Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I haven't seen his whole filmography, but Zodiac is rad.

It's his best for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

PostNouveau posted:

Affleck and the studio came to a "mutual decision" that Affleck wouldn't direct it. And then the new director threw his script in the trash. And I'm pretty sure writing and directing that script was the only reason he wanted to be Batman in the first place, so gently caress it.

Prepare to have your mind blown, but Cervantes was a better writer than Cline. You know people from 500 years ago weren't, like, cavemen, right?

drat. i thought affleck's batman was unambiguously pretty good. i mean he had to deal with doing some unbatman-like things and silly script points but he played the jaded older bruce wayne and the intimidating, hulking dark knight returns batman well, i thought. it was cool to see a batman who was actually loving huge.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
WTF is a Mikey?

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

[Muffled catawampus]

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
*EXTREMELY HIGH PITCHED HELIUM VOICE*

Come for love,
but you never set it free,
now the tiiiime has come,
to try and get laid

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Film Gob dunking on Collider is always good.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lol I respect T McF more for this

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
"but feige has always said-"

"NO NO NO NO NO NO"

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

just felt like posting this again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUr4h-vDDMI

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

lmao

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Me, personally, I loved that Rich Evans laugh video.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
ugh this poo poo is so embarrassing why have they kept it up?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gwbxh4_hiY

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Son Rich Evans so what?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

:discourse:

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

a bone to pick posted:

lmaooooooo to remember that year rich evans looked like parks and rec chris pratt

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

a bone to pick posted:

Don't be ashamed of your early work. It's excellent evidence of how far you've come.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

bring back old gbs posted:

lmaooooooo to remember that year rich evans looked like parks and rec chris pratt

Two men, two different paths to the perfect body.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Indolent Bastard posted:

Don't be ashamed of your early work. It's excellent evidence of how farfat you've become.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Paladinus posted:

Shame that Pratt got skinny and immediately became unfunny.

Rich made the right choice.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

The optimistic guy opposite of Red Letter Media. Like sweet and salty but with moving picture properties and I quite enjoy both

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo
Movies with Mikey would be better if he didn't do that insufferable youtube thing where he ends each paragraph with bizarre emphasis on the Last. Three. Words.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

Paladinus posted:

Rich was on his way to becoming Danny Devito, but times are changing

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

how is this interviewer this stupid. it's REALLY obvious macfarlane is contrasting his movie to the ones out currently which includes the loving marvel movies. how does the collider guy even make that claim in a vacuum cuz you have goddamn avengers with like 20 heroes and a rogue ai with 20 million robots and can lift a city into the sky. how is he THAT loving dumb.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Groovelord Neato posted:

how is this interviewer this stupid. it's REALLY obvious macfarlane is contrasting his movie to the ones out currently which includes the loving marvel movies. how does the collider guy even make that claim in a vacuum cuz you have goddamn avengers with like 20 heroes and a rogue ai with 20 million robots and can lift a city into the sky. how is he THAT loving dumb.

He was literally paid per positive reference to Marvel movies.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Shame that Pratt got skinny and immediately became unfunny.

Rich made the right choice.

That doesn't count as "getting skinny". He gets ripped whenever there's a role that calls for him being ripped, then immediately gets fat once filming is over and stays that way 90% of the time.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Look at that guys fuckin nail polish. How do we know Collider isn't some kind of elaborate troll?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

everything about his look is a goddamn trainwreck. also i loving hate when you dunk on someone and they go "well we'll just have to disagree".

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

King Vidiot posted:

That doesn't count as "getting skinny". He gets ripped whenever there's a role that calls for him being ripped, then immediately gets fat once filming is over and stays that way 90% of the time.

The reverse is true for Rich.

He bulks up for his role in RLM.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

King Vidiot posted:

That has to seriously stress and gently caress up his body.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Imagine being so loving paid off that you can say there's only one thing otherworldly about a marvel movie

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Groovelord Neato posted:

everything about his look is a goddamn trainwreck. also i loving hate when you dunk on someone and they go "well we'll just have to disagree".

The most pussybitch "I don't want to offend or start any trouble" type of pushovers are the only ones who ever use that phrase. It's one of those things you say when you hit a real impasse with someone else, but they throw that up the second they get the slightest friction.

The Josh's of the world.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
That's not Josh though. If he thinks your hilarious jokes during a comedy video are getting in the way of his detailed retelling of the plot of a terrible movie, he's gonna tell you about it. And don't even get him started on you wasting his Sunday man.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
To be fair, the very first Iron Man movie had "one thing" or one basic premise: genius playboy billionaire builds a suit of power armor with super-science. And the only reason Jeff Bridges has one is because he stole it from Tony STark. But the second and third Iron Man movies have a fuckload of iron mans and robots and crazy poo poo happening. And every other Marvel movie has been over the top with the fantastical elements. That by itself isnt bad but its nice when a movie shows restraint. If you use fantasy/sci-fi stuff sparingly, it becomes more impressive when you do use it. Its also nice when a movie has one simple premise and then builds from there.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
As weird and funny as that interview was, gently caress me Todd Macfarlane sounded like such a hack before the interviewer butted in. Dark and edgy and R rated and dark and edgy and violent and supernatural and R rated and dark and edgy and a thriller and I'm going to make this on a laughably low budget and noone will care because Spawn died immediately when the clock turned to 00:00am January 1st 2000.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I care.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Fige? Feeg? What the heck person is he talking about?
"Fyigee has always said..." are we supposed to know who that person is when this nailpolish guy talks about them like an old friend?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the best is when he "corrects" himself by saying the movies. bitch he knows you mean the movies you're talking about loving movies.

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler
I just watched Rogue One for the first time since it was on Netflix. I didn't hate it as much as the RLM guys did, instead I just felt nothing. I didn't care about any characters or their deaths, but the space explosions were top-notch. CGI people still look terrible, guess we're just not there yet.

I feel like to really hate it you'd have to be invested in Star Wars tee-emm and I'm not.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
it was extremely cool to see the fish aliens use pirate tactics and also when the giant rear end ships 9/11 eachother was boss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Old Story posted:

I just watched Rogue One for the first time since it was on Netflix. I didn't hate it as much as the RLM guys did, instead I just felt nothing. I didn't care about any characters or their deaths, but the space explosions were top-notch. CGI people still look terrible, guess we're just not there yet.

I feel like to really hate it you'd have to be invested in Star Wars tee-emm and I'm not.

I had to watch it in two parts because the first time I watched I got so bored I had to go to bed. To be fair the second half was better, but still emotionless.

the Darth Vader line about choking on aspirations was painfully bad.

• Locked thread