Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
oh wait i just realized that's a 4chan wiki site

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
1d4chan is actually a good site.

Nomads are... fun. Recent rerelease of Riot Grrrils, the power armor feminists, have Yolandi the Missile Launcher Gal.

Nomads live in three fuckhuge space ships and fight against the super powers and Aleph AI that sorta protects humanity. Corregidor is the ship of anarcho communists or something, Bakunin is 4chan in space, where you find riot girls, radical feminist christian pagans, gen engineered furries and so forth, and one other, which is... hackers and poo poo? I dunno, it doesn't have an army yet.

So yeah.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
The other one is the Russian cyber-mob in space.

I heard lots of people bitch about the Tuareg Sniper in Red Veil, but on mine I noticed a tiny casting defect that resulted in a small blob of extra metal on the surface that connected to the shoulder. Once I shaved it off with an X-Acto knife, the mini went together perfectly.

Of course, the barrel of her sniper rifle was ridiculously loving thin, so I ended up replacing that with steel wire, so whatevs.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Infinity has cool lore and models, and looks like a cool game but the creepy poo poo surrounding it and the weird attitude the few players who play it around here have will forever put me off investing in it.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

SteelMentor posted:

Infinity has cool lore and models, and looks like a cool game but the creepy poo poo surrounding it and the weird attitude the few players who play it around here have will forever put me off investing in it.
That's a bummer, because the game itself is really loving cool. I'd say download the free rulebooks an proxy the gently caress out of it between you and your friends. Learn how it works and decide if you want to buy in, and just create your own non-creepy meta. I used Tallarn Desert Raiders as proxy Ghulam for months.

Ilor fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jul 21, 2017

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid
E: beaten

I love the game and the fluff is genereally pretty cool, but it and the minis admittedly have a few dumb parts.

Not a viking fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Jul 22, 2017

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Nothing is going to be worse/need replacement harder than the Odalisque.

Also, proxying Infinity is cool and good, because most human superpowers are only different becaue of color coding, so you can replace an Odalisque with green combat stripper and nobody will be the wiser, though this mostly applies to armored soldiers. Kaplans can be stand ins for basically anyone in PanO, YJ, Nomads, maybe even Aleph.

Zalabar
Feb 13, 2012

Yes, he would like fries with that, thank you.
Eh; they're getting better about the silhouettes denoting different units.

And the Outrage manga is okay.
It does a pretty solid job of selling you on the cyberpunk nature of the world, the political chicanery between Yu-Jing and Pan-O, makes the mercs into absolute monsters and gives the characters each a little bit of characterization.

Admittedly it's 'cool sword guy swords coolly' and 'combat stripper treats her mech as an overprotective boyfriend' kinda stuff. Knauf (the dude on the cover and the figure the comic comes with) is definitely the main character, but not-Samus and the littlest hacker are well established supporting characters.

Also did not get a pedo-bear vibe from the hacker; seemed more an explanation as to why the pre-teen was hanging out with mercs and a good hacker. Probably had more to do with the 5 Faces problem than anything else.

They go through a few very diverse areas; the splendor of an O-12 embassy, the blasted ruins of a black market trade, a space port that could be pretty Bakunin, a safari adventure (seriously) and a Druze base.

And yet, I don't recall anyone's names and haven't felt a need to re-read it since I got the comic a few months ago.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Not a viking posted:

You forgot the hacker

She has a disease that is common on the Nomads ship where a child affected will stop growing into adulthood, but they can totally do grown up stuff you guys :shepface:

Nooooooo :ohdear:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
It's actually impressive how they managed to take a cute non sexualised model and make it creepy through text

PenguinSalsa
Nov 10, 2009

Moola posted:

It's actually impressive how they managed to take a cute non sexualised model and make it creepy through text

Yup :stare:

Shame, the model's actually really nice and it'd be great as a generic cyberpunk sidekick/NPC. You could just ignore the fluff I guess.
Infinity has really gone full weird anime space opera the last edtion, and not in a good way. I used to play Infinity regularly back in 1st/2nd ed but things like this make me hesitate to go back
even though the rules are great. The Nomads have fewer cat girls now though, that's at least some kind of progress.

PenguinSalsa fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Jul 22, 2017

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Infinity needs a space dandy and space idols (Macross) until I consider it a proper anime space opera.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Nebalebadingdong posted:

oh wait i just realized that's a 4chan wiki site

Similar to Reddit, 4chan is a diverse site with multiple different communities. AFAIK /tg/ is recognized as one of the larger tradgame discussion communities and 1d4 is mostly a much more succinct and clear resource than other wikis even if it does get a little meme-ified.

