Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

corn on the cop posted:

More Swiss babies who can drive play and score goals. The Chicago Blackhawks select Kevin Fiala to kick off the 9th round.

Pearson - McDavid - Frolik
Fiala - Staal - Wheeler

Lindholm - Gudas
X - Niskanen

Thanks for taking both the players I was leaning towards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

kevin fiala is really loving good and that's a great pick. good job corn on the cop.

Laderhan
Oct 2, 2013
I just realized all but two of the contracts on my team are going to expire either after this year or next and I still have a ways to go before getting to the floor this year. Good thing this only for one year because haha I'm going to be so hosed.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
love those european wings fam

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

A little on the nose after this offseason for Caps fans, Washington selects Richard Panik.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Fiala is great but mannnnn that injury is scary.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
The available wings were looking a bit dire. The injury sucks but he's still young and he'll get protection.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Laderhan posted:

I just realized all but two of the contracts on my team are going to expire either after this year or next and I still have a ways to go before getting to the floor this year. Good thing this only for one year because haha I'm going to be so hosed.

Half intentionally I'm stuck with my team for at least the next three years assuming Niederreiter gets a long term deal.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

corn on the cop posted:

More Swiss babies who can drive play and score goals. The Chicago Blackhawks select Kevin Fiala to kick off the 9th round.

Pearson - McDavid - Frolik
Fiala - Staal - Wheeler

Lindholm - Gudas
X - Niskanen

nice pick jerk

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
if it's any consolation my goaltending is gonna be hilarious

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Since some jerks took my guys, I'm gonna say gently caress fancystats and take RW Kevin Hayes to round out my 2nd line.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Hayes is v good

Due Up:

FBS (6:04 PM EST)
Moosey
Laderhan
Thufir

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

I'm picking Ryan Hartman in the hopes he can maintain his rookie scoring rate indefinitely.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
I'm going to take Mikko Koivu because he's really good at shot suppression and he's coming off a 58 point season. He's old but he's still good. He also allows me to give Nolan Patrick a more sheltered role and the ability to grow into what he needs to be better.

Nash-Eichel-Sheary
?-Koivu-?
?-Patrick-?

Gardiner-Faulk
?-Spurgeon

Holtby

Laderhan
Oct 2, 2013
Quick phone post because my break is almost over, I'll take Alex Steen to round out my top 6.

Steen-Monahan-Laine
Dvorak-Turris-Palmieri

McDonagh-Manson
?-Dumba

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."
Detroit Red Wings pick D Alex Goligoski

Tater - Johansen - P. Kane
??? - Stastny - Voracek

Yandle - Ellis
Goligoski - Demers

???

VVV lol I was just thinking of taking him with my pick.

I think I have claimed the most $$$ roster crown, at least for the moment.

Thufir fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jul 26, 2017

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Calgary takes Martin Jones.

E:

Gaudreau - Galchenyuk - Nyqvist
TBD - Anisimov - Athanasiou
TBD - Dubois - TBD

TBD - Trouba
TBD - Barrie

Jones

Boomer The Cannon fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jul 27, 2017

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

mentholmoose posted:

I'm going to take Mikko Koivu because he's really good at shot suppression and he's coming off a 58 point season. He's old but he's still good. He also allows me to give Nolan Patrick a more sheltered role and the ability to grow into what he needs to be better.

Nash-Eichel-Sheary
?-Koivu-?
?-Patrick-?

Gardiner-Faulk
?-Spurgeon

Holtby

this is pretty good as long as Nash and Koivu don't fall off a cliff. Spurgeon/Faulk on the right is really strong and obv Holtby.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

mentholmoose posted:

Nash-Eichel-Sheary
?-Koivu-?
?-Patrick-?

Gardiner-Faulk
?-Spurgeon

Holtby

I was deciding between him and Zetterberg because Koivu's two years younger and an excellent defensive centreman but Zetterberg is handsomer.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

mentholmoose posted:

Nash-Eichel-Sheary
?-Koivu-?
?-Patrick-?

Gardiner-Faulk
?-Spurgeon

Holtby

Love this pick. Really surprised to see him drop this far. Sure, he's 34, but he's one of the best defensive forwards in the league, and he can put up some nice offensive numbers. His contract also ends next year, so it's not like he's going to be a huge albatross in a few years time.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Aye Doc has until 8:36 PM EST to pick. T-Bone and take me you ANIMAL right up afterwards.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Phillip Danault for me

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Hmmm I feel like I should take a vet but I really want Kyle Connor who I think will be this year's Ehlers for the Jets (perhaps a better talent, but he won't play enough with Laine and Scheifele to do 60 point damage).

