Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

its funny because the lead singer had trauma from sexual abuse and killed himself

thats what makes the image funny

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Intrinsic Field Marshal posted:

its funny because the lead singer had trauma from sexual abuse and killed himself

Actually its funny because some person/company created fairly good looking/quality chibi anime figurines of a washed up irrelevant American band; an item no one conceivably wanted or asked for.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A band that was loving terrible, no less.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Randaconda posted:

A band that was loving terrible, no less.

No you don't understand. A musician died, so therefore we must all fall over ourselves saying how much we loved them and how much their music meant to us and that we are sadder than the next guy, and loved them more than everyone else.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Intrinsic Field Marshal posted:

Refer you right back to page earlier post

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Oh no, interest in psychology

:suicide:

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
looks like japanese have a strange obsession with linkin park toys

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
code:
CRAWLING IN MY TITANIUM PLATING. THESE WOUNDS REQUIRE IMMEDIATE REPAIR.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I guess all those Naruto AMV's made them popular

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Didn't Linkin Park do the soundtrack to the first LA Transformers movie?

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...

what the gently caress they made a linkin park branded world war robot guy?! :psyduck: I hope Ashley Wood had to do a painting of it too

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGSvTPPv-TI

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Foxhound posted:

Didn't Linkin Park do the soundtrack to the first LA Transformers movie?

The first 3 Bay movies.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

No wonder he killed himself

cnut
May 3, 2016

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

BrigadierSensible posted:

No you don't understand. A musician died, so therefore we must all fall over ourselves saying how much we loved them and how much their music meant to us and that we are sadder than the next guy, and loved them more than everyone else.

I know right, the fact that a man just died tragically is distracting people from what is really important. Namely, that various posters on twitter, youtube, SA and etc are way too cool to have ever liked his dated band.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

The Moon Monster posted:

I know right, the fact that a man just died tragically is distracting people from what is really important. Namely, that various posters on twitter, youtube, SA and etc are way too cool to have ever liked his dated band.

This guy gets it.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

The Moon Monster posted:

I thought they were a hip-hop group for the longest time. They aren't, are they?

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

The Moon Monster posted:

He didn't die tragically, he killed himself. Accidents are tragic, he did it on purpose.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Indecisive posted:

He didn't die tragically, he killed himself. Accidents are tragic, he did it on purpose.

yeah he did a real good job killing himself

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Lots of hot takes flying around. Getting edgy in here!

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Indecisive posted:

He was a very troubled person and anyone who kills themselves is a tragic failure of society for throwing up barriers and stigma to the recognition and treatment of mental health.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

there sure is a lot of pointless shitposting, in this, the shitposting for babbys thread

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Elizabethan Error posted:

there sure is a lot of pointless shitposting, in this, the shitposting for babbys thread

wait this is shitposting?

I will be taking notes please do :frogon:

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Jesus cant we all just laugh at Japan making weird poo poo...its just as funny now as it would have been two months ago.

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

Bismuth posted:

Jesus cant we all just laugh at Japan making weird poo poo...its just as funny now as it would have been two months ago.

I can't laugh knowing someone, somewhere has died and/or lived a traumatic life. Nor should you.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Aleph Null posted:

I thought they were a hip-hop group for the longest time. They aren't, are they?

They were kind of a rock/rap group. At least on their first two albums, which were pretty alright. I only heard one songoff the third album, which was about two too many for me.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

dumb. posted:

I can't laugh knowing someone, somewhere has died and/or lived a traumatic life. Nor should you.

Geeze, you're kind of a bitch.

VV
No, it's just really lovely garbage music.
Like Korn, or Limp Bizcuit

Johnny Aztec has a new favorite as of 23:07 on Jul 26, 2017

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I like Linken Park, why all the hate? I think a lot of you like their music too but say you hate it to try and look :cool: or something.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Cartoon Man posted:

I like Linken Park, why all the hate? I think a lot of you like their music too but say you hate it to try and look :cool: or something.

It's always been cool to hate Linkin Park, plus this is Something Awful, the site that took the "Cool to hate & make fun of things" attitude and turned it into an internet subculture

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

The Moon Monster posted:

This death was the first one to make me cynical about the mourning. When I was growing up, the same friends who hated Linkin Park and laughed at how cringey and fake-edgy "craaaaawwwllinnggg in my skiiiiiin" and "I'M ABOUT TO BREAK!" were are now posting about how influential Linkin Park were to them (no they weren't, unless you were trolling me for the past seventeen years) and how they were the first band they really loved (no, we talked about how they weren't "real" music all through college). I feel like I'm living in an alternate universe. I don't take any pleasure in someone dying because they were tormented by sexual abuse though, especially since their only crime was making music I didn't personally like.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

clone on the phone posted:

Lots of hot takes flying around. Getting edgy in here!

Are you....one step closer to the edge?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Are you....one step closer to the edge?

:golfclap:

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
LP was my poo poo when I was an edgy 14 year old. Nothing wrong with that, we all had something.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol if you're edgy music wasn't grunge (who still ended up killing themselves or overdosing)

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
How could grunge be edgy? It was super-popular.

If you wanted to be edgy in the 90's you listened to Brazilian ShowTunes Speed-Metal Snuffcore.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Randaconda posted:

lol if you're edgy music wasn't grunge (who still ended up killing themselves or overdosing)

I really liked Soundgarden and Chris Cornell's music, and apparently Cornell's death is a big part of what led LP dude killing himself.

edit: Speaking of edge:

marshmallow creep has a new favorite as of 00:08 on Jul 27, 2017

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

marshmallow creep posted:

I really liked Soundgarden and Chris Cornell's music, and apparently Cornell's death is a big part of what led LP dude killing himself.

Well, poo poo. :smith:

I really liked Alice in Chains, but ol' Layne had some demons, apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo