Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

soscannonballs posted:

Is Dark Cecil super rare? I see him on the little banner thing that I got Cecil and Exdeath from.

Short form: Yes.

Long form: assuming that global's chances of drawing certain units are the same as in Japan, you've got:
  • A 1% chance of drawing a base-5* rarity unit
  • A 50% chance of any drawn base-5* rarity units being one of the "rate up" units
  • A 50% chance on the Augments banner of getting a DK Cecil over a Luneth if you hit the rate-up.

In other words, you have a 0.25% (1% x 50% x 50%) chance on any given pull of getting Dark Cecil on this banner. Those rates jump up to 1.25% (5% x 50% x 50%) if you've got a guaranteed 4*+ for whatever reason (say you did an 11-pull or used a 4* summon ticket).

The worst part is that these rate-ups are technically an improvement - every other 5* in the pool has to share the other half of the base-5* luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Haha well I guess I will hold off then. I am pretty happy with the team I was able to make from all the free poo poo they gave me as a new player. My actual team is Cecil, Exdeath, Setzer, Amelia, and Rem.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Rem, being a 5* unit, is pretty good and should cover your healing needs for the foreseeable future (especially since she gets dualcast). Amelia's also pretty decent because she gets a gun-only dual wield passive, and an AOE stop attack which is great in the arena (and will hit twice when she dual wields). The team you setup should work decently for you while you play through the game and build up your lapis, equipment, and so forth. You could probably get away with stockpiling your lapis and summon tickets for future banners too if you'd like.

e: You should focus on Rem first, imo, since aside from being a good healer she also can deal solid magic damage for you as she gets several -aga spells, which can be used with dualcast as well. Getting her to level 100 and just giving her gear you get from playing through levels (and maybe using whale buddies to carry you for some trial loot) will let her burn through a lot of stuff.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jul 26, 2017

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

:siren: King Mog store for FF12 motes goes away tonight! :siren:

Make sure you have enough six star mats to level an Agrias or three...

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
446,079,826 for anyone wanting sexy times

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Cartoon Man posted:

Make sure you have enough six star mats to level an Agrias or three...

Those mats being:

Fairies' Writ (20)
Prismatic Horn (10)
Calamity Gem (10)
Calamity Writ (5)
Divine Crystal (5)

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Cartoon Man posted:

I was just coming here to post this

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

soscannonballs posted:

Haha well I guess I will hold off then. I am pretty happy with the team I was able to make from all the free poo poo they gave me as a new player. My actual team is Cecil, Exdeath, Setzer, Amelia, and Rem.

All of those are pretty solid units in their own right. Dark Knight Cecil is decent with his enhancements, but enhancements are super expensive especially for new players. Meanwhile everyone on your team are decent right out of the box with some leveling up. Cecil is a useful tank with a good limit break and a great TM. Exdeath covers all of the basic elements which helps a lot in getting lapis from story missions early on, and dual casting meteor can chump a lot of things and Setzer is the bane of the arena.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Nuebot posted:

and Setzer is the bane of the arena.

Setzer and Amelia together are the nightmare of arena. Setzer gets an AoE status inducing move, and Amelia gets innate (albeit limited to guns) dual wield and an AoE stop move. Those two together will pretty solidly keep your arena runs good.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
So why is this banner bad exactly? What's bad about the alternate Ramza and Delita?

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Servaetes posted:

So why is this banner bad exactly? What's bad about the alternate Ramza and Delita?

Medicore units in a double rainbow/quad gold banner which makes them impossible to pull.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Servaetes posted:

M.Ramza is a hybrid cover Tank/chain DPS with some magic thrown on top. His chain attack hits at 8s which currently nobody else does except Vaan, meaning he's only chaining with himself (Eileen's Piledriver +2 and Beatrix will chain at 8s later). He also doesn't exploit an elemental imperil like the other good chainers. His other skills are all extremely outdated, and Cura isn't enough of a cure to bother with, neither is Raise for that matter. He has Ultima but no dual-magic so he's just single casting it. His TM is nothing special unless you love hybrid ATK/MAG gear.

Knight Delita also is stuck in chaining hell as his best chain attack hits at 9s so it only chains with Rikku's water attack. He also has outdated breaks. However K.Delita imperils Lightning with a ST attack and his chain attack adds Lightning to his attacks so he'll end up doing a lot more damage, not to mention he has a very good ATK stat with good passive buffs to it(same base ATK and max pots as Orlandeau and 10% more on passive ATK buffs). His TM is also BIS for most Tanks.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Half the banner up characters being old isn't helping either. I've got enough Ovelias, Agriases, and Gaffgarions to last quite a bit myself.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
same even after fusing a bunch farming their tms

and snow

loving snow

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

PaybackJack posted:

Dark Vertias came out and people were super hyped because he was Orlandeau+. We know Orlandeau himself falls off in utility for a bit due to bosses seeing increased light resistance, before his enhancements put him back on top. Obviously the built-in imperil effect is pretty strong in that you can always get at least half your chain in it, but would people who played in JP, with the benefit of hindsight rate DV as highly. Does "chains with Orlandeau" still make him the better unit? During things like the Garuda raid, is there such a huge difference between a pair of OKs versus a team of DV+Orlandeau?

