Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Manning is mouthing off too. Doesn't understand that she's a liability that just needs to go away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

can we start referring to when trump tweets out a policy change as Fatwas

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Casimir Radon posted:

Manning is mouthing off too. Doesn't understand that she's a liability that just needs to go away.

preferably to prison

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Not a huge current event but I just came across it and it's kind of funny. USC's former Med School dean is in the process of being fired because it has come to light that he's been dabbling in meth and heroin for awhile among other things.

An overdose, a young companion, drug-fueled parties: The secret life of USC med school dean

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jul 26, 2017

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Fister Roboto posted:

Even if every single transgender service member was given top of the line reassignment surgery and the best hormone therapy available, and hell maybe even a free car while we're at it, what minuscule percentage of the total DOD budget would that comprise?

Service Guarantees Surgery.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Doc Hawkins posted:

Service Guarantees Surgery.

Unless it can be treated with Motrin.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Handsome Ralph posted:

Not a huge current event but I just came across it and it's kind of funny. USC's former Med School dean is in the process of being fired because it has come to light that he's been dabbling in meth and heroin for awhile among other things.

An overdose, a young companion, drug-fueled parties: The secret life of USC med school dean

" The dean of the Keck School of Medicine was a renowned eye surgeon"

KEK

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/890260758050856961

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Zeroisanumber posted:

I know it's a cliche by now, but he will express grave concern and then do nothing.

phrasing :lol:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

What the gently caress?

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Source your quotes please...

oh wait.... fuuuuck.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
He's been using that line in speeches for a very, very long time. Still weird.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

i like the movie camera emoji

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

i wonder if the random emojis trump uses is how he communicates with Putin.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Reverand maynard posted:

Oooh like the Britney Instagram thing but way more blatant

The Pi dude
Oct 19, 2013
Buglord

Reverand maynard posted:

Movie camera means pee tape?

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

:chloe:

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Is Donnie having a stroke or something? That seems even more nonsensical than usual.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

Crazycryodude posted:

Is Donnie having a stroke or something? That seems even more nonsensical than usual.

Either he found an old stash of Dr. Bizzaro's diet pills, or he's caught in some sort of face-saving, base roiling maneuver in preparation to straight up dump Sessions in the next 48 hours. Over the last two months or so, he gets pretty Twitter tough guy before he and his team makes a decision that they know is bad, but feel is utterly critical to the success of their agenda. With the Trans ban dropping this morning, and the angry tweets yesterday morning, I'm kind of nervous to see what's coming next.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Uncle Joe says "gently caress your couch, Trump"

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/890218086909063169

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Crazycryodude posted:

Walls possibly closing in on some investigations? He's been making GBS threads out red meat for the tea-hadists to get fired up about so they can support MAGA bullshit like beating some more trans people on the sidewalk for having the audacity to join the armed services their obese, pre-diabetic asses can only pretend to want to do. While Donnie is an incredibly, fantastically stupid mother fucker he does have lizard-brain talent at manipulating people and he knows what they want to hear so they'll keep supporting him in what I hope are the rough times ahead.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
loving GOD DAMNIT

https://twitter.com/gabrielsherman/status/890275115476365312

quote:

House Republicans were planning to pass a spending bill stacked with his campaign promises, including money to build his border wall with Mexico.

But an internal House Republican fight over transgender troops was threatening to blow up the bill. And House GOP insiders feared they might not have the votes to pass the legislation because defense hawks wanted a ban on Pentagon-funded sex-change operations — something GOP leaders wouldn’t give them.

They turned to Trump, who didn’t hesitate. In the flash of a tweet, he announced that transgender troops would be banned altogether.

Trump’s sudden decision was, in part, a last-ditch attempt to save a House proposal full of his campaign promises that was on the verge of defeat, numerous congressional and White House sources said.

The president had always planned to scale back President Barack Obama-era policies welcoming such individuals in combat and greenlighting the military to pay for their medical treatment plans. But a behind-the-scenes GOP brawl threatening to tank a Pentagon funding increase and wall construction hastened Trump’s decision.

The president’s directive, of course, took the House issue a step beyond paying for gender reassignment surgery and other medical treatment. House Republicans were never debating expelling all transgender troops from the military.

"This is like someone told the White House to light a candle on the table and the WH set the whole table on fire,” said one senior House Republican aide. The source said that while GOP leaders asked the White House for help, they weren't expecting — and got no heads up on — Trump's far-reaching directive.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/07/26/trump-transgender-military-ban-behind-the-scenes-240990

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jul 26, 2017

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

:sherman: (With complete and total incompetence)

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jul 26, 2017

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

https://twitter.com/NBCNightlyNews/status/890268681082634240

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Has anybody from the DoD actually made any statements in support of this latest bout of verbal diarrhea? People at work keep crowing about how Mattis is totally down with banning all trannies but nobody's been able to back it up at all.

All I've seen so far is a former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs saying this is dumb https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/07/25/accept-treat-transgender-troops-adm-mike-mullen-tells-congress/508852001/

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
If that Politico article is in any way accurate Mattis is probably pissed as hell, since Trump is actively putting words in the mouth of the Pentagon when it was a 100% political decision.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Fat Huck Jr. threatened to end the briefing if all anybody wanted to ask about was Donnie's tranny ban.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

sessions running for the seat he gave up is like a "I'm my own grandpa" thing

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Reverand maynard posted:

sessions running for the seat he gave up is like a "I'm my own grandpa" thing

So par for the Alabama course?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

when is the election to replace sessions?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
A burning cross to keep his seat warm

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!

Good grief :cripes:

Also who's got that piss tape gif of Doom Guy at a table and he's slamming his fists down over and over and there's the PISS TAPE text flashing with each slam, I thought I saved it

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Capn Beeb posted:

Good grief :cripes:

Also who's got that piss tape gif of Doom Guy at a table and he's slamming his fists down over and over and there's the PISS TAPE text flashing with each slam, I thought I saved it

I gotcha

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I wonder who is going to be the first person to 'transgender' in order to stay in because they get to do pullup hangs

edit: this isn't a knock at lady troops or anything i just loving hate pull ups

PookBear fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jul 26, 2017

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Random funny news:

United Airlines tried to ban people in San Diego from checking their comic books. Comic Con just ended a few days ago.

Someone brought it up on Twitter and United responded that it was a TSA thing that all airlines were doing.

https://twitter.com/TSA/status/889531354744016896

Lol

United is the Trump of airlines.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Clean Obamacare repeal vote happening now and already dead. Procedural vote in the vote-a-rama, but still notable.

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/890300097292120064

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/890303101219065856

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jul 26, 2017

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
I actually feel a little bad for United, because the whole company ends up on the hook every time an ExpressJet gate agent decides to open their mouth and make up a policy.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Yeah but this isn't an ExpressJet gate agent it's their goddamn PR apparatus on twitter. So they can get hosed

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Don't feel bad for United, it's free publicity because they suffer absolutely no negative consequences

I mean seriously their stock price went up after they beat up a guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
I thought that comic & book ban thing was probably an inspired joke someone played. Put up some printouts saying "ATTENTION COMIC-CON PEOPLE: REMOVE ALL BOOKS AND COMICS FROM LUGGAGE THEY ARE NOT ALLOWED IN CHECKED BAGGAGE" around the airport and :f5h: on twitter

I should have known better

• Locked thread