Chill la Chill posted:

Infinity needs a space dandy and space idols (Macross) until I consider it a proper anime space opera.

That Soda Pop Minis game has those.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

1d4chan is legitimately a more informative wiki for GW stuff than both of the actual Warhams wikis.

And it's the only reliable resource for a bunch of other tradgame stuff too.

The downside is that it's still a 4chan site, and all that implies.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

What adult stuff does that kid do, anyways?

The model is kinda... hard to use in game unless you have sihluette cards ready, because I don't know of any non exploding panda variety humans that would be that small anyways.

Infinity started out as some weeb's RPG universe, at it continues to weeb. Not that surprising.

Xarbala posted:

1d4chan is legitimately a more informative wiki for GW stuff than both of the actual Warhams wikis.

And it's the only reliable resource for a bunch of other tradgame stuff too.

The downside is that it's still a 4chan site, and all that implies.

Don't read Dranon's delight or whatever and you're gold.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

JcDent posted:

What adult stuff does that kid do, anyways?

Do you really need to ask? :pedo:

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

mango sentinel posted:

That Soda Pop Minis game has those.

I have those minis from a CSI sale. Space dandy looks so good but I don't know if I'll ever paint the idols. The boob gag makes sense in an animated medium for satirical effect, but as a static model...

Feeple
Jul 17, 2004

My favorite part of this hobby is the rules arguments.

Moola posted:

of course it was a loving joke you sperg

Hey, thanks for that.

VolatileSky
May 5, 2007
i'm gay thx

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Very disappointed the 3rd, even bigger sword is missing on fractal-nought

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

This is inspired.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
that's amazing

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Should have used a Centurion, the original Marine Matrioshka.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Why do people keep forgetting that this is the awFUL minis thread, not the awESOME minis thread?

Still happy to see it, though.

His sword is the sword that shall pierce the webway!

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

He needs a penitent engine strapped on the grey knight, and that Imperium puppet thigh strapped on to that for maximum robo-ception. Bwaaaaa

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He needs to strap it to his own chest and walk around the shop/basement in it.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Chill la Chill posted:

I have those minis from a CSI sale. Space dandy looks so good but I don't know if I'll ever paint the idols. The boob gag makes sense in an animated medium for satirical effect, but as a static model...

Wait, are we talking a literal Space Dandy figure or some dandy-like guy that's just different enough?

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

DicktheCat posted:

Wait, are we talking a literal Space Dandy figure or some dandy-like guy that's just different enough?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
loving :lol: "Dan D."

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Does the one on the left have goat legs and cloven feet?

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
I think the one on the right has been captured half a second before her back snaps. And I assume her top is put on via some method of vacuum forming.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

If it 'helps', the only human is the middle one. The other two are sexbots and can have things like rubber spines. Those probably aren't clothes, just part of the design.

(OK they're technically not 'sexbots' but they are humaniform androids with AIs, 'Chee' in universe)

Zark the Damned fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Jul 26, 2017

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer

Zark the Damned posted:

'sexbots' but they are humaniform androids with AIs, 'Chee' in universe)

Oh goddamnit, I think that's a reference to an old anime about a guy and his robot girlfriend, which isn't too surprising considering the rest of infinity

edit: Pretend I said Coolminiornot

Weirdo fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jul 26, 2017

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Weirdo posted:

Oh goddamnit, I think that's a reference to an old anime about a guy and his robot girlfriend, which isn't too surprising considering the rest of infinity.

Those are not Infinity miniatures.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Weirdo posted:

Oh goddamnit, I think that's a reference to an old anime about a guy and his robot girlfriend, which isn't too surprising considering the rest of infinity.

'Chi' from Chobits. In the future boys will be boys and girls will be robots.

It's possibly a coincidence but most likely a reference.

Though to be fair the 'Chee' term is used for all AI driven robot things including adorable Bonaparte-Esque mini tanks and not just sexbots.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

That's quite a missile trajectory there.

Also I think that range of engagement is so perfectly WH40K, where people with guns stand 2 feet apart, shooting each other's battlemound

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

lol

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Weirdo posted:

Oh goddamnit, I think that's a reference to an old anime about a guy and his robot girlfriend, which isn't too surprising considering the rest of infinity

edit: Pretend I said Coolminiornot

You mean Ninja Division.

Coolmini is cool and mini.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Zark the Damned posted:

If it 'helps', the only human is the middle one. The other two are sexbots and can have things like rubber spines. Those probably aren't clothes, just part of the design.

(OK they're technically not 'sexbots' but they are humaniform androids with AIs, 'Chee' in universe)

At least they recognise that their women are so implausible that they need to give some sort of explanation. I think?