I'd have to say the value of being able to chain perfectly with half my friend list out of the box is definitely a check in the DV column. I'm never even going to dream of being lucky enough to pull off two DVs or OKs. So then I'm relying on others to pull OK to chain with. Likely to happen, but doubtful they'll be as prevalent as the current number of Orlandus floating around. I'm really not downplaying OK because I think he's bad. I think DV edges out on the utility and the fact that he syncs up with an already existing overpowered rear end in a top hat unit.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Knight Delita isn't bad, his setup includes:

250% ST 1 Hit Physical Attack + Ignore 50% DEF & ST 3 Turn -50% Thunder Resist
200% ST 8 Hit Physical Attack + Ignore 50% DEF & 5 Turn Add Thunder to Attacks

But he's not amazing (and his enhancements dont affect his chain skill at all, just the debuff attack iirc), and Mercenary Ramza isn't bot band lead singer Ramza therefore he's a downgrade.

That there's a bunch of dupes for long time players just makes it worse. For a new player the banner's still ok in and of itself. The real problem is that the Veritas units shouldn't be too far away now either and units like Dark Veritas are great for everybody and most/all of them have extremely good TMs, like Dark Veritas's +30% ATK when equipped with Greatsword & +30% ATK when equipped with Heavy Armor materia (pretty sure it's a materia, no idea if you can stack them). Or that the Veritas absorb damage of their own element.

e: I'll probably throw some tickets at DV but having Orlandu, Fryevia, and Tidus I'm not in any need of more chain murder units. :v:

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Jul 27, 2017

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
I have decided they need to give Lightning another batch of enhancements. Not unheard of, there have been characters with two batches before.

*Strike (the single target absolutely worthless skills): +1 - Damage, +2 - multi-hit (make them frame count comparable to Fohlen/Eileen/etc)
Crushing Blow: +3 give it 7s frames so it can actually chain (notably with the Divine Ruination crowd)

That would actually completely make Lightning a usable unit, AND as a bonus make almost her whole skillset have uses.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Wonder how long it will take that to get here. She could really use a boost on Global even now.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Servaetes posted:

Because we're getting better banners just over the horizon.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Mischalaniouse posted:

Wonder how long it will take that to get here. She could really use a boost on Global even now.

Probably never, I was just spitballing how to make her usable. I mean, they monkey pawed my last wish, maybe they'll do something about this one too.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

Dana Crysalis posted:

Probably never, I was just spitballing how to make her usable. I mean, they monkey pawed my last wish, maybe they'll do something about this one too.

Oh, I read this as "they have decided Lighting needs more enhancements."

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Ugato posted:

I'd have to say the value of being able to chain perfectly with half my friend list out of the box is definitely a check in the DV column. I'm never even going to dream of being lucky enough to pull off two DVs or OKs. So then I'm relying on others to pull OK to chain with. Likely to happen, but doubtful they'll be as prevalent as the current number of Orlandus floating around. I'm really not downplaying OK because I think he's bad. I think DV edges out on the utility and the fact that he syncs up with an already existing overpowered rear end in a top hat unit.

I guess it should be noted that Onion Knight would be easier to farm since he's not sharing the 5* slot with anyone on his banner. Hoping to pull DV is a risky proposition, not to mention the odds of trying to pull 2. OK has that base 4* with the 45 ATK accessory as well which is probably an upgrade over the old bracer.

I get the feeling those materia won't stack on GL but gently caress the whales if they do.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
The new banner makes me really sad. I hope the next banner is Veritas or NieR.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Dana Crysalis posted:

I mean, they monkey pawed my last wish, maybe they'll do something about this one too.

Introducing global exclusive, Luis Vuitton Lightning!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jbPDeT5A6uw

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Cartoon Man posted:

Introducing global exclusive, Luis Vuitton Lightning!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jbPDeT5A6uw

Goddamnit, that would be it exactly. And her limit break would her driving a Nissan into someone.

https://squareportal.net/2017/07/21/lightspeed-ahead-lightning-returns-in-a-new-nissan-commercial/

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

Shoenin posted:

Also Im reading on the reddit and people are saying its not actually Holy Dragoon Kain, but a literally OC Kain for FFBE
Nah, it's his FF4: The After Years form. Matches his Dissidia alt cosutme.

PS: Rosa is getting a 6* upgrade. Now I feel less bitter about all those rainbow Rosa crystals I got before the change. Slightly. Additional abilities will include Esunaga, Holy, Arise.

