rubber stamped this because he doesn't care either way

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

zen death robot posted:

let's dispel once and for all with this fiction that Donald Trump doesn't know what he's doing, he knows exactly what he's doing

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

god i cant wait to die

:same:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

People continue to operate under this horribly misguided idea that if you're an incompetent idiot that you can't advance a deeply autocratic and fascist agenda, but all historical examples of fascist dictatorships were populated by impulsive and incompetent idiots. You don't need to be smart, you just need to have power and the relentless need to wield it over marginalized people.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

"hmm. my tweet thread isn't long enough. better repeat the same basic information 3 or 4 more times"

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

exquisite tea posted:

People continue to operate under this horribly misguided idea that if you're an incompetent idiot that you can't advance a deeply autocratic and fascist agenda, but all historical examples of fascist dictatorships were populated by impulsive and incompetent idiots. You don't need to be smart, you just need to have power and the relentless need to wield it over marginalized people.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

god i cant wait to die

sounds lame tbh

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

the ultimate question is if they can get Paul to vote for something that leads to BCRA/AHCA. Idk.

I think Collins and Murkowski are gone regardless.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

exquisite tea posted:

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

lol at being willing to risk your life for America ever

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

zen death robot posted:

he's definitely making the Heritage Foundation dreams come true which should be scary enough

100% agreed

He is the most easily manipulated man in America and they are starting to take full advantage.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

That DICK! posted:

"hmm. my tweet thread isn't long enough. better repeat the same basic information 3 or 4 more times"

When you want people to retain an idea, you need to repeat it a bunch of times. Why do you think everyone knows the phone number for Empire carpets?

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

trump wants full fascism but is too stupid to actually accomplish it, so the usa gets lovely half-fascism

trump himself has kneecapped all of his attempts to go full hitler

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

That DICK! posted:

People are dumb enough that it's a good strategy and also they are good tweets.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

zen death robot posted:

wasnt Mussolini kind of a dipshit?

Mussolini was a dumb motherfucker

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
how are they passing the skinny repeal with 51 votes if it hasn't been scored yet?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Yinlock posted:

trump wants full fascism but is too stupid to actually accomplish it, so the usa gets lovely half-fascism

trump himself has kneecapped all of his attempts to go full hitler

It's been six months.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Chokes McGee posted:

how are they passing the skinny repeal with 51 votes if it hasn't been scored yet?

i think the provisions in skinny repeal have been scored, actually.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

zen death robot posted:

I don't know if you've been looking at what a train wreck of a president we currently have with a critical enough eye to see it would be an improvement still

We all agree Trump is a massive piece of piss. That's not the debate. My issue is with the strange lover affair American liberals have with my lame PM.

They could have put anyone on the cover and asked the same question but they chose Trudeau, not because he's good(he's not) but because on the surface he is a liberal's dream candidate taken human form.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Joementum posted:

i like the corums that don't get dec'd, ok?

lol fukk deek

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Chokes McGee posted:

McConnell can do what he likes.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Chokes McGee posted:

parliamentarians have all been fired into the sun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

It's been six months.

yeah and lovely half fascism started like 2 weeks in and hasn't budged from there

• Locked thread