We'll say he's on the second line for now because I like the idea of him with Radulov:

?-Seguin-Forsberg
Connor-?-Radulov

Stralman-Letang
Hjalmarsson-Honka

Schneider

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jul 27, 2017

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
I'll take Esa Lindell.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Well...since all my forwards were taken... You dicks.

I guess I'll actually pick someone who isn't a forward, who will probably have a meh season next year but in fantasy world it won't matter because my team will have the puck for days and maybe he'll re-find his radness and I can be a homer

Nashville selects Petr Mrazek

Sedin - Sedin - Tarasenko
Pacioretty - Larkin - Miller
XXXX - Barzal - XXXX
XXXX - XXXX - XXXX

Chychrun - DEHUMANIZE
YOURSELF - AND
FACE - SHOTS

Mrazek
XXXX

My plan was to take Barzal last round ( :yeah: ) and then grab, in order, Zetterberg, Nash, or Spezza to play on my 3rd line plus PP. Hank would've been rad because he could've sheltered Barzal until he was ready and hopefully 3rd line minutes might've kept him a viable top 9 forward for most of the remainder of his contract. Nash is a possession wizard, which I need with no defense, and also would hopefully allow Barzal to loosen up and focus more on developing his offensive game. Spezza is just a solid C and I would've loved having his scoring ability and my center depth would've been banoonanoos

So gently caress you guys, you ruined the forward bonanza

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
pfff that guy sucks he didn't even get protected in the expansion draft

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

protect this points to dilz

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Aye Doc posted:

Phillip Danault for me

You rear end in a top hat. :mad:

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

I kind of wish I had stuck with drafting just defensemen just so these picks would be so much easier to figure out right now.

So gently caress it, let me ask my good pal BroBot what I should do:
(team name) Fan ~Kilza~ - Today at 7:36 PM
!decide wingers or defense
BroBotBOT - Today at 7:36 PM
Definitely wingers

I will trust the bot's judgement and select an older winger with nice fancy stats, Jason Pominville.

x - Couturier - Pominville
x - Lindholm - Puljujarvi
x - x - x
x - x - x

Hedman - Klingberg
Klefbom - Pesce
x - x

Talbot
x

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Sedin - Sedin - Tarasenko
Pacioretty - Larkin - Miller
x - Couturier -Lindholm
x - Barzal - Pominville
AHL maybe to start?: Puljujarvi

Hedman - Klingberg
Klefbom - Pesce
Chychrun - x
x

Talbot
Mrazek

4.7M left :ohdear:

Gotta trade those last two picks for some cap relief!!

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I'll be taking noted shithead Boone Jenner. Now he had a lovely season on the surface (and his fancy stats are not so hot) but this guy once scored fiddy30 goals, shot 3% lower than his career average, and scored 33 of his 34 points at even strength. Plus, his versatility of being a winger or center gives me some room to shift folks around.

Landeskog - Tavares - Rantanen
Jenner - Kopitar - X

Provorov - Jones
X - Hamonic

Lehner

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
woowoo

Due Up:

Vincent van Goat (12:00 PM EST)
Jamwad Hitler
ThinkTank

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

The Devils select Flying Dutchman, Daniel Sprong

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Vincent Van Goat posted:

The Devils select Flying Dutchman, Daniel Sprong

Dear god do I hope this guy is as good as other Pens fans think he is.

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Dear god do I hope this guy is as good as other Pens fans think he is.

We'll know soon enough

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Vincent Van Goat posted:

We'll know soon enough

Just a damned shame he isn't a center. It's amazing to think we now have an abundance of skilled wingers given the Ruslan Fedotenko days

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
phone posting so I'll fill out the spreadsheet tomorrow if someone doesn't do it before that. I am taking Adam Henrique to center my third line.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Jamwad Hilder posted:

phone posting so I'll fill out the spreadsheet tomorrow if someone doesn't do it before that. I am taking Adam Henrique to center my third line.

Done for ya - I also completely forgot Adam Henrique existed so this is a good stealth pick here.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I'll be taking noted shithead Boone Jenner.

loving Christ. I was so hoping he'd fall to me. I meant to take Jenner when I took Anderson but somehow got them mixed up in my head. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Thanks. I think Scheifele/Krejci/Henrique has me pretty well situated as far as center depth goes.

• Locked thread