Varance fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Jul 27, 2017

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Varance posted:

Nah, it's his FF4: The After Years form. Matches his Dissidia alt cosutme.

PS: Rosa is getting a 6* upgrade. Now I feel less bitter about all those rainbow Rosa crystals I got before the change. Slightly.

This is his After Years form.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

Dana Crysalis posted:

This is his After Years form.

Dissidia. Alt. Costume. Bottom right. The darkerpurple color matches the concept art. It's very much a Blonde Terra/Green-Haired Terra thing.

Varance fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Jul 27, 2017

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

That summer bundle :swoon:. Makes the 350 ticket/gigacryst look like a joke.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

It actually happened to me today: I managed a rainbow pull on the daily.

Dark Breeze Fina

Not bad. It wasn't a dupe either which is probably the nicest thing.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

I evidently need a Genji blade to continue on in this game. Is there an easy guide to defeating Gilgamesh?

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Garth_Marenghi posted:

I evidently need a Genji blade to continue on in this game. Is there an easy guide to defeating Gilgamesh?

You friend one of the handful of people with a 100% evade Lightning/Fohlen/Tidus and let it sit for 45 minutes on auto attack.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

Garth_Marenghi posted:

I've still got friend spots open, 280 277 688. Just have Lightning auto attack for 45-60 min and you'll get all objectives (well you may need to trigger her LB when his bar is almost empty for one of them).

Palleon fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Jul 27, 2017

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Trojan Kaiju posted:

You friend one of the handful of people with a 100% evade Lightning/Fohlen/Tidus and let it sit for 45 minutes on auto attack.

I'm guessing making 100% evade anything takes a Noctis?

Palleon posted:

I've still got friend spots open, 280 277 688. Just have Lightning auto attack for 45-60 min and you'll get all objectives (well you may need to trigger her LB when his bar is almost empty for one of them).
Thank you, I will.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
My final free daily pull joins the ranks of the rest of my daily pulls. I had the "Week of Rikku" where I got 4 Rikkus in a row, and since then every single one has been a trash 3* that doesn't even have a useful TM.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
27 blues and one Snow, I guess that's pretty cool

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Garth_Marenghi posted:

Nah, you can use the Twenty-Sided Die instead. Pretty sure there's enough gear now you don't even need that if you've got the other TMs. Check the Dodge Megapost, 5 posts down the first page.

Friendly Lurker
Apr 7, 2012

IOIOIOIOIOIOIO
I got 3 Zidanes in the last week of free pulls, very happy with this outcome since I had no Dual Wield options before this.

The anniversary event gave me Orlandeau and DW, now I need the right weapons though. I have no Cecil still, but thanks to Hamsystm keeping up his Noctis up forever, I was able to get a Genji Blade. Should I give Orlandeau two high attack weapons, or use a Rune Blade (my only holy weapon) in the left hand for the elemental aspect?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cactaur dunes starts tomorrow. I would recommend everyone run that exclusively until Monday, then switch over to the tactics event. Level up at least one Agrias, maybe two if you have it. KongBakPao says that two Agrias with at least 650 ATK can duo the content. Reddit is reccomending you equip a fire sword on Agrias for chaining, specifically the Crimson Blade. No excals, there are Light resistance enemies.

If we are in fact getting Nier next week, then you will want to stash some extra Kingtaurs so you can quick level a unit or two...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Garth_Marenghi posted:

Noctis' Ring of the Lucii's 25% dodge is nice but it doesn't really stack well except with another Ring of the Lucii. Since nothing gives 15/25/etc.% dodge except RotL and no character has 5/15/25/etc. innate evade you can't take advantage of that extra 5% dodge except with 5% dodge materia/gear... which can be just as well served with a 10% dodge materia/gear. Get RotL if you have a Noctis (and hopefully it'll get reverted to it's unnerfed JP version with +30% ATK&MAG) but like Payback Jack said it can be subbed with 20 Sided Die.

e: Correction, a few characters have 15% evade! They'd get more out of RotL than 20 Sided Die. /e:

Friendly Lurker posted:

I got 3 Zidanes in the last week of free pulls, very happy with this outcome since I had no Dual Wield options before this.

The anniversary event gave me Orlandeau and DW, now I need the right weapons though. I have no Cecil still, but thanks to Hamsystm keeping up his Noctis up forever, I was able to get a Genji Blade. Should I give Orlandeau two high attack weapons, or use a Rune Blade (my only holy weapon) in the left hand for the elemental aspect?

Use the Rune Blade. It'll trigger his Great Sword Mastery, he can take advantage of the -50% light resist Divine Ruination causes, and it means he can elemental chain which adds more bonus damage than normal chains which is how you get Orlandu to shitwreck everything that isn't immune to light.

(My last free pull: Alma! :negative: After a near full week of Ruggels I didn't get any on banner 3*s this week. gently caress the gatcha.)

Scrublord Prime fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jul 27, 2017

• Locked thread