Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

That's depressing as gently caress. :(

I still approve of non-messy suicides though. But they should obviously come with a working healthcare system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
helping people kill themselves seriously goes against foundations of doctor's codes and whatnot.
at the same time there certainly are cases where basically existence is pain and people fade away slowly, which sucks majorly.
But how sick do you need to be, and how disabled? After a while, you're looking at people just interpreting what a terminally ill person wants, and to let family or whatever make that decision, and not the patient seems kinda twisted.
im not well versed in the issue tho, so if you got another take have at it.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Poil posted:

Ah, sorry. I meant for a person to be able to get assistance killing themselves without restrictions about things like lethal diseases and whatnot.
I know, but I liked my interpretation better. This is definitely the first step on the road to the state telling people to kill themselves, or having their families branded "social cheats" that don't get to benefit from social services.

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
I spent :10bux: so that means I can be a cheapskate and post about posting instead of having some wit or spending any more on comedy avs for people. Which I'm also incapable of. Comedy.
So uh.. Regeringskris?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I'm not getting excited until Löfven holds his follow-up press conference.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Retarded Goatee posted:

So uh.. Regeringskris?

Why not?
Also a crisis without MP as a novelty.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

It's telling that the first thing you see if you visit MP's Facebook page are posts about the airtravel tax. Not only are they not part of government, for the duration of this conflict they're not even a political party. :v:

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
It's funny, all the military pundits who've been talking about how much of a problem this is for national security are now complaining about how Hultqvist (the minister of defense) might get the axe too. They really, really like that guy regardless of who they're voting for. Wiseman went as far as to call him "the best minister of defense we've ever had".

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

MiddleOne posted:

I'm not getting excited until Löfven holds his follow-up press conference.

Gotta hand it to him for giving Alliansen an issue where they can reliably avoid the question about SD dependence.
Alliansen are committed now and can't back down without losing their image as a credible opposition and SDs loves pouring gasoline on the fire.
New election seems kinda stupid if the reason is ones own fuckup, so I am guessing the ministers go. Too bad about Hultqvist.

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
Wow this is a new one, Alliansen is actually acting like a proper opposition for the first time since DÖ. Have someone upgraded AKBs software?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Pump it up! Do it! posted:

Wow this is a new one, Alliansen is actually acting like a proper opposition for the first time since DÖ. Have someone upgraded AKBs software?

This scandal spared them the embarassement that the next budget vote would have been so they jumped on it.

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
im restarting folkpartiet.

vote for me and ill be mean to everyone in power and call them mean names etc.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

TheFluff posted:

The outsourcing wasn't even a social democrat-initiated project, it goes way back to loving 2012. This summary of the Säpo investigation explained a lot.

People should read this, as it outlines the horrible incompetence of Ågren.

quote:

När Ågren i förhör får försvara hur det kunde gå så långt och göras så många fel hänvisar hon till att hon 1) fick en dålig överlämning av tidigare generaldirektör. 2) Hade en säkerhetschef som var otydlig med allvaret. Denne säkerhetschef har en personlighet som gör att “allt han för fram blir jättestort” och att det gjorde att Ågren hade svårt att ge hans oro gehör. Och till sist 3) att varken regering eller styrelsen protesterade - och inte heller hennes närmaste IT-chefer ville avbryta.

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
I spent :10bux: so that means I can be a cheapskate and post about posting instead of having some wit or spending any more on comedy avs for people. Which I'm also incapable of. Comedy.
No matter how well they handle it, I sincerely doubt if the Swedish population wants to be spoonfed more neoliberalism.

Also, what's Scandipols opinion on the writings of Malcom Kyeyune?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

He has very little to offer and is increasingly turning into an alt-right cliche obsessed with identity politics.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I'm with V on this one: It's a big loving deal and we need to get it cleared up, but axing three ministers might be a bit much?

AKB is happy as gently caress tho. I mean ofc she is, being an A-grade opportunist.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

BigglesSWE posted:

I'm with V on this one: It's a big loving deal and we need to get it cleared up, but axing three ministers might be a bit much?

:agreed:

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

MiddleOne posted:

This scandal spared them the embarassement that the next budget vote would have been so they jumped on it.

Pretty much.
S managed to give them an actual issue instead

Retarded Goatee posted:

No matter how well they handle it, I sincerely doubt if the Swedish population wants to be spoonfed more neoliberalism.

