Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I thought tungsten was the element with the stupid high melting point

I'm a hipster when it comes to using metals wrt temperature melting points

Agean90 posted:

thats pretty much dead on its gonna own hard

the biggest argument is going to between the biden centrists (because biden polls like 14 points ahead of trump) backed by obama and the bernie wing of the party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011
Clinton/Harris 2020: A slave in every manor.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
hot take: hot

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

ThndrShk2k posted:

If she got the nomination a second time there will be a third party candidate who gets at least 15% so they can get into the GE debates and gently caress the entire process up for both of them.

It'd be too much of an egregious sign to the general public for such a reaction to the scenario to not happen

I am glad of it

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I like my takes like I like my women: way too hot for me

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

anime was right posted:

lol what if we actually get a contested convention

its gonna be a blood bath

By it's very nature the democratic convention can't be contested because delegates are awarded proportionally rather than arbitrarily in the GOP system. Of course this assumes super delegates don't do something stupid like try to swing it if its close (they probably won't but :v: )

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

SKULL.GIF posted:

:qq: mY oPpOnEnT bRoKe AlL tHe rUlEs! :qq:

pretty much, while breaking the rules on yer own as well, yer just mad that you overestimated yer opponent and didnt do the same

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

logikv9 posted:

hot take: hot

when hillary inevitably whines about the primary in her book, are we allowed to discuss it then or will you still be insisting on enforcing the primary chat rule?

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Venom Snake posted:

I'm a hipster when it comes to using metals wrt temperature melting points

the biggest argument is going to between the biden centrists (because biden polls like 14 points ahead of trump) backed by obama and the bernie wing of the party.

be interesting to see what happens when the Biden centrists butt against the remaining hillarymen.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i'll probably kill the rule when 2018 rolls around idk

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Condiv posted:

when hillary inevitably whines about the primary in her book, are we allowed to discuss it then or will you still be insisting on enforcing the primary chat rule?

who is going to actually read it tho

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
We should incentivize hotter takes with tax credits

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

anime was right posted:

lol what if we actually get a contested convention

its gonna be a blood bath

I will show up with a bat

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
it's more funny than anything if people are still salty two years after

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
if the primary ends up being decided by superdelegates not bound to the results of their states primary we might actually see a walkout

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Agean90 posted:

be interesting to see what happens when the Biden centrists butt against the remaining hillarymen.

Biden is popular enough with the donor class that bar the peter daou direhards he will enjoy wide support from hillaryworld.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

logikv9 posted:

i'll probably kill the rule when 2018 rolls around idk

hillary's book rolls out in september though and i'd like to be able to discuss it when it's fresh

UHD posted:

who is going to actually read it tho

someone in this thread will be posting excerpts. there's just no way a book that juicy remains ignored in this thread

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

If Bernie runs, I would bet money that a nonzero number of Hillary Clinton backers will say that he should immediately drop out because the party already decided not to nominate him in the previous primary

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i thought superdelegates and caucuses were both killed, thus bringing peace to democratland

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

loquacius posted:

If Bernie runs, I would bet money that a nonzero number of Hillary Clinton backers will say that he should immediately drop out because the party already decided not to nominate him in the previous primary

bet a donation, we have a thread for that if you want

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I thought tungsten was the element with the stupid high melting point

technically carbon is higher.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i also need to restructure that thread, you can tell that i'm the dude who loses emails and forgets meetings irl

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

logikv9 posted:

i thought superdelegates and caucuses were both killed, thus bringing peace to democratland

they reduced the amount, not removed them

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

loquacius posted:

but every time I repeat this I'm reminded of the fact that the 2004 primary was a huge mess and we still somehow ended up with John Kerry at the end of it

Howie Would Have Won

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Raskolnikov38 posted:

if the primary ends up being decided by superdelegates not bound to the results of their states primary we might actually see a walkout

It would pretty much throw the election and cause a party collapse at minimum. It's one of those nuclear nightmare scenarios that if you bring up everyone in the room gets super quiet and uncomfortable

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

logikv9 posted:

it's more funny than anything if people are still salty two years after

hillary and fans still are, for reasons i can't discuss in this thread cause discussion of the primary is banned

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

logikv9 posted:

i also need to restructure that thread, you can tell that i'm the dude who loses emails and forgets meetings irl

oh my god your the goon who setup hills email server!!!

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

SKULL.GIF posted:

Howie Would Have Won

dean-scream.gif

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Condiv posted:

hillary and fans still are, for reasons i can't discuss in this thread cause discussion of the primary is banned

i see it mostly the other way but i also read dan rolle and ha ha goodman occasionally to see what mental illness does to the human mind

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Venom Snake posted:

oh my god your the goon who setup hills email server!!!

EMAILS! *acid wash*

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I will show up with a bat

how portable are guillotines

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i wonder what the french aristocrats or w/e said as they were placed in the guillotines. lol.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

logikv9 posted:

bet a donation, we have a thread for that if you want

reminds me that i need to add more bets, ty

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
here's my prediction for 2020 if Hillary runs again:

hillaryland splits between her and biden/m'om
biden/m'om end up with 10-15% of the delegates
neither Bernie nor Hillary end up with a majority
backstage shannigans for second and third ballots cause a walkout

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

the primary chat rule remains stupid as gently caress

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Oh Snapple! posted:

the primary chat rule remains stupid as gently caress

we're just talking about the 2020 primary now!!

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Raskolnikov38 posted:

buttigieg doesn't win outright, fake news

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

shoulda just let us get it out of our system naturally tbqh

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Raskolnikov38 posted:

theres no way booker/harris dont run and then become a single ticket if one of them wins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

Howie Would Have Won

Honestly he probably would have and then we'd have basically gotten a disappointing Obama presidency 4 years early

• Locked thread