Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

logikv9 posted:

buttigieg doesn't win outright, fake news

buttigieg will get a respectable enough showing in the early primaries to run in 2024 if humanity still exists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

the party in my state got a few interns and an executive organizer guy who are both in their twenties and apparently like omalley which is odd to me.

also our state chair is the son of a literal communist who organized in the jim crow South this state is fukken weird

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

anime was right posted:

theres no way booker/harris dont run and then become a single ticket if one of them wins

Hillary and Bernie will suck enough oxygen out of the room that the clown car is going to flare out before Super Tuesday

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Oh Snapple! posted:

shoulda just let us get it out of our system naturally tbqh

no such thing exists

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Find me some Twitter takes about Hillary's new whinebook

I require more takes

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

logikv9 posted:

no such thing exists

enough dumb poo poo comes out per week at this point that discussion would largely be what it is now with a small smattering of primary chat here and there.

as is a lot of folks still have poo poo they want to say in regards to the primary but can't because of that dumb loving rule that seems to largely exist as an immediate reaction to hillfolk being confronted with the possibility of having to eat a lot of poo poo after they spent the better part of a year being huge fuckin' assholes.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

logikv9 posted:

i see it mostly the other way but i also read dan rolle and ha ha goodman occasionally to see what mental illness does to the human mind

well, i'm just going based on what i see from twitter (bernie sabotaged hillary, was too mean, etc). the equivalent to reading ha goodman would be if I formed my opinion after reading r/enough_sanders_spam

Oh Snapple! posted:

enough dumb poo poo comes out per week at this point that discussion would largely be what it is now with a small smattering of primary chat here and there.

as is a lot of folks still have poo poo they want to say in regards to the primary but can't because of that dumb loving rule that seems to largely exist as an immediate reaction to hillfolk being confronted with the possibility of having to eat a lot of poo poo after they spent the better part of a year being huge fuckin' assholes.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Oh Snapple! posted:

the rule was put there starting during bernie's speech at the DNC but thanks for trying

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

anime was right posted:

fyi i think if you have to grift as an ex-politician, book sales is the way to go because like 80% of the time people buy those things and toss them in the garbage and the politician still stands to make a cool few million

plus every library & college & hs in the country will buy multiple copies.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
dnd banned primary chat as well because it's a dumb circular argument only argued by people with nothing better to do. there are no opinions to change it's people arguing past each other and then going back to their safe spaces to gloat about how they owned X

if you want it so badly twitter is available

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i probated so many people (including a former admin, whom i did not realize was a former admin) for every instance of any sort of salt, pro-hillary or pro-bernie during the DNC because it was finally over and the purge of the Angry People was underway. we called it the Unity Zone because we thought that *finally* all the assholes would leave, which they did

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

loquacius posted:

Find me some Twitter takes about Hillary's new whinebook

I require more takes

there's not much because everyone is in utter consternation about trump declaring the country a theocracy that bans trans people

have a couple

https://twitter.com/DRUDGE_REPORT/status/889986260449636352
https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/890161372658585600

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

logikv9 posted:

dnd banned primary chat as well because it's a dumb circular argument only argued by people with nothing better to do. there are no opinions to change it's people arguing past each other and then going back to their safe spaces to gloat about how they owned X

if you want it so badly twitter is available

i have never been probed for primary chat in d&d. maybe they banned primary chat for a while after the primary (which isn't a bad idea), but it's not still banned. just here

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Main Paineframe posted:

the FBI is investigating a PA Dem for paying a primary challenger $90k to drop out of the race in 2012

lmbo

that's three years of my salary, how do i get that gig

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Venom Snake posted:

Even though I'm probably going to get owned for saying this: the 2020 primary is going to be an absolute clown car with everyone from centrists like booker to berniecrats like.....bernie running and this thread is going to be generating takes that could melt cobalt

it usually goes this way in open races (ie, a dem pres not running for reelection).

the upside might be that bad dems are so prevalent--and are convinced that they will win what clinton lost--that a bernie type could end up winning lots of primaries.

but that's assuming that bad dems won't coalesce around a candidate like harris and pressure superdelegates and party honchos into supporting the handpicked bad dem like harris before the bad dem even announces.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

there's not much because everyone is in utter consternation about trump declaring the country a theocracy that bans trans people

have a couple

https://twitter.com/DRUDGE_REPORT/status/889986260449636352
https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/890161372658585600

lmao i just remembered that this is american dream week todays gonna own

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

logikv9 posted:

i see it mostly the other way but i also read dan rolle and ha ha goodman occasionally to see what mental illness does to the human mind

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Condiv posted:

i have never been probed for primary chat in d&d. maybe they banned primary chat for a while after the primary (which isn't a bad idea), but it's not still banned. just here

i am extremely certain i've seen leper's colony probes from Fans that say "primary chat / salt"

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Raskolnikov38 posted:

here's my prediction for 2020 if Hillary runs again:

hillaryland splits between her and biden/m'om
biden/m'om end up with 10-15% of the delegates
neither Bernie nor Hillary end up with a majority
backstage shannigans for second and third ballots cause a walkout

If bernie gets more than 40% but doesn't win an outright majority MoM people would probably throw it to him

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

wait did that challenger actually take the 90k

cause that seems low

*~integrity~*

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
when wikileaks approached ha ha goodman and offered to pay, he probably said no no no i'll pay you

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Venom Snake posted:

oh my god your the goon who setup hills email server!!!