The issue about the current crisis is not so much the outsourcing, as how it was handled or rather not handled. Outsourcing is per say not a problem, look at the defense industry.
Although I have a hard time understanding why this registry had to be outsourced at all, as it in my eyes is one of the core functions of the state.

As for Kyeyune, he is in the left wing that have understood some of the core conflicts with regards to immigration/integration but he doesn't really say anything new.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Retarded Goatee posted:

He can be funny and occasionally makes good points but he's basically been rehashing the same critique of the left for years now and offers very few constructive answers himself. Worth reading every now and then but desperately needs new material.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

BigglesSWE posted:

I'm happy if they axe Ygeman. Mostly because I'm hoping it will undermine Dan Eliasson.

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012

Collateral Damage posted:

I'm happy if they axe Ygeman. Mostly because I'm hoping it will undermine Dan Eliasson.

I think he has poo poo on everyone, he will destroy one department after another until he retires. According to sources to SVT there is a possibility that the entire government will step down. I wonder if Alliansen has the balls to go through with an election in three months or if they will back down as they did with DÖ. Either way SD wins.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

SD wins till they're part of a government. Then they gonna learn hard and fast that they can't just shrug off minister scandals when they're the ministers. This isn't the USA after all.

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
I think we might just be amazed to learn that the teflon-like characteristics of right-wing populists also will apply to our own guys.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

What I'm saying is that a "grab 'em by the pussy" video would obliterate a Swedish government official no matter the party.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

BigglesSWE posted:

What I'm saying is that a "grab 'em by the pussy" video would obliterate a Swedish government official no matter the party.

Søviknes got charged with rape and he's still somehow a major player in norwegian politics. Another politician, Bård Hoksrud, got caught getting a handjob by a prostitute and everyone treated him with kid's gloves.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Alhazred posted:

Søviknes got charged with rape and he's still somehow a major player in norwegian politics. Another politician, Bård Hoksrud, got caught getting a handjob by a prostitute and everyone treated him with kid's gloves.

Wellp, I'm stumped. I'd like to think Sweden can do better than that but lol.

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
Sven Otto Littorin is also getting some exposure again after having spent some time out in the cold.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

BigglesSWE posted:

Wellp, I'm stumped. I'd like to think Sweden can do better than that but lol.
Sure, the rape capital of the world is gonna do better.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Sure, the rape capital of the world is gonna do better.

I sincerely hope you're not being serious right now

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

McCloud posted:

I sincerely hope that you're not naive enough to doubt the sincerity of a dane.

Edit:
https://twitter.com/Satanisterna/status/890205479066120193

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Jul 26, 2017

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

McCloud posted:

It's in all the tourist brochures.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Can a snap election actually happen?

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

McCloud posted:

The rape of one woman is a tragedy, the rape of millions is a statistic from Sweden.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

The people who title my country "the rape capital" of the world are probably the same people that scream about all the totally real and numerous cases of false accusations from females and furthermore

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
Sweden: come for the Lutefisk, stay for the rapin'!

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Wild Horses posted:

at the same time there certainly are cases where basically existence is pain and people fade away slowly, which sucks majorly.

Hell, this is true for most people who die these days. You get some untreatable cancer or infection, you go into hospital and spend a month on pain meds, with maybe two weeks of that lucid, then one week semi-lucid while family cries over you, and during the last week you're totally out of it until they let you basically die of dehydration after they cut your water supply for the last three days. It's no way to die, and I can't believe people consider this normal. Let me say my goodbyes after the diagnosis and then give me a huge dose of muscle relaxants and morphine and let me die in peace with some dignity.

thotsky fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jul 26, 2017

Fader Movitz
Sep 25, 2012

Snus, snaps och saltlakrits
Calling an election now would be so loving pointless. It would cost something like 250mn kr and whoever wins would have less than a year to rule before the ordinary election.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

BigglesSWE posted:

The people who title my country "the rape capital" of the world are probably the same people that scream about all the totally real and numerous cases of false accusations from females and furthermore
If you weren't so blinded by impotent nationalism, you'd see that this is nothing but a weak attempt at misdirection hammered into your mind by state propaganda.

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
kamelåså!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Fader Movitz posted:

Calling an election now would be so loving pointless. It would cost something like 250mn kr and whoever wins would have less than a year to rule before the ordinary election.

You should tell AKB that.