Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

BRISTOL PALINS BABY posted:

what specifics? it's three tweets and nothing else.

Like everything else Paul Ryan says, his statement is simply code for "Oh god please leave me alone and just let me lower taxes a little more oh please oh god"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Trans people serving in the military != Veterans I guess

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Caitlyn_Jenner/status/890254837257981952

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
https://twitter.com/senorrinhatch/status/890251196455321600

This "wedge issue" is really working out sort far

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

It's still hard to believe that she's actually this loving stupid.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

mdemone posted:

I like how you just assume here that uneducated people and criminals are axiomatically poor.

To say nothing of how you appear to believe uneducated people and criminals make up huge swathes of the lower class.

drat you packed a lot of stupid into one sentence.

I'm glad you deny any link between poverty, education, and criminal activity. You just made an unironic argument for bootstraps!

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

There's only two types of people loyal to The Don: Those he's hosed over, and those he hasn't hosed over yet

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

HappyHippo posted:

When Orrin loving Hatch things you've been too discriminatory, you best check yourself.

Orrin Hatch, 1977 posted:

I wouldn't want to see homosexuals teaching school anymore than I'd want to see members of the American Nazi Party teaching school.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

DLC Inc posted:

lol I cant get over that "thank you" at the end combined with the Pentagon and the military being like "what the gently caress are you even talking about"

how is he still allowed to tweet

"Please be advised" is also pretty lol IMO

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
To be fair I'm sure Orrin Hatch's views have evolved and he is much more tolerant of the American Nazi Party nowadays

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

DLC Inc posted:

lol I cant get over that "thank you" at the end combined with the Pentagon and the military being like "what the gently caress are you even talking about"

More than anything, that "Thank you" at the end made me think someone else wrote it and posted it under his name. While the content of those three tweets is obviously terrible, they're well-written, concise, and sound like an actual professional took care when composing them. That feels... off.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

DLC Inc posted:

I'm sure plenty of people in the WH are concerned about the optics of his tweets but the staff members that actually matter love his stupidass tweets.

But probably nobody dares question his choice of outreach.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Republicans and Democrats will come together at last and lock Trump in a cage where he can be peed on by the public for a small donation to local libraries.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

HappyHippo posted:

loving :lol:. This is having the opposite effect he expected.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Jesus Christ. Every day, I hate Trump more and more. I don't think I've ever loathed an individual more than Trump.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Banana Republic

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Catching/skimming every other page, but my hot take on Donnie hating The Trans, What's her name Jenner can go gently caress herself.

"Zodiac Killer, can I be your trans ambassador?"

"Can you walk into this gas chamber? Also can I eat your skin?"

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Chard posted:

Republicans and Democrats will come together at last and lock Trump in a cage where he can be peed on by the public for a small donation to local libraries.

How is that a punishment for old pisstape peterson?

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
has honorable bipartisan maverick American military hero Senator John McCain rebuked the President for his foolish and bigoted decision yet?

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
Mattis was on vacation, wow. Trump is like the guy in the office that doesn't hit reply all and then is surprised when people don't know what is going on.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Dietrich posted:

When Orrin loving Hatch things you've been too discriminatory, you best check yourself.

I mean, he really isn't. "I don't think we should be discriminating... I look forward to getting more information" isn't a condemnation so much as a "poo poo's going to get contentious and I don't want to have to risk taking a real stance."

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/890259055461228545

:lol:

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

You'd think the military wouldn't care who gets inlisted since they are fighting for our FREEDOMS or whatever the gently caress. A meat popsicle is a meat popsicle regardless of gender.

Kale
May 14, 2010

So as soon as I heard that the Transgender approval policy was Obama's it suddenly clicked instantly on why this is such a big policy deal for Trump in the midst of everything is going on since literally his entire policy as president to date has been based around doing the exact opposite of everything that Obama did. He doesn't care about the military in the slightest nor Healthcare, it's just Obama approved the current policies it so they have to go. Not sure what his loving deal is with Sessions though, that one literally seems to have come out of nowhere.

Seriously though I think if you could get Obama to do a fake speech about how he's against Transgenders in the military and at least make it look real for Trump he'd turn around tomorrow and be all for it. I think this might be the secret to manipulating Trump into doing the right thing for once in his life but it involves getting Obama back into politics and a whole lot of role play.

Kale fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Jul 26, 2017

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Robot Hobo posted:

More than anything, that "Thank you" at the end made me think someone else wrote it and posted it under his name. While the content of those three tweets is obviously terrible, they're well-written, concise, and sound like an actual professional took care when composing them. That feels... off.

'Off ' is right. It is not composed entirely of thought fragments, ALLCAPS, and namecalling. Fake tweet.
I'm convinced that most of the president's genuine tweets can be identified by the exclamation point at the end!

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

gently caress Her. She is the goddamn reason my loving family doesn't accept the fact that I'm a trans woman, which basically caused my sisters to cut me out of their family's lives when I transitioned.

Caitlyn Jenner does not represent trans people, as much as she thinks she does.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Trump posted:

No Trans in military. Many such cases! Sad! #MAGA

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
It's astounding how much humiliation and petty shittiness the institutions of government are willing to take. You have people being insulted on a daily basis by an idiot who's historically ineffective and providing no help at all with advancing his party's agenda - a guy who probably worked with an enemy to undermine the country's electoral system - and people are just lapping it up.

I guess I don't know what I want to happen but there's just so little dignity

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

EatinCake posted:

Following a few conservative folks on Twitter it's really shameful to see thread stories by veterans who's argument essentially boils down to:

Which, aw geez, maybe there are trans people who aren't confused, but are in turmoil because of attitudes like this.

War, the unquestioned domain of mentally and emotionally healthy people

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

cochise posted:

How is that a punishment for old pisstape peterson?

I am okay with a situation where everyone can win in their own way

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
Trump's razor indicates that the dumbest reason would be that Putin made fun of him about transpeople in the military. That could also be a motivation.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

HappyHippo posted:

I'm loving stunned. If the gop is unhappy about this, then the culture wars are nearly over.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Rigel posted:

I'm loving stunned. If the gop is unhappy about this, then the culture wars are nearly over.

They're not. This is a stalling tactic while they get their talking points together.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

FuriousxGeorge posted:

has honorable bipartisan maverick American military hero Senator John McCain rebuked the President for his foolish and bigoted decision yet?

Yes.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/890260758050856961

ok

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
God, every morning I wake up Trump has punched himself and america in the dick from a new angle.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
e:fb

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/890260758050856961

:catholic:

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I almost want to start worshipping the lincoln memorial just to spite him

Milosh
Oct 14, 2000
Forum Veteran
Lol he's shook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The papists' time is now!

• Locked thread