According to Goodman's video thing she also stored them on "the CLOUD"!

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Agean90 posted:

the party in my state got a few interns and an executive organizer guy who are both in their twenties and apparently like omalley which is odd to me.

also our state chair is the son of a literal communist who organized in the jim crow South this state is fukken weird

Omalley would have won tbh

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

logikv9 posted:

the rule was put there starting during bernie's speech at the DNC but thanks for trying

it was also, iirc, specific to the DNC thread, but i also can't find any older rules thread after a cursory glance so :shrug:

as is the only documentation of the rule is the current forum rules post, and that was posted after the GE.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

logikv9 posted:

i am extremely certain i've seen leper's colony probes from Fans that say "primary chat / salt"

that may well be, he may well have been probating primary chat at some point. but i've discussed the primary in D&D since the election and never received a probe for it. i think it's p ridiculous that it's still verboten to discuss it in c-spam cause who knows why

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Oh Snapple! posted:

it was also, iirc, specific to the DNC thread, but i also can't find any older rules thread after a cursory glance so :shrug:

as is the only documentation of the rule is the current forum rules post, and that was posted after the GE.

given that i probated plenty for it throughout i assure you that it existed

it was also codified in the old rules post but only as a "i'm getting really tired of all this poo poo so i'm going to up the probation length for each offense" addendum

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

UHD posted:

wait did that challenger actually take the 90k

cause that seems low

*~integrity~*

oddly enough, politicians are bought p cheaply

like i think $20k is enough to get most politicians to vote for whatever you want

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Willa Rogers posted:

it usually goes this way in open races (ie, a dem pres not running for reelection).

the upside might be that bad dems are so prevalent--and are convinced that they will win what clinton lost--that a bernie type could end up winning lots of primaries.

but that's assuming that bad dems won't coalesce around a candidate like harris and pressure superdelegates and party honchos into supporting the handpicked bad dem like harris before the bad dem even announces.

i mean that happened with jeb! and look at how that turned out

for every person that stays in line, there will be an opportunist that figures if they just take the lead, they'll get all the donor money instead.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Venom Snake posted:

Omalley would have won tbh

true, but lets be honest the dissicated corpse of jfk could have won.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Willa Rogers posted:

The establishment is still quite fractured at this point (one example is schumer and pelosi cannot agree on messaging or platform) which leads me to believe they will just stab each other in the back while progressives sweep it. In fact I would hot take so far as to say Schumer would endorse bernie over harris. He didn't wait till hills corpse was cold to endorse keith

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Oh Snapple! posted:

Imagine having the worst thing about modern politics be that meanies didn't let loud enough screaming override 3 million votes.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Condiv posted:

that may well be, he may well have been probating primary chat at some point. but i've discussed the primary in D&D since the election and never received a probe for it. i think it's p ridiculous that it's still verboten to discuss it in c-spam cause who knows why

i didn't read D&D so i can't tell you how it was but c-spam was a toxic wasteland solely from the primary and the rule, which grew out of the DNC speech rule, was just meant to keep the circular argument from forming

the primary salt existed amongst plenty of salty people and they posted in GBS

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/keithellison/status/890273676637110272

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Ketih great

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
the primary salt rule is very certainly getting old and outdated which is why i will remove it at some point

today, tomorrow idk but definitely by 2018 just because it's a nice round number

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

logikv9 posted:

given that i probated plenty for it throughout i assure you that it existed

it was also codified in the old rules post but only as a "i'm getting really tired of all this poo poo so i'm going to up the probation length for each offense" addendum

i'll take your word for it, tho i'll contend that the rule didn't accomplish poo poo. the biggest assholes remained here right up until the moment hillary lost

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Oh Snapple! posted:

i'll take your word for it, tho i'll contend that the rule didn't accomplish poo poo. the biggest assholes remained here right up until the moment hillary lost

we removed half of the assholes, whom returned when the other half permatoxxed to death

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
we're running on half-rear end in a top hat capacity which will will ramp up to 2x rear end in a top hat capacity in 2020 so when that happens you're going to see some serious poo poo

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

logikv9 posted:

i didn't read D&D so i can't tell you how it was but c-spam was a toxic wasteland solely from the primary and the rule, which grew out of the DNC speech rule, was just meant to keep the circular argument from forming

the primary salt existed amongst plenty of salty people and they posted in GBS

I think it's more of that D&D may have a different tolerance on what salt is vs C-Spam,

The casual nature of C-Spam means that salt is often taken far enough to derail a thread for pages resulting in people insulting each other. In the prime days of C-Spam we had more people, with more heated opinions

There's also plenty of modern events we already do that with.

That said, the primaries were a mess and nominating Hillary Clinton was a mistake for the DNC as Bernie Would've Won. This was true prior to 2016, and after November 9th.
Not much else needs to be said about the primaries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
there are some really, really, really nasty posters who stopped posting generally though, and they cause most of the problems. i hope they don't return, those dudes were the types to actually chase you from thread to thread demanding that you answer their loaded question and then PMing you if they got probed

• Locked thread